Procter & Gamble Customer Business Development Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

3.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Business Development Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish. The interview was all behavior based questions. I think I lost the job only because the other girl knew someone that worked there.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Customer Business Development Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Online application process is tedious but used appropriately. After you pass the online exam and submission a phone interview follows. Next is an in person interview and then a final "marathon" interview at P&G with 4 to 5 people lasting upwards of 6 hours. The whole process takes about 3 months.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

The intern interview process for CBD is three rounds - the first being an assessment and initial resume screen, the second is a phone interview, and third is a trip to headquarters in Cincinnati for a final assessment and panel interview. Unfortunately this company puts a LOT of emphasis on the assessment that they give you. The assessment tests tests your mathematical skills and logical reasoning. Part of the assessment contains shapes for you to identify as part of a pattern, while the logical section gives you passages to read and asks you to determine what the best answer is. This intern role is essentially a "sales" role. Therefore, you might expect the company to want to hear your verbal reasoning and communication skills, but that is not the case. The assessment takes place on paper - no form of communication or verbal reasoning skills necessary.

Before the third round interview I was very impressed with P&G. Now I'm not so sure. This corporate giant is slow moving and doesn't do a great job of making sure that everyone is on the same page. However, they did reiterate a number of times that you'll be moving a lot and you really don't have a say to where that will be.

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest short term adjustment you've had to make and how did you apply that to a long term adjustment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

I applied online in August and then in October got contacted about a phone interview which I had in November, which lasted about an hour, and then I got invited to a conference in Cincinnati. The first day they just tell you about the company and the second day you take a test and get interviewed (all behavioral) by 2 current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when others used you as a resource because of your expertise.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internships or starting full-time.

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in July 2011.

I went through 1 timed online test that involves English and Mathematics, symbols and pictorial representations, 1 repeat test at P&G office (timed) after I have passed the online one, attended 4 face-to-face interviews by different category CBD managers each time, and 1 field assessment at Carrefour Hypermarket (24hrs submission) - all in the span of 10 months from the start of my job application via the P&G career portal.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it is difficult when the 'language' used is uncommon. Misunderstanding or getting to the right response could be a challenge. For example, during my F2F interviews, there are some 'jargons' used by a couple of interviewers, and the requirements for the field assessment is to write a '1-pager', presenting my findings with the concept of 'start-continue-stop'. These (1-pager, start-stop-continue concepts) may be very common 'P&G' terms or practice, which I have to do some research online and asking around to better understand how to tackle correctly. In fact, after I joined, I realised the P&G preferred method for a 1-pager is to write with an inverted pyramid concept, with the recommendation as the opening paragraph vs as the conclusion.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

1 Screening test (Web based)
    1 Reasoning Test
    2 Interviews
       Interview focuses on behavioural and attitude qualities based on previous experiences. You can share your experiences during your work or college and high school. You can share any experience with your friends, colleague or family.

Interview Questions
    • Share your experience when you needed to make a decision very quickly with very little information   View Answer
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Customer Business Development Interview

The process is known and the questions can be found online the best recommendation is to practice for them. Focus on keeping your answers related to CAR (provide context, explain the action that you personally took and finally say the result of the project or activity).
    Again the best advice is to practice and read their website for the proctor and gamble drivers.

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I attended an information session about the customer business development position and subsequently applied online. I was invited for a first-round of interview, on campus. The interview was conducted by two individuals in CBD and consisted of basic behavioural interview questions that you can find online. The second interview was held at the P&G office and consisted of behavioural interview questions, in addition to a few more in-depth questions about me and my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were used as a resource because of your expertise.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2012.

Online application with follow up secondary assessment.

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

It was my first interview. I did three interviews and all were quite similar. The questions were on my extracurricular experiences. they wanted to check if there were leadership an teamworking in my mind.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation in which you were involved and how you were able to solve the problem   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!