Procter & Gamble

Procter & Gamble Customer Business Development Intern Interview Questions

3.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied through college career website and within a week received a phone interview. I had a friend who had worked there in the past so knew somewhat what to expect. For the questions about me, they asked about what I was proud of, a difficult team situation and how you solved that, and other standard things. My friend told me that they would also ask about a company whose marketing strategy I admire, which they did. Be ready for that one and to explain why in a detailed and thoughtful way

Interview Questions
  • They also asked about a company you think has a strong marketing strategy and to describe why   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

Applied online (basic resume, cognitive assessment, etc) and was contacted for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted nearly 2 hours (though it was supposed to be only 45 minutes) and was a behavioral interview. Interviewer was very comfortable and natural. Asked me to answer questions using the CAR method (Context, Action, Results) and allowed me to take my time when responding. The reason the interview took so long was because he would often ask secondary questions to get more out of my initial response. At the end he even emailed me a link to P&G's interviewing tips/guidelines page and offered his assistance to review my first interview later on to help me prepare for my on-site interview if I was called back for one. After being called back for an on-site interview, I was able to speak with my initial phone interviewer to review opportunities for improvement from my first interview, which was extremely helpful and definitely made the on-site interview less intimidating.

On-site interview (as part of the CBD Intern Conference at HQ):
    On-site interview was with 2 current employees in the CBD function. Lasted about 20 minutes and was very laid-back. They seemed to have access to the responses from my first interview and bounced questions off of that (and off of each other). Was not very repetitive of the phone interview. My impression was that the phone-interview was where they really made cuts whereas the on-site interview was more of just making sure the applicant is socially competent and can be relatable, professional, and personable. Interview was followed by a math competence test.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to challenge someone who had authority over you (not exact wording, but more or less the same idea)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2008.

I first applied online, then received an invitation to take the "Skills Assessment" test. In a few days, I received a call about the upcoming "Screening Interview" which consisted primarily of 3 questions: tell me about a time when you demonstrated 1) "Power of Mind" 2) "Power of People" and 3) "Power of Agility".
    In about a week after the interview, I received an invitation to Cincinnati, Ohio for the final step of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a team, but were not a team leader. How did you handle a conflict?   View Answers (2)
    • Tell me when was the last time you had to learn smth and why?   View Answer

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Got through the initial screening and through to the first interview round. Interviewers were asking very detailed questions about whatever was on my resume. The interview wasn't in person, which made it difficult to hear exactly what they were saying at times, and vice versa. Both interviewers were pleasant and easy to talk to, and seemed to really enjoy working at P&G.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to research data and analyze it.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Attended info session on campus and spoke with many CBD managers. Application done online with online assessment tests which should be taken seriously as this is the first step that filters out majority. Career advisers are very helpful in helping you prepare! Prepare for global reasoning test by looking at P&G's site with their sample qs. They didn't share scores but I made it to the final interview held at headoffice (your interview score and test score are used to determine if you proceed to final round)

Final interview- lunch with a senior CBD manager and an interview with two CBD directors. Very similar questions to first round but the amount of detail they probe you for is to great extents. Left the interview with confused feeling because I couldn't connect with my interviewers which is a hit or miss. Another story that I was at a disadvantage for being interviewed over the phone and in person at their office which made communication a bit of an issue (from my perspective)

Received a rejection within two weeks. After following up for feedback they informed me that they wanted to see more evidence from my interview answers. All in all a great experience that allowed me to learn a lot about myself and the time in between each step lets you reflect on if working for P&G is right for you.

Entire process took well over a month but P&G really does invest time and resources into anyone they see with potential. All interview candidates were provided with opportunity to speak with managers over lunch, tour the office and get a nice taste of what it would be like to be a P&Ger. No idea how many were shortlisted for final round but know that if you've made it as far as final that they did see something- it's up to you to showcase your skills and strengths at every step but be yourself. The difference between a candidate hired and candidate at final round is really how well you connect with your interviewer given that the questions asked in first and second interview are highly similar and meant to be used to assess if they see you as a P&G fit (note that you should be highly prepared with many examples of all possible interview qs).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with conflicting data to make a recommendation/solution   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Initially I applied to the job on P & G's website by uploading my resume, cover letter, and answering 3 tests. I was then asked to do an in-person Reasoning Test on campus. Later that day I was informed that I would have an over the phone interview. This interview lasted 50 minutes and consisted of many behaviourial question such as "Tell me a time when you..."

After sometime I was informed that I did not make it to the next round.

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied through P&G's website/university career website--after taking a reasoning test online and a "drivers" test, I heard back within a few days that I had been accepted for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 1.5 hours and my interviewer and I really connected well--he asked 9 behavioral questions and went into great detail for each one. Make sure you're well prepared to answer with any situation. 2 weeks later I got an invitation to the final CBD intern weekend in Cincinnati, OH.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a time when you engaged with your environment and it paid off in a positive result.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2010.

I found out about the internship through a club moderator at my University. I was put on a list of interested candidates, and then went and submitted my resume online. Other candidates said there was an intensive IQ-type test that they had to do online as well; I took the test a year ago applying for a summer conference with them so my test results had been saved. I received an email the next day asking to set up a phone interview.

I phone interviewed with an account manager for a little over an hour. Most of the questions were pretty basic, "tell me about yourself", "why P&G", "tell me about a time when.."-- they're about 90% behavioral. I felt like I really connected with my interviewer, so we small-chatted a bit and I think that really let her see my personality.

A few weeks later the same interviewer emailed me asking to set up another short phone interview, about 30 minutes. I think this was because our first conversation was cut off and she didn't ask all of her required questions. They were more behavioral questions.

A few weeks later I received an email inviting me to a conference in Cincinnati. All expenses were paid. It is a two-day conference with applying interns from all over the country. First night is just dinner and presentations. Next morning is an IQ test, tour, and 2:1 interview with more account managers and people involved in CBD. The interview is just more behavioral and pretty basic questions. I got a call the next day and accepted.
    A

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you had to analyze a lot of data, create options, and how you chose your solution."   Answer Question
    • "Why Customer Business Development? (Sales)"   Answer Question
    There was none.