Procter & Gamble

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Online application process is tedious but used appropriately. After you pass the online exam and submission a phone interview follows. Next is an in person interview and then a final "marathon" interview at P&G with 4 to 5 people lasting upwards of 6 hours. The whole process takes about 3 months.

Interview Question – The dreaded "mock sales call".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

Interview Details – The intern interview process for CBD is three rounds - the first being an assessment and initial resume screen, the second is a phone interview, and third is a trip to headquarters in Cincinnati for a final assessment and panel interview. Unfortunately this company puts a LOT of emphasis on the assessment that they give you. The assessment tests tests your mathematical skills and logical reasoning. Part of the assessment contains shapes for you to identify as part of a pattern, while the logical section gives you passages to read and asks you to determine what the best answer is. This intern role is essentially a "sales" role. Therefore, you might expect the company to want to hear your verbal reasoning and communication skills, but that is not the case. The assessment takes place on paper - no form of communication or verbal reasoning skills necessary.

Before the third round interview I was very impressed with P&G. Now I'm not so sure. This corporate giant is slow moving and doesn't do a great job of making sure that everyone is on the same page. However, they did reiterate a number of times that you'll be moving a lot and you really don't have a say to where that will be.

Interview Question – What's the biggest short term adjustment you've had to make and how did you apply that to a long term adjustment?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online in August and then in October got contacted about a phone interview which I had in November, which lasted about an hour, and then I got invited to a conference in Cincinnati. The first day they just tell you about the company and the second day you take a test and get interviewed (all behavioral) by 2 current employees.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when others used you as a resource because of your expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internships or starting full-time.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – I attended an information session about the customer business development position and subsequently applied online. I was invited for a first-round of interview, on campus. The interview was conducted by two individuals in CBD and consisted of basic behavioural interview questions that you can find online. The second interview was held at the P&G office and consisted of behavioural interview questions, in addition to a few more in-depth questions about me and my resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were used as a resource because of your expertise.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online application with follow up secondary assessment.

Interview Question – Strange way of assessing a person. Too many shapes   Answer Question

Rome (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was my first interview. I did three interviews and all were quite similar. The questions were on my extracurricular experiences. they wanted to check if there were leadership an teamworking in my mind.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation in which you were involved and how you were able to solve the problem   Answer Question

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2009.

Interview Details – First we are assessed by a set of IQ test to pass the preliminary round. We are then invited to a series of interview. First interview is a screening process, mostly questions on experiences in the college which denote a specific behavior. 2nd interview was a more copmprehensive interview, consist of panel interviewers. 3rd interview round is conducted by the user, which will then decide whether you are fit or not to the role or position offered.

Interview Question – Tell me your experience when you are leading a group of people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary, it is very structured and fair based on years of experience and ratings. Negotiation can be considered concerning location preference.

Customer Business Development
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2008.

Interview Details – - The first big filter is the Intelligence Test. This exam contains math problems (equations needed), reading comprehension, and graphics analysis. I recommend starting with the reading questions (they're the easier and your brain is still fresh for understanding). Leave the part that you consider more difficult for the last and do not spend more than 5 mins. in one question.

- After you pass the written exam, they put you through a 1:1 interview and through a panel interview. The trick is to have examples of accomplishments prepared (leadership, team work, creativity, proactivity and also failures, which you may turn into opportunities to improve) and to focus in a problem-action-result scheme.

- They consider important the "I did" attitude. It's important to feel the owner of your success...

- Have a little speech about yourself prepared in English

Interview Question – Describe an example of a situation in which you had to demonstrate leadership... what was the problem and how did you contributed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – - Salary is not negotiable for interns. It's the same for everyone, although it's based in the hours that you work per month (flexible)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ With the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Customer Business Development interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.