Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer
Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The hiring process is split in 5 parts. First you need to make a quick test, with some math exercise, spacial and reading ability and some other stuffs... an example of the test is at the P&G web page. Then i had a first interview with HR, it lasted around 30 min, then another interview with the hiring team that was conformed by 3 technical experts... Finally i had the last interview with 2 of the 3 Section Head that work in my department.

Interview Question – I was request to speak part of the interview in English (The technical center is located in Venezuela). Also one question that never miss is the short and long term life plans.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – I was hired trough my university. I met recruiters at the annual job fair, filled out an online questionnaire/test and then went in for an interview. It was a standard "tell me about the things in your resume" interview with a few questions about values, "a time you worked in a team" and things like that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly standard, but make sure to do well in the online questionnaire/test because it seems many people do poorly and don't get past that stage of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was absolutely no room for negotiation, but at least the offer was good.

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had to apply online and take an IQ test. I passed that to have a 1:1 interview. The interviewer was very nice and made me want to work for the company. I would say that confidence is what they are looking for and you should really know your resume inside and out.

Interview Question – When did you fail?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2011.

Interview Details – long onsite interview, 2 on 1 interview. Behavior questions. Group presentations, etc.

Interview Question – describe a situation when you have to decide something   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1. online tests
2. written tests (RT)
3. on campus interview
4. on site interview

Interview questions should be answered in the format of CAR (context, action and result). Most questions focus on leadership, problem solving, handling conflicts. It was all behavior-based questions and they were looking into details in the example you provided.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to solve a problem using conflicting information.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you had to learn something new to achieve an important goal.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you overcame an obstacle to achieve someting siginificant.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time one of your friends did something amazing and you used his/her idea to complete someting important/significant.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you implemented a strategy to complete/lead a project.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was a career Fair. They were collecting resumes from people. I wanted an internship in my summer term but since I havent yet started on my research so I didnt know what kinda project I wanted to work on as the Intern would have made any sense only if I do it in my own research area.

Interview Questions

• How do you justify your fit for the position?   View Answer
  • What responsibilties do you think you will have to carry on ?   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2011.

Interview Details – They will ask you the classical eight p&g questions. the quesitons are not tough, but you should really know yourself. Some of the quesitons are like: what will you do in your uncomfortable zone? and after you answerd the question, they will chanllenge you about the details. Yes, you should really know your story very well and be fully prepared.

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and a later had a phone interview with someone from HR. Afterwards, I was asked to come in for a day visit. This consisted of tours, a panel interview and a reasoning test. The interview questions were all behavioral type. The phone interview and panel interview questions were similar. I was interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used leadership to complete a task.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you did not agree with someone's point of view and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, followed by a site visit in which various interviews take place during the day. Get to meet project team memebers and a tour of faciity.

Interview Question – What do you consider your weak areas?   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews, on completing the first interview successfully, you go to the next interview.
The following are some of the questions I was asked:
Why did you choose to study engineering?
where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Describe a situation where you had to train someone (in all 3 interviews)
describe a situation where you were a leader
describe a situation where you had to go with someone's else point of view (in 2 interviews)
tell me about your bachelor project

Interview Question – Why did you choose to pursue a male dominated career path?   Answer Question