ProBuild Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.7

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

Applied for a laborer position and was called to set up an interview one week later. When I got there I met with the operations manager. He said the interview was for an assembler position, not laborer. Not sure why they had the laborer position posted online in that case, but I said I wasn't interested.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ProBuild (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter, she asked about my life, some scenarios, a bit about experience not much though. Then I met with the manager and she asked me more scenarios, told me about the position, and a bit more about myself. My interview was at 9 am and I got a call back at around 12pm and accepted the offer. I loved that it was ran by young minority women. I am one myself. I was email and acceptance letter. My tentative start date will be soon just have to do a drug test and background screening.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Window Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild (Midvale, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the regional manager and 2 division managers. They explained the scope of work and what would be required of me and they what they were looking for in an employee. Told me about the company and their back ground. they asked me some questions to find out a little more about me other than what was on the resume.

Interview Questions

• How I was able to get 150 new accounts in a year?   1 Answer

Accountant II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

Met with Controller and Manager of Accounting for a few hours. Both were individual. They asked background information and asked questions related to how you acted in certain circumstances. Wanted to know a lot about the person to make sure they fit in.

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

Streamlined and easy. Met with management and signed a contract the same day. Afterwards trying to be implemented in the system was somewhat atrocious. Eventually everything smoothed out and any issues usually revolve around dysfunctional management.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. Applied online and received a phone call from the Recruiter the next day. Had a quick phone interview with the Recruiter and the next week a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Made it to the on-site interview 2.5 weeks later. Interview was 3 hours long. 1:1 interviews with Hiring Manager, another Manager and VP of the Dept. Pretty casual/conversational interviews until the final interview. They were very intimidating, asked questions I felt were irrelevant and that set me up for failure. Asked me a "case question" (never had one of these before). Case was that I created a bulb to go in a lamp that was brighter and lasted longer than ones on the market. I was in Canada. What was my revenue going to be the first year. This is literally the only info he gave me. Had no clue where to go with this and he did reiterate he wanted a number. Then asked me to tell them a joke. Then at the end of the interview handed me a laptop with a large data set. Said I had 5 minutes to try to answer 3 questions about the data set and proceeded to watch me over my shoulder. There was no way to complete the analysis in 5 minutes let alone with someone hovering over you watching. Overall it was a horrible experience. Never felt so small in an interview before until this one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a joke. What is your ice breaker?   2 Answers

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ProBuild (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening a few weeks after. Two months later finally had an in person interview with Accounting Supervisor and Accounting Manager. Relaxed and friendly interviews. Had a follow up interview a month after that with the VP of Finance and talked to 2 of the other accountants. Thought everything went well, but never heard another word from them. Emailed HR two weeks after the 2nd interview and they hadn't heard anything and said they would follow up a week or two later. Never heard anything another word about it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of the ordinary. A few "name a time when" questions.   Answer Question

Truss Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild (Clackamas, OR).

Interview

had to put in several applications until it was noticed, had first interview with supervisor and then second interview with district manager, supervisor, and HR rep.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave a starting wage and that was it. there was no room for negotiation.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after relocating to Denver, after a brief phone interview I was invited to an in person interview with several managers. It was very relaxed, and one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had. All questions were relevant, but asked in a way that made for easy conversation, particularly when discussing my background and experience.

Administrative Manager Interview

Interview

Management is well structured in their questions from the GM to the Area and Regional VP's. They know what it takes to perform this position and are on target. I was extremely impressed with their level of expertise in the interview process. Lame interviewers leave me wondering if I would want to work for them...Probuild Eastern division was not the case. I am a proud part of the team.

Interview Questions

• I actually interviewed for an Accounting position but was asked if I was willing to relocate then offered the Adm. Mgr. position. I work for a great management team.   Answer Question