Procter & Gamble

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Branding Manager Interview

Associate Branding Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in July 2013.

Interview Details – Finish an online assessment test. Receive an email to schedule a phone call. Enter the second interview on site after passing the first one

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions!   View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Interview Details – Typical STAR behavior-based interview with each question starting with "tell me about a time". One aspect that was interesting, and borderline inappropriate, was the probing of my personal life as to whether I was married with children. The questions were on the familiar subjects about leading, process, difficult situation and co-worker, and success. The main interviewer seemed very disinterested and pre-occupied, which made it extremely difficult to connect. The panel lasted, maybe, a half-hour and the rest of the day consisted of meeting current ABMs, a test (the P&GMAT), and concluded with a very nice tour. The people seem very engaged in their jobs. It also appears that groups move very often, in terms of building geography. We got to see the famed boardroom, as well as the "museum". The environment felt comfortably conservative. There is clearly a cloud of tradition, but this seems tempered by youth and the winds of changing market dynamics and opportunities. The promote from within philosophy is and will be a challenge for mid-career professionals, or career-switchers with substantial work experience.

Interview Questions

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Supplemental Application to be filled out after online tests and interviews. Before actual interviews there will be another 1hr test at P&G.

Interview Question – Be concise with supplemental questions.   Answer Question

Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The method is behavioral interviews. I.e. you will be asked to give examples for various situations where you had to demonstrate leadership, collaborate, convince someone to do something, etc. There is also a reasoning test online - my tip is to do the practice questions. Many do not pass this one.

Interview Question – Could you give an example for a time you tried to convince a group to take a course of action and failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation as it was my first job, and the terms seemed very fair. They made an offer and I accepted.

Associate Brand Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – I have passed the paper test in P&G. The test seems like GMAT. But I didn't pass the first interview.

Interview Question – What difficulty you face in your workplace?   Answer Question

Bucuresti (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2008.

Interview Details – Written test and than 3 interviews with Brand Managers. You need to give examples from your past experience, even life situations that proves your character and your way of action.

Interview Question – Not really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave the oofer and I accepted

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – The interview process is rather straight forward. The application is followed by an invitation to take an online test (logic test and success drivers). There are many examples available on the net and although the test is not hard, it's advisable to spend a bit of tome going through examples of the logic/reasoning test and reading up on the success drivers. Same goes for the written test, which is not particularly hard, but one needs to be fast to be able to finish. I had 2 interviews, which were very pleasant and fully success driver based, no marketing questions. Answering questions with the CAR model (Context, Action, Result) is certainly appreciated .

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating salary as a new hire. I did however negotiate to change the location of my first assignment from their proposal to my preference.

Associate Brand Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2010.

Interview Details – I actually applied for a different position and got called for the ABM which was quite surprising, considering I'd applied for that before and got no response. I was directed to the online assessment , gave them the 'right' answers, moved to phone screen. I prepared my a** off, worked out, got moved to the next round, and she actually gave me feedback which was pretty nice of her. But I think I took her feedback too far and it ended up causing me the final offer (cos I asked for feedback from that and she told me where I fell short! arrgggghhh) I'm still trying to get over it. oh well. Also took reasoning test before interview.

The interview questions were similar to phone screen but with a slight twist (which I was unprepared for) so I had to change some of my stories.

All in all, quickest interview experience ever (right after IB or consulting).

(Can I rate interview easy even if I didn't get the job? I mean I think it was....no grilling of any kind, I was actually quite relaxed....)

Interview Questions

• Not difficult or unexpected...but here's what I remembered:
    Tell me about a difficult/complex project that you led, and the outcome
      Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and group members didn't get along   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2009.

Interview Details – First online test on managerial skills, then IQ test in the office - easy one, further 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews, first two with Brand managers, last one with marketing director. All of them asked the same questions, it was behaviour based interview.

E.g. Tell when in your life you had to use analysis to solve a problem, tell me how was the process like and what was the outcome

Interview Question – Describe when you were leading a group of people. Purpose, result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you are offered a package, either accept or refuse, that is it.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!