Procter & Gamble

Getting the Interview

50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Brand Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through school recruiting in October and was invited to take the Success Drivers Test online. A few days after, I was contacted for a 1 on 1 interview on-campus. The interview was a general behavioral interview strictly following the CAR (Context, Action, Result) format. The interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviewer writes down detailed notes about your responses in exactly CAR format. Therefore, it's crucial to answer in CAR. About 2 weeks after the interview, I received an email saying that my interview was positive and that they would provide an update on my status in 60 days. In mid-december, I received an e-mail saying that this opportunity was no longer available. False hopes?

Interview Question – None were specifically difficult. All were general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial online application - normal bio & experience stuff, followed by 2 assessments: one a skills driver and one a personality driver.

Pass the assessments and you'll have either a phone interview or an on-campus interview (the vast majority of hires are MBA or UG students) with a person in the function you are applying to, typically someone who also graduated from your university/college.

Interview process consists of behavioral questions designed to elicit responses showing your fit against P&G's 3 Success Drivers: Power of People, Power of Minds and Power of People. All interview responses are expected to be in the CAR format: circumstance or conflict, action you took, and results achieved.

Based upon performance in the first interview, top candidates are brought back to the General Office in Cincinnati for a second round interview and assessments. The assessments are pencil and paper versions similar to, but slightly more difficult than, the online assessments - calibrating reasoning and analytical skills. The final interview is a panel interview with Associate Marketing Directors - with the same Behavioral question structure and topics (Success Drivers).

A Majority of applicants hired come through the company's intern program, which recruits 1st year MBA candidates from top schools across the country.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation. The starting salary was the most competitive offer I received out of undergrad by ~$10K

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Several online test, and several interview with HR person

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got better offer

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – 1 exam online, 1 call , 1 numerical test, 2 interviews

Interview Question – 8 times the same question:Tell me about a time you have successfully led a team in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

Interview Details – i was an out of state candidate who applied online to P&G
-filled out online application
-did the reasoning online test
-did the personality profile
-did 2 phone interviews
-got invited to do a face to face
-took the infamous P&G(MAT) test. wasn't too bad
-also took a wonderlic (i THINK, can't recall 100%)
-interviewed with 4 people and it included lunch

Interview Question – all behavior based   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2009.

Interview Details – Was straight forward behavioral interview. First round was 2 people final round was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you received data from multiple sources, research, client, focus groups, etc and had to bring it together and analyze it.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time when you were in a leadership position and had to implement a strategy or change, how did you do it and did you succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary somewhat. Honestly though its a great place to work at and even if you dont start with the max salary you will get enough raises that you will pretty much catch up with everyone else.

Cincinnati, OH

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2008.

Interview Details – HR was not organized and made several attempts at scheduling the interviews. The interviewers were great and asked only behavioral questions about leadership.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – P&G does not negotiate on anything-salary, vacation, signing bonus, etc.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2008.

Interview Details – Very cumbersome process. It started on-line with an application, then an on-line test and on-campus interview. The sent us to the HQs to learn about the Company and interview more that 5 times. Then HR called me for more questions and finally I was in.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No chances for negotiation whatsoever. They actually told me that I had 3 days to accept.

Cincinnati, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is, like most things at P&G, a well-defined process. First, you must apply online at pg.com. Secondly, you will receive a link to an online assessment which you MUST pass in order to proceed in the interview process. The questions are behavioral-based, and there's really no way to cheat it or beat it, so just be honest.

After the online assessment, you sort of enter the black hole. If you know someone at P&G, it's really good to make that contact so your file can get to the attention of an HR recruiter. Pending your score on the online assessment, you will have a telephone interview with HR, which will be all behavior-based (tell me about a time you led a team, etc.). Answering in the Context-Action-Result format is imperative - you won't move forward if you don't respond in this fashion. It's perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) to use examples from work, school, and community functions.

Pending that interview, you will then be invited to an onsite interview where you will typically meet with three or four marketers from various levels. Interviews are typically two on one and, like the HR interview, will be behavioral. Additionally, you MUST use the Context-Action-Result format. Have quantifiable results, and display a passion for winning.

You should receive feedback within a few days - if you make it to the final rounds, you're almost there!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to lead a team that was charged with undertaking an unpopular task. How did you manage the team and what was the end result? (And tell me another, and another)   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone with a background different than your own. How did that work out? (Hint: Diversity is not limited to race - think gender in male/female dominated roles, diversity of educational background, diversity of thought, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is typically little negotiation. The base salary is typically a few thousand above General Mills and Johnson & Johnson MBA salaries, and the bonus is quite generous. If you qualify, there is a solid relocation program.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very big emphasis on IQ. Have to take three tests - the first two of which are online. The third is a timed, in person test that emphasizes both speed and reasoning (think fill in the bubble, number two pencil stuff). The interview itself relies a lot on understanding your past experience and your fit within the organization. HR was a pain afterwards. I was informed that I didn't make it only to be told twice later that I did make it. Very confusing.

Interview Question – HOw have you dealt with conflict at work?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ With the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Assistant Brand Manager interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.