Procter & Gamble Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

3.5

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It's difficult to get a job with this company if you don't know someone. They usually promote within or hire interns.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult, make sure you know your stuff about the history of the company and their culture!!   Answer Question
Not an option - they have ranges for each Band level.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

Interviewed by one experienced senior HR manager (with 12 years sales experience) and one senior Sales Account Manager. Completely situational based questions. Turned off by when interviewer said "one day, you could even work anywhere in North America"—as if to sound it was the best thing ever. But overall fair questions and no curve balls.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you implemented something new—that had never been done before—to achieve success.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

I applied via the P&G website and was contacted several weeks later for an interview. Before the interview I had to do a skills test. I was very surprised about the format of the interview. It was myself and three women. When I entered the room, they didn't introduce themselves at all but immediately stated that they wanted situation-behavior-outcome responses to the questions they were going to ask. They asked questions according to their three rubrics and core competencies. The entire time I was talking, all three of them had their heads down and profusely writing my every word.

The questions were quite difficult. They asked very specific to very broad questions. One of them being, tell me about a time where you had to work with a set of complex data and how did you use that data to solve a problem?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with complex data and how did you use that data to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2011.

After applying, online tests were sent. They determine your fit within the larger group. Hard to gauge how you do ...

Interview was in front of two P&G employees. They were nice. Be prepared as the interview was tough (though not consulting tough) ...

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2010.

Prroblem solving test and 3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Prepare short stories of how you worked in a team, resolved a conflict, demonstrated leadership skills etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2010.

My interview is in the future, that's why i cann't give any advices. So far I have applied online and had a reasoning test.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you had a task to complete but didn't have all of the tools needed at your disposal. How did you go about completeing the task?   View Answers (2)

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2010.

Here are the steps i had to take and will take (I am being interviewed this week):

1) Applied online and sent my CV
    2) Took two online tests: a Management Skills Test and an IQ Test
    3) Received a Call inviting me to take the presential tests, that consisted of an IQ Test (math ang logic) and an English Test. Both could be considered pretty hard.
    4) I received an e-mail congratulating me on my success and telling me to wait for the Interview to be scheduled.

Account Manager Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2010.

Interview was schedule 3 weeks out from the time I received an email. I spent tons of time researching the company, used our on-campus career center and conducted mock interviews, reached out to current employees and people in high ranked positions at other companies. I did an all around sweep to make sure I was fully prepared for the interview. Once interview time came I felt very confident in my ability to answer the interviewers questions and even was able to share a few laughs with her. Once the interiew was over I sent a thank you email to her just to ensure she wouldn't forget about our pleasant conversation. Was told it would take 2 weeks for someone to get back to me. After 2 weeks and a day of stressing, hoping to hear positive news, I sent an email asking for an update. The next day I was sent an email telling me they won't be continuing with the interviewing process. It was hard to grasp why so I emailed the interviewer asking for areas I could improve upon, never received a response.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you had a task to complete but didn't have all of the tools needed at your disposal. How did you go about completeing the task?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2008.

the first step was a resume scan to see if your resume possed the correct key words. if your resume was good then you were asked to complete the online survey indicating your successes and accomplishments, i was then asked to perform a 60min written test, folled by 2 panel interviews and a final 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you were facing a problem, what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    nothing

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2007.

You start with an on-line test. Expect questions about your highschool achevements and how you rate yourself, e.g. top 5%. Rate yourself highly to "pass" the test. If you pass the test you will be invited to the office for an assessment test which will focus on economics and language skills, since 2009 there is also an additional mathematics test.
    If succesful, you will have your first interview immediately after your assessment. The interview is about an hour long with 2 employees with different positions (and usually work experience) in e.g. Marketing or CBD.
    They will rate you on Procter&Ganmble's succes drivers - found on career site.
    If this is succesful you will be invited for a second round of interviews with top-management.
    Spend time looking at the webste and formulating your succes drivers, be ready to have at least 3 examples of every sub-part of the succes drivers.

Interview Questions
    Graduates are not able to negotiate - take it or leave it.