ProBuild

Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.7

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild in December 2014.

Process took 3 weeks. Applied online and received a phone call from the Recruiter the next day. Had a quick phone interview with the Recruiter and the next week a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Made it to the on-site interview 2.5 weeks later. Interview was 3 hours long. 1:1 interviews with Hiring Manager, another Manager and VP of the Dept. Pretty casual/conversational interviews until the final interview. They were very intimidating, asked questions I felt were irrelevant and that set me up for failure. Asked me a "case question" (never had one of these before). Case was that I created a bulb to go in a lamp that was brighter and lasted longer than ones on the market. I was in Canada. What was my revenue going to be the first year. This is literally the only info he gave me. Had no clue where to go with this and he did reiterate he wanted a number. Then asked me to tell them a joke. Then at the end of the interview handed me a laptop with a large data set. Said I had 5 minutes to try to answer 3 questions about the data set and proceeded to watch me over my shoulder. There was no way to complete the analysis in 5 minutes let alone with someone hovering over you watching. Overall it was a horrible experience. Never felt so small in an interview before until this one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a joke. What is your ice breaker?   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild.

I was contacted by HR after relocating to Denver, after a brief phone interview I was invited to an in person interview with several managers. It was very relaxed, and one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had. All questions were relevant, but asked in a way that made for easy conversation, particularly when discussing my background and experience.

Truss Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild.

had to put in several applications until it was noticed, had first interview with supervisor and then second interview with district manager, supervisor, and HR rep.

Interview Questions
    they gave a starting wage and that was it. there was no room for negotiation.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ProBuild in May 2014.

Applied online and had a phone screening a few weeks after. Two months later finally had an in person interview with Accounting Supervisor and Accounting Manager. Relaxed and friendly interviews. Had a follow up interview a month after that with the VP of Finance and talked to 2 of the other accountants. Thought everything went well, but never heard another word from them. Emailed HR two weeks after the 2nd interview and they hadn't heard anything and said they would follow up a week or two later. Never heard anything another word about it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary. A few "name a time when" questions.   Answer Question

ERP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ProBuild in May 2009.

I had to take an IQ and a personality test online, then got called in. I spoke to someone from HR for a little while, then spoke to a few managers. I basically just spoke about myself and answered some questions about group projects I have worked on, include situations where things didn't go so well.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a specific project you worked on where there were problems.   Answer Question
    • What do you want to do when you graduate?   Answer Question
    N/A

Financial Planning and Analysis Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ProBuild in July 2011.

Experienced 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews on 3 separate dates. Feedback was positive after each and a yes/no date was given. Received zero response after final interview. Feedback and formal "no" decision would have been appreciated. Lacking culture.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ProBuild in July 2011.

It was a smooth and fluid process.

Interview Questions
    • Provided a case study that the interviewee had to plan out.   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ProBuild in January 2010.

It was OK

Had to negotiate salary. Company offered me $12K less than what I was currently making.

Deployment Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ProBuild in March 2009.

hiring process took forever. Interview went well. very professional.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult or unexpected questions. None that would trip you up. Very professional   Answer Question
    the salary was what it was--no negotiation

Inside Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ProBuild in December 2010.

just your average interview

Interview Questions
    • what makes you better then the other people interviewing   Answer Question