Procter & Gamble Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

3.4

Engineering Interview

Interview

Application process takes a fair amount of time. There are a couple of online tests at the end of the application. The first of these tests is behavioral based, and there are many questions. The next test is mathematically based, and basically asks you to find patterns between shapes and images. I was not offered an interview opportunity, and I believe I did fairly well on the mathematical test. It seems like they are looking for employees who fit a certain profile in terms of how the behavioral test questions are answered.

Interview Questions

• If an employee is doing (something against company policy), what should you do?

There are a few multiple choice questions like this and a few of the answers seem like they would be correct for each question, so it is difficult to choose an answer.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, attended pre-career fair dinner, talked with the company at the career fair, had an on-campus interview, and onsite interview. On-site interview consisted of a night before dinner with recent graduates from college, breakfast with the individual who interviewed you on campus, and an all day on-site with tours and various interviews. The most important step is to make connections with them prior to the career fair, since most of the selections were made at the pre-career fair dinner.

Interview Questions

• General "tell me about a time" questions and written test with various math, personality, and convergence tests.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was multiple rounds and met with both a technical and HR interviewer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I posted my resume on P&G's website, and within a week they got back to me saying that I had made it past the first screening step. The next step was taking a personality consisting of questions like "Do you feel that you are a better leader than most of your peers?" or "How many times in the last month have you demonstrated leadership?". Then I took a reasoning test which consisted of pattern completion involving various shapes and figures. It took approximately 2 weeks for a response upon completing both tests, but I did not get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed, what happened?   Answer Question
    • When under pressure, what are your methods of staying in control?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Took a personality test and basic reasoning test online. Was contact about a week later by recruiters inviting me to on-campus interview. Had a week to prepare for the interview. Basic C-A-R interview (Context-Action-Result). They emphasize in the interview that's how they would like the responses. Rather basic behavioural questions. All of them were "Tell me about a time when...." Make sure ahead of time you make mental note of several experiences where you had to make big decisions or were in a tough situation. Example: Tell me about a time you had to develop a unique solution to a problem. First interviews consist of 9 behavioral questions. Be sure to ask some well thought out and position oriented questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to come up with a unique solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied for Top Engineering Talent Recruiting Event TETRE program. and I processed for rounds of interviews until I was selected to the final interview in Cincinnati which ended by a full time offer. The hiring process is composed of online IQ exams and onsite (contracted office) to take a similar exam. then I phone interviews. then I was selected to the final round in OH.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Proctor and Gamble has an extensive interview process.
    1. First you apply online through their career website.
    2. After you apply you will be sent a link to fill out a Personality test that asks questions about how you feel about your leadership skills and how would you handle certain tasks. Along with the personality test is a reasoning test similar to an IQ test with reading comprehension problems, puzzles, etc.
    3. If you do well on the online tests they will ask you to take another reasoning test at one of their facilities. It is similar to the reasoning test taken online.
    4. If you do well on that then you may be given an interview, mine was over the phone. They generally ask you to give an example of a time that you did something such as overcoming a difficult problem, leading a group, using innovative thinking, etc.
    5. I was not given an internship but I was admitted to their TETRA program. It is a week long training program where they teach you about the company and have you go through thought exercises. During the week you are given an final interview by two people who ask you questions about your resume, experiences, etc. This was a chance to talk about exciting things that you have done.
    The TETRA program felt deceptive because at this point they are trying to impress the interviewee into joining the company, although they are not given an offer at that point. They spent a lot of money and treat you to many fancy dinners in order to convince you that this is the place to be.

Interview Questions

• How do you find an appropriate price to sell a product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

It's for the P&G engineering summer camp. First round interview was a 1 and half hour phone interview in March, including a behavioral part and technical part (which is still very general). After the first round interview, another assessment test was given, followed by a on-site 2:1 interview during the summer camp in August.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Gainesville, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

There was a career showcase, where you talk to recruiters and leave a resume. You're suppose to have applied online already, where there is a personality test and an intelligence test. Afterwards, you wait for the company to contact you. Upon contact, they set you up for on campus interviews, where you meet 1 on 1. If they still like you, they ask you to go to their company's headquarters, where they fly you in for a 2nd interview. There, you either get sent home or an offer.