Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

CBD Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online and completed two online assessments (one computer-adaptive IQ test and one non-cognitive personality assessment). A manager at P&G emailed me approximately one week later to schedule a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, I was invited for a site visit. During the site visit, I completed another IQ assessment, along with an in-person interview.

Both interviews the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result) and included questions such as "Describe a time when you've had to manage a team" . Each interview lasted approximately 1 hr. All interviewers were very personable and made me feel at ease.

Overall, the process was rigorous and time-consuming, but very well-structured.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you've had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Once I applied it took a few weeks to here if I would have the initial interview. Once I received a time I waited about two weeks until my phone interview. After conducting that interview I had to wait two months before hearing back.

Interview Question – They want to know a lot of what happened and what did you do situations so be planned and prepared.   Answer Question

Interview Details – 1a. Submit Resume
1b. Online Tests
2. If you pass the 1a and 1b, phone interview.
3. If you pass 2, Intern conference. Panel interviews and additional testing

Interview Question – Nothing. Just know your resume inside and out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Phone interview followed with a trip to Cinci to interview. There we took a logic test, interviewed with two employees, and toured. I enjoyed the two days there, it was pretty obvious everyone who worked there adored P&G. They give you 7k and a company car for the summer, which is definitely nice.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had limited resources to work with
Tell me about a time when you had a short term goal
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Through campus recruitment - 1st interview and test. Then second interview at their head office.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped/mentored someone and how do you know that you actually helped?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Initial online assessment, followed by screening interview with two individuals and a longer paper assessment, followed by a final panel interview of two people.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you came up with a recommendation based on complex data.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had to do an initial online personality assessment showcasing leadership and interpersonal skills followed by an IQ test (don't underestimate this). Didn't get a confirmation email so I called them and they told me I passed and to come in for a written test (easy). Had first interview about very basic interpersonal issues (e.g. how do you reach a goal, how did you diffuse a situation, are you a leader). Passed and had second interview with department uppers. Questions were related to resume and more interpersonal issues (you can find these in other reviews). Provide experiences to demonstrate you are a responsible, driven team player and leader. Got an offer but it failed to happen because mentor became busy.

Interview Question – None. All questions were fit, behavioral questions you can easily practice for.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Was informed of the position through my school's career website. Submitted my application on P&G's website which included an IQ test, a behavioral response test, resume, cover letter, etc. Was emailed a few weeks later to set up a 45 minute phone interview. The interview involved all behavioral questions. P&G's recruiter was extremely friendly and helpful in answering any questions I had about the position and company. Was emailed a few weeks later inviting me to the CBD conference.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you effectively developed a solution to a problem by combining different perspectives or approaches.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

Interview Details – University emailed me about a recruiting event, went and was offered an interview. Interview was late in the season so the process was sped up more than usual. Only had one interview with two senior managers consisting of generic "Tell us about a time when.." questions. Skills/IQ test was easy with elementary math and basic morality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle in a group setting?   View Answer
  • Tell us about a time when you had to teach something?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as I was happy to receive the offer but have heard that a returning intern was able to negotiate a 2000$/month raise.

Very Difficult Interview

CBD Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was originally recruited at a college career fair in November and had a 1:1 interview that consisted of behavioral questions. Then in about January I got a call from a different department asking for a phone interview. I had another 1:1 interview but this time over the phone, which consisted of a few behavioral questions as well as getting to know me a bit.

From here about 2 weeks later I got a call and was invited to Cincinnati for a final interview. In Cincinnati, I took a logic/reasoning test that was fairly difficult. Then I had a panel interview with 2 managers, this interview was about an hour long and was 90% behavioral questions.

Finally, I received an offer a day later! Overall, a very positive experience but very touch and selective. P&G is incredibly selective so make sure to stand out in your interview!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a deadline?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This position was for an internship so I did not negotiate the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble CBD Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.