Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 14, 2014

3.4

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2011.

long onsite interview, 2 on 1 interview. Behavior questions. Group presentations, etc.

Interview Questions
  • describe a situation when you have to decide something   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Proctor and Gamble has an extensive interview process.
    1. First you apply online through their career website.
    2. After you apply you will be sent a link to fill out a Personality test that asks questions about how you feel about your leadership skills and how would you handle certain tasks. Along with the personality test is a reasoning test similar to an IQ test with reading comprehension problems, puzzles, etc.
    3. If you do well on the online tests they will ask you to take another reasoning test at one of their facilities. It is similar to the reasoning test taken online.
    4. If you do well on that then you may be given an interview, mine was over the phone. They generally ask you to give an example of a time that you did something such as overcoming a difficult problem, leading a group, using innovative thinking, etc.
    5. I was not given an internship but I was admitted to their TETRA program. It is a week long training program where they teach you about the company and have you go through thought exercises. During the week you are given an final interview by two people who ask you questions about your resume, experiences, etc. This was a chance to talk about exciting things that you have done.
    The TETRA program felt deceptive because at this point they are trying to impress the interviewee into joining the company, although they are not given an offer at that point. They spent a lot of money and treat you to many fancy dinners in order to convince you that this is the place to be.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find an appropriate price to sell a product?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2012.

I posted my resume on P&G's website, and within a week they got back to me saying that I had made it past the first screening step. The next step was taking a personality consisting of questions like "Do you feel that you are a better leader than most of your peers?" or "How many times in the last month have you demonstrated leadership?". Then I took a reasoning test which consisted of pattern completion involving various shapes and figures. It took approximately 2 weeks for a response upon completing both tests, but I did not get an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you failed, what happened?   Answer Question
    • When under pressure, what are your methods of staying in control?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2008.

3 interviews, problem solving test.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

1. online tests
    2. written tests (RT)
    3. on campus interview
    4. on site interview

Interview questions should be answered in the format of CAR (context, action and result). Most questions focus on leadership, problem solving, handling conflicts. It was all behavior-based questions and they were looking into details in the example you provided.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to solve a problem using conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to learn something new to achieve an important goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you overcame an obstacle to achieve someting siginificant.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time one of your friends did something amazing and you used his/her idea to complete someting important/significant.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you implemented a strategy to complete/lead a project.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2008.

Process took quite awhile. Started with phone interview then took another 2 months to find a 'spot' for me. When they hire R&D engineers it seems like they recruit to find a potential candidate then try and find a place for them. The department they placed me in was not the on I really wanted. I already had 3 years of process experience and this is the department I requested. Needless to say, I took the position because it got me in the door and I knew I could move about after a few years.

Interview Questions
    • Give me examples of when you demonstrated great leadership.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you managed a difficult employee or situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    No, I never negotiated because I was told they have pretty strict guidelines on offers.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

The online test portion of the hiring process was pretty straightforward (personality assessment and IQ test). I found the IQ test to be a little on the difficult side, and Im not sure how much they take the results of it into consideration. I am currently waiting to see how well I did.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2010.

reasoning test everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview process was long and tedious. I submitted resume and application online and the process began at that point. Within the week I was filling out personality surveys and answering questionaires. They keep you pretty upto speed with feedback. They are pretty basic surveys, no right or wrong answers just looking for the right type of person for their company. If you want to be selected to interview do a little research into the PG way and you can answer the questions accordingly.
    After all the surveys they contacted me for an actual interview. HR called and asked a lot of standard backround questions, then scheduled me to come to HQ for an interview. It is a very long interview. You will meet more people and be asked the same questions over and over. They do a good job of wining and dining you though, they sell the PG way very much the whole time. There was multiple 1 on 1 interviews and then also group and peer interviews during this process. Afterwards I got a job offer a litte over a week after the interview. The offered salary was a little above average, they wouldnt negotiate much though.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the person who did your peer interview?   Answer Question

I ended up turning the job offer down because I was really put off by the hard sell of the company. I work for money, dont really enjoy it, and everyone I talked to on this process pretty much identified themselves by their job. In hind sight I probably should have answered their surveys truthfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in July 2009.

Interview process is very hard and rigorous. The initial phone interview is already tough. The questions are many and detail. It took about 45min. The on-site interview took about whole day. Five interviewers are from different groups and departments. The questions from past experiences (good and bad), detailed technical questions (50+ questions), personality questions to test if I can fit in or not. It was exhausted day.

Interview Questions
    • What is your career goals in short term (1-3 yrs) and long term (5+ yrs)?   View Answer