Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – It was multiple rounds and met with both a technical and HR interviewer

Interview Question – How willing are you to relocate   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2008.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, problem solving test.

Interview Question – Greatest weakness   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2010.

Interview Details – There was a career showcase, where you talk to recruiters and leave a resume. You're suppose to have applied online already, where there is a personality test and an intelligence test. Afterwards, you wait for the company to contact you. Upon contact, they set you up for on campus interviews, where you meet 1 on 1. If they still like you, they ask you to go to their company's headquarters, where they fly you in for a 2nd interview. There, you either get sent home or an offer.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2012.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on P&G's website, and within a week they got back to me saying that I had made it past the first screening step. The next step was taking a personality consisting of questions like "Do you feel that you are a better leader than most of your peers?" or "How many times in the last month have you demonstrated leadership?". Then I took a reasoning test which consisted of pattern completion involving various shapes and figures. It took approximately 2 weeks for a response upon completing both tests, but I did not get an interview.

Very Difficult Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Interview Details – Proctor and Gamble has an extensive interview process.
1. First you apply online through their career website.
2. After you apply you will be sent a link to fill out a Personality test that asks questions about how you feel about your leadership skills and how would you handle certain tasks. Along with the personality test is a reasoning test similar to an IQ test with reading comprehension problems, puzzles, etc.
3. If you do well on the online tests they will ask you to take another reasoning test at one of their facilities. It is similar to the reasoning test taken online.
4. If you do well on that then you may be given an interview, mine was over the phone. They generally ask you to give an example of a time that you did something such as overcoming a difficult problem, leading a group, using innovative thinking, etc.
5. I was not given an internship but I was admitted to their TETRA program. It is a week long training program where they teach you about the company and have you go through thought exercises. During the week you are given an final interview by two people who ask you questions about your resume, experiences, etc. This was a chance to talk about exciting things that you have done.
The TETRA program felt deceptive because at this point they are trying to impress the interviewee into joining the company, although they are not given an offer at that point. They spent a lot of money and treat you to many fancy dinners in order to convince you that this is the place to be.

Interview Question – How do you find an appropriate price to sell a product?   View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for Top Engineering Talent Recruiting Event TETRE program. and I processed for rounds of interviews until I was selected to the final interview in Cincinnati which ended by a full time offer. The hiring process is composed of online IQ exams and onsite (contracted office) to take a similar exam. then I phone interviews. then I was selected to the final round in OH.

Cincinnati, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2011.

Interview Details – Took a personality test and basic reasoning test online. Was contact about a week later by recruiters inviting me to on-campus interview. Had a week to prepare for the interview. Basic C-A-R interview (Context-Action-Result). They emphasize in the interview that's how they would like the responses. Rather basic behavioural questions. All of them were "Tell me about a time when...." Make sure ahead of time you make mental note of several experiences where you had to make big decisions or were in a tough situation. Example: Tell me about a time you had to develop a unique solution to a problem. First interviews consist of 9 behavioral questions. Be sure to ask some well thought out and position oriented questions at the end.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to come up with a unique solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

Interview Details – It's for the P&G engineering summer camp. First round interview was a 1 and half hour phone interview in March, including a behavioral part and technical part (which is still very general). After the first round interview, another assessment test was given, followed by a on-site 2:1 interview during the summer camp in August.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Engineer interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.