Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 14, 2014

3.4

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Online application (2 quick tests to assure basic competence). Quick response to progress to interview in Cincinnati. Toured facilities and got the opportunity to speak with numerous individuals involved with the operations. Interviewed for 30 minutes or so by two people followed by a 30 minute talk with one of the newer engineers. Got an offer that day.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing particularly difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Had a better offer on the table, but was interested in seeing the industry

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process is split in 5 parts. First you need to make a quick test, with some math exercise, spacial and reading ability and some other stuffs... an example of the test is at the P&G web page. Then i had a first interview with HR, it lasted around 30 min, then another interview with the hiring team that was conformed by 3 technical experts... Finally i had the last interview with 2 of the 3 Section Head that work in my department.

Interview Questions
    • I was request to speak part of the interview in English (The technical center is located in Venezuela). Also one question that never miss is the short and long term life plans.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timişoara (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timişoara (Romania)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2012.

I got in contact with P&G by their activities on the University.

I first took a problem solving test, then a panel and one-to-one interview and was able to get a summer internship. The internship was successful and offer a position. I declined because I didn't want to relocate. They informed me that in near future, If I change my mind, I could resume from where we stopped.

Two years later I continued to pursue career at P&G and had additional interview with the plant manager. All went well, but in meanwhile they announced world-wide hiring freeze and the whole procedure had to be postponed for more than six months.

This summer we continue with the process, but this time we had to change the plant/country and I had additional one more (final) interview. After few weeks I go a positive answer and continue with the contract and now we are in the phase of "formalities" to get work/resident permits.

The final interviews are often lead by higher level managers, usually the department / plant manager and are focused on getting to know your character, leadership potential, team work and your enthusiasm for the work and P&G's values and vision. You just need to be natural and explain well and concise what they ask you, usually, what kind of challenges you experienced, projects you have been part of, or lead and how were the results. If something went wrong, could you specify the reason and how you think that it could be improved next time, what was the lesson you've learned.

It's something that you don't have to be stressed about, though it's a very critical point. Just be natural and be yourself, don't' act and "go with the flow." You don't want to get a "job" where you have to act and pretend all the time, it will be devastating!

All the BEST!

Interview Questions
    • What's your top (name two or three) strengths and weaknesses and illustrate them by real-time exemplars.   Answer Question
    With the newest development in the company, some of the benefits are cut down. I wanted to negotiation the starting package, but was refused.

Engineer Interview

I was hired trough my university. I met recruiters at the annual job fair, filled out an online questionnaire/test and then went in for an interview. It was a standard "tell me about the things in your resume" interview with a few questions about values, "a time you worked in a team" and things like that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly standard, but make sure to do well in the online questionnaire/test because it seems many people do poorly and don't get past that stage of the process.   Answer Question
    There was absolutely no room for negotiation, but at least the offer was good.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

1. online tests
    2. written tests (RT)
    3. on campus interview
    4. on site interview

Interview questions should be answered in the format of CAR (context, action and result). Most questions focus on leadership, problem solving, handling conflicts. It was all behavior-based questions and they were looking into details in the example you provided.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to solve a problem using conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to learn something new to achieve an important goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you overcame an obstacle to achieve someting siginificant.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time one of your friends did something amazing and you used his/her idea to complete someting important/significant.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you implemented a strategy to complete/lead a project.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

I had to apply online and take an IQ test. I passed that to have a 1:1 interview. The interviewer was very nice and made me want to work for the company. I would say that confidence is what they are looking for and you should really know your resume inside and out.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2011.

It was a career Fair. They were collecting resumes from people. I wanted an internship in my summer term but since I havent yet started on my research so I didnt know what kinda project I wanted to work on as the Intern would have made any sense only if I do it in my own research area.

Interview Questions
    • How do you justify your fit for the position?   View Answer
    • What responsibilties do you think you will have to carry on ?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2011.

long onsite interview, 2 on 1 interview. Behavior questions. Group presentations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation when you have to decide something   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

I had 3 interviews, on completing the first interview successfully, you go to the next interview.
    The following are some of the questions I was asked:
    Why did you choose to study engineering?
    where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Describe a situation where you had to train someone (in all 3 interviews)
    describe a situation where you were a leader
    describe a situation where you had to go with someone's else point of view (in 2 interviews)
    tell me about your bachelor project

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to pursue a male dominated career path?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2011.

I applied online and a later had a phone interview with someone from HR. Afterwards, I was asked to come in for a day visit. This consisted of tours, a panel interview and a reasoning test. The interview questions were all behavioral type. The phone interview and panel interview questions were similar. I was interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used leadership to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did not agree with someone's point of view and how you handled it.   Answer Question