Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – A) Hires Typically from Top B-schools in India. For Marketing typical hunting grounds are IIM-A/B/C
B) Interview process typically involves following:
a) an Aptitude Test (should be very easy for someone who has cleared CAT)
b) Psychometric Test
c) Online Application along with Submission of CV
d) if a person makes through above 3, then 2-3 rounds of interview on campus.

C) Interview Questions: P&G does not ask technical/functional questions in Interview. Its a Personal Interview with focus on understanding the person better from her/his life experiences. Examples are sought to understand how strong is a person on internally identified core success drivers.
note: P&G has identified set of strengths which prove to be success driver basis success of its own employees over 175 years. So the the strengths on which a candidate is evaluated is typically remains the same for evaluation even when inside the company.

Interview Question – Questions are not difficult to answer as long as person is being true and can provide enough examples for a situation/question being posed.   Answer Question

Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions. We look for people who is a leader, passionate, competitive but also has high sense of moral. P&G also looks for people who will help others grow in the company.

Interview Question – Interviewer: What's your hobby?
My answer: baking
Interviewer: Please tell me business plan and payout period if i would like to open a bakery
  Answer Question

Brand Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

Interview Details – A strange interview process. I was written and given an set of times to choose from, and told to complete an online test. Upon selecting the time, my interview took place at a University? Seems they wanted to just fit me into their recruitment schedule...
Fine interview, interviewers were very stoic, not an easy crowd to get a smile out of.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to do something you didn't want to do.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Seemed like a very hierarchical company, very by the book. Not interested in working at places that seem afraid of change.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Behavioral based questions used to determine power of mind, people, agility.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you changed management's opinion.   Answer Question

Brand Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview (it was supposed to be in person, but weather caused transportation issues for the interviewers). The questions were all behavioral/fit questions -- tell me about a time when ... etc. etc.

The second part of the interview was a test - much like the GMAT but with spacial orientation, IQ sort of stuff.

The third round of the interview was another phone interview with more behavioral questions and specific questions about brands I liked, why they work well, advertising campaigns that are successful etc.

I did not receive the offer (probably because at the end of the day I'm not that committed to brand management and was shaky on my brand knowledge).

Interview Questions

Brand Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very through process. I went through 4 interviews, an IQ test, a phone interview and and online test! The interviews all run through the same overall flow, but it gets more "loose" as you get closer to top-management. Overall it was a quite frustrating process, since the interviews ran for over 2 months and I only got very little feedback along the way - and when my application was denied at the final interview.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Brand Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.