Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online. Two months later I was interview on phone. Person was very friendly and easy going. Most of the time I was asked about my skills related to job. Than two weeks later I was asked for on site interview. A full day long interviews. All people were very friedly and easy going. Most of the time it was behavioral questions. I was told to give a presentation. it was decent crowd there and asked reasonably smart questions.Two days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your negative points?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was the result of a discussion started at a campus career fair. I was signed up on the spot for an interview. The interview consisted of three questions, all behavioral. "How would you react if a project you had worked on for a while had to suddenly change direction." "What leadership experience do you have?" I can't recall the last question. It was very informal and relaxed. The rest of the time was spent in just general discussion of my resume and life.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to having to immediately change direction on a project you had been working on for a while?   Answer Question
    • What leadership positions have you held?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2009.

Interview

2 on 1 interview. Asked about different experiences I have had that exhibited leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills. The interviewers were very interested in my responses, made eye contact and seemed genuinely interested in not only getting a feel for who I am and how I would be an asset, but also in what they could learn from me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with someone who didn't meet group expectations and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a technical problem and how you used your knowledge to solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The offer and benefits were great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview came a few weeks after that. Then they flew me to Cincinnati, where I took a tour of the HQ and surrounding tech centers. Had another short interview with 2 experienced employees. Got an offer at the end of the visit.

Anonymous Employee in Bethel, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Bethel, CT) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process is very hard and rigorous. The initial phone interview is already tough. The questions are many and detail. It took about 45min. The on-site interview took about whole day. Five interviewers are from different groups and departments. The questions from past experiences (good and bad), detailed technical questions (50+ questions), personality questions to test if I can fit in or not. It was exhausted day.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goals in short term (1-3 yrs) and long term (5+ yrs)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

It was interesting to say the least. The site asked some questions and then I did their Success Drivers assessment. Afterward I waited a week or so and found out that I was not accepted. If that is the case you have to wait up to 6 months I believe to reapply.

Interview Questions

• What would you do given [a particular...fill in the blank] scenario?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2008.

Interview

3 interviews, problem solving test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

Process took quite awhile. Started with phone interview then took another 2 months to find a 'spot' for me. When they hire R&D engineers it seems like they recruit to find a potential candidate then try and find a place for them. The department they placed me in was not the on I really wanted. I already had 3 years of process experience and this is the department I requested. Needless to say, I took the position because it got me in the door and I knew I could move about after a few years.

Interview Questions

• Give me examples of when you demonstrated great leadership.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you managed a difficult employee or situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I never negotiated because I was told they have pretty strict guidelines on offers.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Entire process:

1. You send your resume/cover letter online
    2. If successful, they send you a link, and you have to take two tests: a reasoning test and a "success drivers" assessment (personality)
    3. If successful, you get a phone interview. My interviewer was an engineer at P&G. She asked about my motivations but she mainly asked technical questions (about previous projects,..), because it was an internship for a technical role.
    4. I got an email a few hours later telling me that the interview had been successful. They invited me to an assessment day at their office. I have to take two more tests there and then I will be interviewed by three managers (3x1hour).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to be innovative   1 Answer