Procter & Gamble CMK Associate Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CMK Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2011.

The online test is the first step - simple and obvious how to answer. Then a phone interview with HR followed by someone ~ 6-15 years experience. P&G has a very specific and consistent interviewing process and anyone who interviews must participate in formal training before doing so. Next up - an in-person 'timed' test similar to the GMAT or GRE, in a room with someone supervising. From what I hear, many have failed this test and if one fails, it an automatic 'no'. However, when I interviewed they said 'since we have significant gaps right now, we will consider waiving the test for people who do well in all other regards'. The test usually happens on the same day as the panel interview. The panel inteview will be with 3 CMK managers - they are usually all band 3 or a mix of band 3 and 4. A 'band 3' Senior CMK manager at P&G usually has 6-10 years of experience. It's the level right before assoc. director. Expect a group of young, well trained, articulate and enthusiastic people. Very pleasant, very positivie about their P&G experience. All interviews follow the "CAR" approach (context, action, results). This is not a laid back conversation. It's Q&A and they are looking for specific examples following this method. Depending on who you get, it can feel very canned or conversational. The latter depends on the person.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were able to secure someone’s agreement to an idea or proposal, despite their initial resistance.   Answer Question
No, P&G will not negotiate for the marketing or marketing research functions. This is unlike any other company you'll encounter. They are very committed to their promote-from-within philosophy. The majority of new hires are new-grad or post MBA.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Associate Manager-CMK Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2010.

On campus recruiting
    First round: problem-solving test
    Second round: interview - behavioural questions: tell us a time when...teamwork, creativity, leadership, persuasion, problem-solving.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you need to adjust yourself professionally and personally?   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!