Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

3.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Long but not necessarily difficult. Key requirements: - Leadership skills, -Working in a team, - good analytical skills, self-motivated,multi-skilled - previous working experience -Working in a multi-cultural environment Interview process: - Online screening - One day job fair in P&G ; at the end of the day test - After passing the test ; 5 121 interviews - Offer

Interview Questions

• - Examples of leadership skills - Examples where you have a problem with one of the team members and what you did to solve it - Example on how you reacted in a very stressful condition - Where you want to be in 10 years from now - Principles and values of the company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, attended pre-career fair dinner, talked with the company at the career fair, had an on-campus interview, and onsite interview. On-site interview consisted of a night before dinner with recent graduates from college, breakfast with the individual who interviewed you on campus, and an all day on-site with tours and various interviews. The most important step is to make connections with them prior to the career fair, since most of the selections were made at the pre-career fair dinner.

Interview Questions

• General "tell me about a time" questions and written test with various math, personality, and convergence tests.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Entire process: 1. You send your resume/cover letter online 2. If successful, they send you a link, and you have to take two tests: a reasoning test and a "success drivers" assessment (personality) 3. If successful, you get a phone interview. My interviewer was an engineer at P&G. She asked about my motivations but she mainly asked technical questions (about previous projects,..), because it was an internship for a technical role. 4. I got an email a few hours later telling me that the interview had been successful. They invited me to an assessment day at their office. I have to take two more tests there and then I will be interviewed by three managers (3x1hour).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to be innovative   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Online resume, no cover letter/transcripts required. Had a strong resume and wide variety of experiences, but probably not as competitive as a 3rd year student. Perhaps I didn't fair well on the online personality test.

Interview Questions

• How often have your colleagues come to you for advice?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Application process takes a fair amount of time. There are a couple of online tests at the end of the application. The first of these tests is behavioral based, and there are many questions. The next test is mathematically based, and basically asks you to find patterns between shapes and images. I was not offered an interview opportunity, and I believe I did fairly well on the mathematical test. It seems like they are looking for employees who fit a certain profile in terms of how the behavioral test questions are answered.

Interview Questions

• If an employee is doing (something against company policy), what should you do? There are a few multiple choice questions like this and a few of the answers seem like they would be correct for each question, so it is difficult to choose an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was multiple rounds and met with both a technical and HR interviewer

Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interview

Engineer Interview

Interview

Online application (2 quick tests to assure basic competence). Quick response to progress to interview in Cincinnati. Toured facilities and got the opportunity to speak with numerous individuals involved with the operations. Interviewed for 30 minutes or so by two people followed by a 30 minute talk with one of the newer engineers. Got an offer that day.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing particularly difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Had a better offer on the table, but was interested in seeing the industry