Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions

3.3

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethel, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in July 2009.

Interview process is very hard and rigorous. The initial phone interview is already tough. The questions are many and detail. It took about 45min. The on-site interview took about whole day. Five interviewers are from different groups and departments. The questions from past experiences (good and bad), detailed technical questions (50+ questions), personality questions to test if I can fit in or not. It was exhausted day.

Interview Questions
  • What is your career goals in short term (1-3 yrs) and long term (5+ yrs)?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2009.

It was interesting to say the least. The site asked some questions and then I did their Success Drivers assessment. Afterward I waited a week or so and found out that I was not accepted. If that is the case you have to wait up to 6 months I believe to reapply.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do given [a particular...fill in the blank] scenario?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

I applied online. Two months later I was interview on phone. Person was very friendly and easy going. Most of the time I was asked about my skills related to job. Than two weeks later I was asked for on site interview. A full day long interviews. All people were very friedly and easy going. Most of the time it was behavioral questions. I was told to give a presentation. it was decent crowd there and asked reasonably smart questions.Two days later I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2008.

Process took quite awhile. Started with phone interview then took another 2 months to find a 'spot' for me. When they hire R&D engineers it seems like they recruit to find a potential candidate then try and find a place for them. The department they placed me in was not the on I really wanted. I already had 3 years of process experience and this is the department I requested. Needless to say, I took the position because it got me in the door and I knew I could move about after a few years.

Interview Questions
    • Give me examples of when you demonstrated great leadership.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you managed a difficult employee or situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    No, I never negotiated because I was told they have pretty strict guidelines on offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2009.

Applied online. Phone interview came a few weeks after that. Then they flew me to Cincinnati, where I took a tour of the HQ and surrounding tech centers. Had another short interview with 2 experienced employees. Got an offer at the end of the visit.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2009.

The interview was the result of a discussion started at a campus career fair. I was signed up on the spot for an interview. The interview consisted of three questions, all behavioral. "How would you react if a project you had worked on for a while had to suddenly change direction." "What leadership experience do you have?" I can't recall the last question. It was very informal and relaxed. The rest of the time was spent in just general discussion of my resume and life.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to having to immediately change direction on a project you had been working on for a while?   Answer Question
    • What leadership positions have you held?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2009.

2 on 1 interview. Asked about different experiences I have had that exhibited leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills. The interviewers were very interested in my responses, made eye contact and seemed genuinely interested in not only getting a feel for who I am and how I would be an asset, but also in what they could learn from me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you worked with someone who didn't meet group expectations and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a technical problem and how you used your knowledge to solve it?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. The offer and benefits were great.

4 rounds of interview

Engineer Interview

Online application (2 quick tests to assure basic competence). Quick response to progress to interview in Cincinnati. Toured facilities and got the opportunity to speak with numerous individuals involved with the operations. Interviewed for 30 minutes or so by two people followed by a 30 minute talk with one of the newer engineers. Got an offer that day.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing particularly difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Had a better offer on the table, but was interested in seeing the industry

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Timişoara (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timişoara (Romania)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2012.

I got in contact with P&G by their activities on the University.

I first took a problem solving test, then a panel and one-to-one interview and was able to get a summer internship. The internship was successful and offer a position. I declined because I didn't want to relocate. They informed me that in near future, If I change my mind, I could resume from where we stopped.

Two years later I continued to pursue career at P&G and had additional interview with the plant manager. All went well, but in meanwhile they announced world-wide hiring freeze and the whole procedure had to be postponed for more than six months.

This summer we continue with the process, but this time we had to change the plant/country and I had additional one more (final) interview. After few weeks I go a positive answer and continue with the contract and now we are in the phase of "formalities" to get work/resident permits.

The final interviews are often lead by higher level managers, usually the department / plant manager and are focused on getting to know your character, leadership potential, team work and your enthusiasm for the work and P&G's values and vision. You just need to be natural and explain well and concise what they ask you, usually, what kind of challenges you experienced, projects you have been part of, or lead and how were the results. If something went wrong, could you specify the reason and how you think that it could be improved next time, what was the lesson you've learned.

It's something that you don't have to be stressed about, though it's a very critical point. Just be natural and be yourself, don't' act and "go with the flow." You don't want to get a "job" where you have to act and pretend all the time, it will be devastating!

All the BEST!

Interview Questions
    • What's your top (name two or three) strengths and weaknesses and illustrate them by real-time exemplars.   Answer Question
    With the newest development in the company, some of the benefits are cut down. I wanted to negotiation the starting package, but was refused.