Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Business Development Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish. The interview was all behavior based questions. I think I lost the job only because the other girl knew someone that worked there.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Online application process is tedious but used appropriately. After you pass the online exam and submission a phone interview follows. Next is an in person interview and then a final "marathon" interview at P&G with 4 to 5 people lasting upwards of 6 hours. The whole process takes about 3 months.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

The intern interview process for CBD is three rounds - the first being an assessment and initial resume screen, the second is a phone interview, and third is a trip to headquarters in Cincinnati for a final assessment and panel interview. Unfortunately this company puts a LOT of emphasis on the assessment that they give you. The assessment tests tests your mathematical skills and logical reasoning. Part of the assessment contains shapes for you to identify as part of a pattern, while the logical section gives you passages to read and asks you to determine what the best answer is. This intern role is essentially a "sales" role. Therefore, you might expect the company to want to hear your verbal reasoning and communication skills, but that is not the case. The assessment takes place on paper - no form of communication or verbal reasoning skills necessary.

Before the third round interview I was very impressed with P&G. Now I'm not so sure. This corporate giant is slow moving and doesn't do a great job of making sure that everyone is on the same page. However, they did reiterate a number of times that you'll be moving a lot and you really don't have a say to where that will be.

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest short term adjustment you've had to make and how did you apply that to a long term adjustment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2012.

Logic Test was straightforward. Phone interview was very friendly and conversational.

At P&G HQ there was a very cult-like feel for everyone who worked there. Everyone seemed mindlessly in love with their job, which I suppose is great for job happiness. The final interview was pretty difficult, a couple curveball questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you lost something and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2011.

I applied online in August and then in October got contacted about a phone interview which I had in November, which lasted about an hour, and then I got invited to a conference in Cincinnati. The first day they just tell you about the company and the second day you take a test and get interviewed (all behavioral) by 2 current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when others used you as a resource because of your expertise.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internships or starting full-time.

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

One numerical/logical and one behavioural test,
    3 interviews with people from different departments,
    The country manager took part in the last interview.
    People were very calm and did not add any extra stress as usually did on other interviews as IBDs' ones

Not much space for negotiations

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Applied online, then immediately took a behaviour-based test followed by a pattern recognition test. Next step is an in-person interview followed by a more in depth written test. The final phase is a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you mentored a group of people. What was one beneficial thing you told them, and what was one disadvantageous thing you told them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Process took about 4 weeks
    Applied as a new grad online. You have to do an online assessment followed by a written assessment. Basic logic questions, math problems and written reasoning questions. Next is the first round interview on campus with younger people in the company. All behavioural questions (talk about a time sort of thing), pretty easy stuff. Moved on to second round interview at their Toronto office. Was taken out to lunch and received a tour of the office then had my interview with two senior members of the company. Very friendly people. Same routine as last time, but significantly more thorough, they asked several variations of the same question expecting different experiences for each one. Positive experience overall though.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you faced an issue that wasn't initially obvious. What did you do to get to the root of the problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

The process is known and the questions can be found online the best recommendation is to practice for them. Focus on keeping your answers related to CAR (provide context, explain the action that you personally took and finally say the result of the project or activity).
    Again the best advice is to practice and read their website for the proctor and gamble drivers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I attended an information session about the customer business development position and subsequently applied online. I was invited for a first-round of interview, on campus. The interview was conducted by two individuals in CBD and consisted of basic behavioural interview questions that you can find online. The second interview was held at the P&G office and consisted of behavioural interview questions, in addition to a few more in-depth questions about me and my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were used as a resource because of your expertise.   Answer Question