Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Interview Details – Proctor and Gamble has an extensive interview process.
1. First you apply online through their career website.
2. After you apply you will be sent a link to fill out a Personality test that asks questions about how you feel about your leadership skills and how would you handle certain tasks. Along with the personality test is a reasoning test similar to an IQ test with reading comprehension problems, puzzles, etc.
3. If you do well on the online tests they will ask you to take another reasoning test at one of their facilities. It is similar to the reasoning test taken online.
4. If you do well on that then you may be given an interview, mine was over the phone. They generally ask you to give an example of a time that you did something such as overcoming a difficult problem, leading a group, using innovative thinking, etc.
5. I was not given an internship but I was admitted to their TETRA program. It is a week long training program where they teach you about the company and have you go through thought exercises. During the week you are given an final interview by two people who ask you questions about your resume, experiences, etc. This was a chance to talk about exciting things that you have done.
The TETRA program felt deceptive because at this point they are trying to impress the interviewee into joining the company, although they are not given an offer at that point. They spent a lot of money and treat you to many fancy dinners in order to convince you that this is the place to be.

Interview Question – How do you find an appropriate price to sell a product?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2011.

Interview Details – long onsite interview, 2 on 1 interview. Behavior questions. Group presentations, etc.

Interview Question – describe a situation when you have to decide something   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2012.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on P&G's website, and within a week they got back to me saying that I had made it past the first screening step. The next step was taking a personality consisting of questions like "Do you feel that you are a better leader than most of your peers?" or "How many times in the last month have you demonstrated leadership?". Then I took a reasoning test which consisted of pattern completion involving various shapes and figures. It took approximately 2 weeks for a response upon completing both tests, but I did not get an interview.

Interview Questions

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online where I completed standard questions about different situations and completed my CV. I then did a logic test online with different numerical and spatial awareness questions. I was invited to come in for an assessment day in their offices in Surrey as I live in London. There we were given further competancies tests similar to the online ones.
I was then invited to have 2 interviews at their engineering department in Brussels which I was applying to. The questions followed the standard P&G model and were quite straight forward.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you led a group of people from varied backgrounds that did not work well together, and what you did to make sure that you succeeded as a team.   View Answer

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2010.

Interview Details – reasoning test everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Question – what would happen if i gave you 5000 000 USD   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, followed by a site visit in which various interviews take place during the day. Get to meet project team memebers and a tour of faciity.

Interview Question – What do you consider your weak areas?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1. online tests
2. written tests (RT)
3. on campus interview
4. on site interview

Interview questions should be answered in the format of CAR (context, action and result). Most questions focus on leadership, problem solving, handling conflicts. It was all behavior-based questions and they were looking into details in the example you provided.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to solve a problem using conflicting information.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you had to learn something new to achieve an important goal.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you overcame an obstacle to achieve someting siginificant.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time one of your friends did something amazing and you used his/her idea to complete someting important/significant.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you implemented a strategy to complete/lead a project.   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was long and tedious. I submitted resume and application online and the process began at that point. Within the week I was filling out personality surveys and answering questionaires. They keep you pretty upto speed with feedback. They are pretty basic surveys, no right or wrong answers just looking for the right type of person for their company. If you want to be selected to interview do a little research into the PG way and you can answer the questions accordingly.
After all the surveys they contacted me for an actual interview. HR called and asked a lot of standard backround questions, then scheduled me to come to HQ for an interview. It is a very long interview. You will meet more people and be asked the same questions over and over. They do a good job of wining and dining you though, they sell the PG way very much the whole time. There was multiple 1 on 1 interviews and then also group and peer interviews during this process. Afterwards I got a job offer a litte over a week after the interview. The offered salary was a little above average, they wouldnt negotiate much though.

Interview Question – How would you describe the person who did your peer interview?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I ended up turning the job offer down because I was really put off by the hard sell of the company. I work for money, dont really enjoy it, and everyone I talked to on this process pretty much identified themselves by their job. In hind sight I probably should have answered their surveys truthfully.

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details – The online test portion of the hiring process was pretty straightforward (personality assessment and IQ test). I found the IQ test to be a little on the difficult side, and Im not sure how much they take the results of it into consideration. I am currently waiting to see how well I did.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you led a team.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!