Procter & Gamble

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – It was multiple rounds and met with both a technical and HR interviewer

Interview Question – How willing are you to relocate   Answer Question

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interview

Interview Question – Why are you interested in PG   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Online application (2 quick tests to assure basic competence). Quick response to progress to interview in Cincinnati. Toured facilities and got the opportunity to speak with numerous individuals involved with the operations. Interviewed for 30 minutes or so by two people followed by a 30 minute talk with one of the newer engineers. Got an offer that day.

Interview Question – There was nothing particularly difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer on the table, but was interested in seeing the industry

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2008.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, problem solving test.

Interview Question – Greatest weakness   Answer Question

Timişoara (Romania)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2012.

Interview Details – I got in contact with P&G by their activities on the University.

I first took a problem solving test, then a panel and one-to-one interview and was able to get a summer internship. The internship was successful and offer a position. I declined because I didn't want to relocate. They informed me that in near future, If I change my mind, I could resume from where we stopped.

Two years later I continued to pursue career at P&G and had additional interview with the plant manager. All went well, but in meanwhile they announced world-wide hiring freeze and the whole procedure had to be postponed for more than six months.

This summer we continue with the process, but this time we had to change the plant/country and I had additional one more (final) interview. After few weeks I go a positive answer and continue with the contract and now we are in the phase of "formalities" to get work/resident permits.

The final interviews are often lead by higher level managers, usually the department / plant manager and are focused on getting to know your character, leadership potential, team work and your enthusiasm for the work and P&G's values and vision. You just need to be natural and explain well and concise what they ask you, usually, what kind of challenges you experienced, projects you have been part of, or lead and how were the results. If something went wrong, could you specify the reason and how you think that it could be improved next time, what was the lesson you've learned.

It's something that you don't have to be stressed about, though it's a very critical point. Just be natural and be yourself, don't' act and "go with the flow." You don't want to get a "job" where you have to act and pretend all the time, it will be devastating!

All the BEST!

Interview Question – What's your top (name two or three) strengths and weaknesses and illustrate them by real-time exemplars.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With the newest development in the company, some of the benefits are cut down. I wanted to negotiation the starting package, but was refused.

Engineer
Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The hiring process is split in 5 parts. First you need to make a quick test, with some math exercise, spacial and reading ability and some other stuffs... an example of the test is at the P&G web page. Then i had a first interview with HR, it lasted around 30 min, then another interview with the hiring team that was conformed by 3 technical experts... Finally i had the last interview with 2 of the 3 Section Head that work in my department.

Interview Question – I was request to speak part of the interview in English (The technical center is located in Venezuela). Also one question that never miss is the short and long term life plans.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – I was hired trough my university. I met recruiters at the annual job fair, filled out an online questionnaire/test and then went in for an interview. It was a standard "tell me about the things in your resume" interview with a few questions about values, "a time you worked in a team" and things like that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly standard, but make sure to do well in the online questionnaire/test because it seems many people do poorly and don't get past that stage of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was absolutely no room for negotiation, but at least the offer was good.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2010.

Interview Details – There was a career showcase, where you talk to recruiters and leave a resume. You're suppose to have applied online already, where there is a personality test and an intelligence test. Afterwards, you wait for the company to contact you. Upon contact, they set you up for on campus interviews, where you meet 1 on 1. If they still like you, they ask you to go to their company's headquarters, where they fly you in for a 2nd interview. There, you either get sent home or an offer.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Engineering interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.