Procter & Gamble

Procter & Gamble Finance Internship Interview Questions

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2011.

The interview process for the finance internship is quite extensive. It begins by taking the online personality test followed by the reasoning test. If you pass both, P&G will then email you within 2 weeks regarding the next step in the process, the phone interviews. I had two, both were women at the associate director and director levels. They were about two weeks apart, and you must pass the first one to get to the second.

Assuming you pass both phone interviews you will be notified via email to come to P&G's headquarters in cincinnati for your final round of interviews. They pay for all travel expenses, as well as food and lodging. The night before your in-person interviews, a fellow P&G finance employee will take you out to dinner to answer any last minute questions you might have, NOTE: this is not another interview, simply a laid back Q&A and is extremely beneficial. Btw, the restaurants they take you to are some of the nicest in the city.

In the morning you will report to the main lobby where you will meet up with an HR employee who will show you around and introduce you to other employees. Before any interviews, you will be asked to take another reasoning test ( similar to the online version but more difficult), you should definitely prepare for this before hand (they will send you a link for a practice exam after your phone interviews). You MUST pass this to get a job offer. Once that is done you will be taken to your first 1:1 interview. Immediately following that you will do another 1:1 interview. Each interview (phone and in person is approx one hour in length).
When both interviews are over, you will be taken out to lunch by a finance employee. P&G tries to mach your personality with the person taking you out to lunch which is really nice.

P&G will contact you anywhere from an hour after you leave up to two weeks later to offer you the position (they called me an hour after).

Two weeks later they will ask you to complete a drug screen. IT IS A HAIR FOLLICLE DRUG TEST SO PREPARE YOURSELF AHEAD OF TIME!!!

That's pretty much it. Good luck!

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of when you had to analyze a lot of data and find the most important parts?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of when you displayed leadership   Answer Question
  • Give an example of when something significant was accomplished that you made happen   Answer Question
  • Give an example of when you were challenged by mulitple competing priorities? how did you overcome this? describe your results.   Answer Question
The salery they offer you is between $1,800-2,000 bi weekly. It is one of the best paying internships I know of.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

They had an on campus interview with 2 interviewers. After that if you were accepted for a second interview they bring you down to Cincinnati to interview at their offices. They treat you pretty well by arranging a younger employee to take you out to dinner the night before and answer any questions you have. Then the day of the interview you are there with about a group of 4. The morning starts off by taking an hour long logic test that is similar to the mandatory test when applying online. Then there are two separate 1:1 interviews. They asked just behavioral based questions. All about "tell me a time". The two interviewers were pretty different. One guy asked about 12 questions in the base of a half hour, many almost exactly the same, and it becomes very difficult to think of different examples to use. Some examples are "tell me a time when you had to lead a group" "tell me a time when you saw a need in a change in direction and what you did" "tell me a time when you had a difficult problem to solve" "tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult person and how you handled it"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a lot of data to analyze and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

I had an interview during my career forum. The climate during the internship was very relaxed and no unexpected question was asked. It started with reviewing my cv and then i got classic behaviour based interview questions. Make sure you come up with a lot of examples fromyour past life where you demonstrated your skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to use your analytical skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Filled out online form, attached a CV and cover letter, did logic test which was relatively easy and 'success drivers' test which takes a lot longer than the website says it will. It is full of questions concerning what you would do in specific situations. Got through to phone interview which is entirely competency based, was only asked 4 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't meet a goal. All questions had follow up conversation.   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied through university careers website, sending off CV and covering letter. Around three weeks later I was contacted to arrange a telephone interview. This was with a hiring manager and was competency based. Questions included give a time when you have motivated a team and when have you led a team.