ProMedica Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ProMedica (Toledo, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 parts: An advanced skills test, a Microsoft Excel test, and an interview with the hiring manager. After the tests and interview, I asked when I would hear of the next steps in the interview process. I was told by the hiring manager sometime in the next week. After not hearing anything for 2 weeks, I emailed the hiring manager to see if they had any update. Since that email, I have heard nothing. Poor follow-up with potential employees with non-existent communication.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where something did not go your way, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Payroll Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ProMedica.

Interview

Had an entry level interview with recruiter. Went over my resume and talked about my compensation requirements. About a month later I was called for an interview with hiring manager. Very basic interview questions about my experience. A week after that I had an interview with 6 peers. The peers asked a lot of questions. Main purpose was to see how I fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why would you be a good candidate for position?   Answer Question

Nursing Residency Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ProMedica.

Interview

Be prepared to share specific personal examples of leadership, teamwork, and communication skills. Also, you will be asked to give a mock "shift report" to a panel of directors. Insight into why you wanted to be a Nurse in the first place is just as important as showcasing your academic achievements. They seemed to be very interested in the heart, soul, and personality of the candidate more than simply brains. Be thoughtful and true.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make a decision you knew others would not agree with. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ProMedica (Toledo, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Received an email from a promedica recruiter asking for me to apply for the position. I did so, and in a couple of days received another email, this time from the hiring manager. She wanted to set up a date for an interview, which was quick and painless. I arrived at the interview 5 minutes early and the front desk person seemed like he was expecting me, then he asked that I wait. While I sat in the stuffy and very hot waiting area (think cheap doctors office), I could clearly hear the front desk guy looking for the people I was interviewing with, then after a short while he asked me to come with him. At some point as I followed, the guy realized that nobody was ready, or even around, so he asked me to go back to the waiting area again. Then I noticed there was a guy with a lot of gel in his hair sitting at the end of the hallway hollering as he closed his laptop to "bring him back!", yet I was clearly standing right there. That was a little odd I thought. I went to the conference room and ended up interviewing with 4 individuals; one team member, the gelled hair holler-er who ended up being some kind of "hot shot" supervisor who was way overdressed, and no doubt thought highly of himself, and two managers. They asked standard IT questions but seemed like they wanted to show off how awesome they thought their infrastructure was. Telling me little knowledge nuggets like "we have over 400 technicians" and "we're using blah blah blah", standard gloating type comments about how great they are. The hot shot supervisor aka gel guy had a bunch of meaningless specs on thousands of accounts and other uninteresting facts which seemed to impress his managers as he recited them (having no doubt just looked them up moments before we first met). It was humorous enough. The overall interview went well and I left with an overall positive feeling. Alas, I was never to hear from them again. That is the reason for my review here. I thought it to be pretty bizarre and border line unprofessional to leave no follow up with their potential candidates. No letter, no phone call, no email. Nothing... Nada... Zip! The thing that is irritating to me is that I was "feeling them out" just as much as they were trying to discover their "perfect match". I took time to devote to a potential career move with Promedica, and mind you I'm employed, so to me time really is money. I can safely say that I am no longer interested in Promedica. I will close with my overall thoughts: the office looked dated and booring, cubicles were jammed everywhere, almost no window light whatsoever, and super uncomfortable and stuffy. The employees that I saw as I walked by seemed to be silently screaming to me "run away!", "run as fast as you can before you get sucked in!!!", "it's a trap!!". Hopefully you get the point. Promedica seemed like it would be a wonderful opportunity. Unfortunately it seemed like a really bleak and unpleasant looking work environment. I felt bad for the "team member" who looked like he was forced to be there. Not only did he have no questions for me, but the managers forced him to ask me something. Pretty weird. My advice is to skip this one. As IT professionals we have opportunity to work in amazing fields and places that care about you. Save yourself for something better!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ProMedica (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I had been applying online and in person for months with no response. Happened to meet a Director at a concert who gave me her card. I emailed her my resume and had an interview the next week and an offer soon after that.

Rehab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ProMedica (Dayton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

:) great company. Friendly staff. Fair interviewing process. Just wasn't what I was looking for career wise. Too far of a drive especially in the winter time. Was looking for part time due to my college class schedule.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ProMedica.

Interview

Took a couple of weeks. Two interviews total. HR interview was comfortable with standard behavioral based questions.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ProMedica in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on by going to their career section. I got a phone call a week later for an interview with the hiring manager. Interview was very much to the point. A lot of behavioral questions. Afterwords, the hiring manager took me around and introduced me to her team. That was a very nice experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. A lot of work related and "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a little more back and forth.

Interview

Was unprofessional at Bay Park.

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ProMedica.

Interview

I was contacted by administrative assistant, who scheduled a phone interview for me and asked that I send in writing samples beforehand. About two weeks later, the phone interview was completed, in which typical questions are asked - what I wanted out of the job, what they expected and really determining whether we were a good fit for each other. I was then informed that they'd like to schedule an in-person interview with me, as I was from from out of town. The interview was an all day process, from 7am to 3:30 pm, and they were kind enough to treat me to lunch. I did have to travel back and forth between locations a few times, with little travel time. Many of my interviewers were late to our meetings, which made keeping on schedule a real challenge. Exhausting process, but very few uncommon occurrences for this type of job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few technical or relevant questions. However, I was asked to sit down with one stakeholder who wanted to write a case report. After giving me an overview of the case, they asked to me outline how I would write it for publication. On the spot, that was a little tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were possible.