Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3.6

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

The interview process goes as follows: Online App, Short Online Reasoning Test, Round 1 Interview, Long Paper Reasoning Test, Final Round Interview

The process is not difficult, and pretty standard. Make sure you study for the test.

Interview Questions
  • The second round interview questions shift to be more specific   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

the interview process consisted of 2 reasoning tests and 2 interviews. After passing an online reasoning test (like the SAT format) and a behavioral phone interview i took a second hour long reasoning test at the headquarters and had a final round interview asking basic behavioral questions. The reasoning test was harder than the practice questions they provide but studying extensively for the reasoning tests is not necessary.

Interview Questions
    • finding the pattern in a seemingly random assortment of shapes   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

There were two initial phone interviews and two online tests. I then interviewed at the GO in Cincinnati and was hired a few weeks later. It was a fairly average length process, but can be very long depending on the time of year that you apply for the role.

It was fairly quick. The salary was higher than my previous salary so it was an easy decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Everything was extremely professional. Regular follow ups were there. I had not only a rep in HR but another ABM who was a chaser to ensure that everything went well and to address any questions or concerns I had regarding Cincinnati, the role, the brand, etc. The questions were all behavioral and expected, grounded in the company's success drivers, which are readily available. Make sure that you have scenarios that highlight your skills sets along these vectors.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult or unexpected - with the right preparation, i.e., knowing the success drivers and applying your life experience to them!   Answer Question
    No negotiations but the offer was very competitive in all regards so I didn't feel a need to negotiate.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2013.

P&G's interviews are 100% behavioral for both the first and final round interviews. The first round interview questions ask more open ended behavioral questionssuch as "tell me about a time you had to solve a problem with limited resources."The final round interview questions are also behavioral but ask for more specific answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a decision with limited information. How did you go about making the decision and explain your results.   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations for interships.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Applied online through school recruiting in October and was invited to take the Success Drivers Test online. A few days after, I was contacted for a 1 on 1 interview on-campus. The interview was a general behavioral interview strictly following the CAR (Context, Action, Result) format. The interview was about 30 minutes long, and the interviewer writes down detailed notes about your responses in exactly CAR format. Therefore, it's crucial to answer in CAR. About 2 weeks after the interview, I received an email saying that my interview was positive and that they would provide an update on my status in 60 days. In mid-december, I received an e-mail saying that this opportunity was no longer available. False hopes?

Interview Questions
    • None were specifically difficult. All were general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Several online test, and several interview with HR person

I got better offer

1 exam online, 1 call , 1 numerical test, 2 interviews

Interview Questions
    • 8 times the same question:Tell me about a time you have successfully led a team in the past.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

Initial online application - normal bio & experience stuff, followed by 2 assessments: one a skills driver and one a personality driver.

Pass the assessments and you'll have either a phone interview or an on-campus interview (the vast majority of hires are MBA or UG students) with a person in the function you are applying to, typically someone who also graduated from your university/college.

Interview process consists of behavioral questions designed to elicit responses showing your fit against P&G's 3 Success Drivers: Power of People, Power of Minds and Power of People. All interview responses are expected to be in the CAR format: circumstance or conflict, action you took, and results achieved.

Based upon performance in the first interview, top candidates are brought back to the General Office in Cincinnati for a second round interview and assessments. The assessments are pencil and paper versions similar to, but slightly more difficult than, the online assessments - calibrating reasoning and analytical skills. The final interview is a panel interview with Associate Marketing Directors - with the same Behavioral question structure and topics (Success Drivers).

A Majority of applicants hired come through the company's intern program, which recruits 1st year MBA candidates from top schools across the country.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?"   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. The starting salary was the most competitive offer I received out of undergrad by ~$10K

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

i was an out of state candidate who applied online to P&G
    -filled out online application
    -did the reasoning online test
    -did the personality profile
    -did 2 phone interviews
    -got invited to do a face to face
    -took the infamous P&G(MAT) test. wasn't too bad
    -also took a wonderlic (i THINK, can't recall 100%)
    -interviewed with 4 people and it included lunch