Procter & Gamble

Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Brand Manager Interview

.- Hiring process is long and slow. Be patience.
.- includes tests and several interviews, including panel with 2 or 3 managers at the same time.
.- Be ready to answer why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
  • .- It needs to be clear what were the specific contributions on each accomplishment.   Answer Question
is a big company with standard processes and salary bands, there is not much to negotiate, but it never hurts to go as high as you can.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Brand Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

P&G follows couple of hiring processes worldwide and just hire people at entry level.
    One way of recruiting is to do special programs with Universities (either joining job fairs or exclusive events) to detect top students and then follows two exams (a reasoning test and a psychometric one). If scores on both tests are above target, they proceed with an screening interview and then into a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will find all kind of tough questions either related to hypothetical business cases or your own examples. The objective of the questions is to find specific examples of your leadership capabilities and how do you manage complex situations   Answer Question
    I enter as intern with a very good pay in a part time job. In fact there was no negotiation. I just accept the position.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

A) Hires Typically from Top B-schools in India. For Marketing typical hunting grounds are IIM-A/B/C
    B) Interview process typically involves following:
    a) an Aptitude Test (should be very easy for someone who has cleared CAT)
    b) Psychometric Test
    c) Online Application along with Submission of CV
    d) if a person makes through above 3, then 2-3 rounds of interview on campus.

C) Interview Questions: P&G does not ask technical/functional questions in Interview. Its a Personal Interview with focus on understanding the person better from her/his life experiences. Examples are sought to understand how strong is a person on internally identified core success drivers.
    note: P&G has identified set of strengths which prove to be success driver basis success of its own employees over 175 years. So the the strengths on which a candidate is evaluated is typically remains the same for evaluation even when inside the company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not difficult to answer as long as person is being true and can provide enough examples for a situation/question being posed.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Mostly behavioral questions. We look for people who is a leader, passionate, competitive but also has high sense of moral. P&G also looks for people who will help others grow in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer: What's your hobby?
      My answer: baking
      Interviewer: Please tell me business plan and payout period if i would like to open a bakery

Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Behavioral based questions used to determine power of mind, people, agility.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you changed management's opinion.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

A strange interview process. I was written and given an set of times to choose from, and told to complete an online test. Upon selecting the time, my interview took place at a University? Seems they wanted to just fit me into their recruitment schedule...
    Fine interview, interviewers were very stoic, not an easy crowd to get a smile out of.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do something you didn't want to do.   View Answer

Seemed like a very hierarchical company, very by the book. Not interested in working at places that seem afraid of change.

Brand Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

The interview process started with a phone interview (it was supposed to be in person, but weather caused transportation issues for the interviewers). The questions were all behavioral/fit questions -- tell me about a time when ... etc. etc.

The second part of the interview was a test - much like the GMAT but with spacial orientation, IQ sort of stuff.

The third round of the interview was another phone interview with more behavioral questions and specific questions about brands I liked, why they work well, advertising campaigns that are successful etc.

I did not receive the offer (probably because at the end of the day I'm not that committed to brand management and was shaky on my brand knowledge).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you led a team through a crisis?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you persuaded someone to do something?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

Very through process. I went through 4 interviews, an IQ test, a phone interview and and online test! The interviews all run through the same overall flow, but it gets more "loose" as you get closer to top-management. Overall it was a quite frustrating process, since the interviews ran for over 2 months and I only got very little feedback along the way - and when my application was denied at the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a personal challenge that you have overcome   Answer Question
    • Explain a few situations when you have taken leadership of a group   Answer Question