Procter & Gamble Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

54 interviews

3.6

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Everything was extremely professional. Regular follow ups were there. I had not only a rep in HR but another ABM who was a chaser to ensure that everything went well and to address any questions or concerns I had regarding Cincinnati, the role, the brand, etc. The questions were all behavioral and expected, grounded in the company's success drivers, which are readily available. Make sure that you have scenarios that highlight your skills sets along these vectors.

Interview Questions
  • None were difficult or unexpected - with the right preparation, i.e., knowing the success drivers and applying your life experience to them!   Answer Question
No negotiations but the offer was very competitive in all regards so I didn't feel a need to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Applied online through school recruiting in October and was invited to take the Success Drivers Test online. A few days after, I was contacted for a 1 on 1 interview on-campus. The interview was a general behavioral interview strictly following the CAR (Context, Action, Result) format. The interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviewer writes down detailed notes about your responses in exactly CAR format. Therefore, it's crucial to answer in CAR. About 2 weeks after the interview, I received an email saying that my interview was positive and that they would provide an update on my status in 60 days. In mid-december, I received an e-mail saying that this opportunity was no longer available. False hopes?

Interview Questions
    • None were specifically difficult. All were general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

Initial online application - normal bio & experience stuff, followed by 2 assessments: one a skills driver and one a personality driver.

Pass the assessments and you'll have either a phone interview or an on-campus interview (the vast majority of hires are MBA or UG students) with a person in the function you are applying to, typically someone who also graduated from your university/college.

Interview process consists of behavioral questions designed to elicit responses showing your fit against P&G's 3 Success Drivers: Power of People, Power of Minds and Power of People. All interview responses are expected to be in the CAR format: circumstance or conflict, action you took, and results achieved.

Based upon performance in the first interview, top candidates are brought back to the General Office in Cincinnati for a second round interview and assessments. The assessments are pencil and paper versions similar to, but slightly more difficult than, the online assessments - calibrating reasoning and analytical skills. The final interview is a panel interview with Associate Marketing Directors - with the same Behavioral question structure and topics (Success Drivers).

A Majority of applicants hired come through the company's intern program, which recruits 1st year MBA candidates from top schools across the country.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?"   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. The starting salary was the most competitive offer I received out of undergrad by ~$10K

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Several online test, and several interview with HR person

I got better offer

1 exam online, 1 call , 1 numerical test, 2 interviews

Interview Questions
    • 8 times the same question:Tell me about a time you have successfully led a team in the past.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

i was an out of state candidate who applied online to P&G
    -filled out online application
    -did the reasoning online test
    -did the personality profile
    -did 2 phone interviews
    -got invited to do a face to face
    -took the infamous P&G(MAT) test. wasn't too bad
    -also took a wonderlic (i THINK, can't recall 100%)
    -interviewed with 4 people and it included lunch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2009.

Was straight forward behavioral interview. First round was 2 people final round was a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you received data from multiple sources, research, client, focus groups, etc and had to bring it together and analyze it.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you were in a leadership position and had to implement a strategy or change, how did you do it and did you succeed?   Answer Question
    Salary somewhat. Honestly though its a great place to work at and even if you dont start with the max salary you will get enough raises that you will pretty much catch up with everyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2008.

HR was not organized and made several attempts at scheduling the interviews. The interviewers were great and asked only behavioral questions about leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to influence managers above you   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a project didn't go your way.   Answer Question
    P&G does not negotiate on anything-salary, vacation, signing bonus, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2008.

Very cumbersome process. It started on-line with an application, then an on-line test and on-campus interview. The sent us to the HQs to learn about the Company and interview more that 5 times. Then HR called me for more questions and finally I was in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    No chances for negotiation whatsoever. They actually told me that I had 3 days to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2008.

The interview process is, like most things at P&G, a well-defined process. First, you must apply online at pg.com. Secondly, you will receive a link to an online assessment which you MUST pass in order to proceed in the interview process. The questions are behavioral-based, and there's really no way to cheat it or beat it, so just be honest.

After the online assessment, you sort of enter the black hole. If you know someone at P&G, it's really good to make that contact so your file can get to the attention of an HR recruiter. Pending your score on the online assessment, you will have a telephone interview with HR, which will be all behavior-based (tell me about a time you led a team, etc.). Answering in the Context-Action-Result format is imperative - you won't move forward if you don't respond in this fashion. It's perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) to use examples from work, school, and community functions.

Pending that interview, you will then be invited to an onsite interview where you will typically meet with three or four marketers from various levels. Interviews are typically two on one and, like the HR interview, will be behavioral. Additionally, you MUST use the Context-Action-Result format. Have quantifiable results, and display a passion for winning.

You should receive feedback within a few days - if you make it to the final rounds, you're almost there!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to lead a team that was charged with undertaking an unpopular task. How did you manage the team and what was the end result? (And tell me another, and another)   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone with a background different than your own. How did that work out? (Hint: Diversity is not limited to race - think gender in male/female dominated roles, diversity of educational background, diversity of thought, etc.)   Answer Question
    There is typically little negotiation. The base salary is typically a few thousand above General Mills and Johnson & Johnson MBA salaries, and the bonus is quite generous. If you qualify, there is a solid relocation program.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!