Procter & Gamble

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2008.

Interview Details – I applied to a summer internship through my university's career center. I had an interview on campus that was very resume focussed. I was then flown to Cincinnati for a panel interivew. This one was much more traditional (aka, tell me of a time when you overcame an obstacle). The company was very focussed on responses being given in the "CAR" format - Context, Actions, Results. I also had to do a personality test online. Now days, the company also gives a SAT style "Reasoning" test. I was offerred a position as a summer intern between my Junior and Senior years of college. At the end of my internship, I was evaluated and given an offer to come back and work full time after graduation.

Interview Question – After having had an interview on campus that was very focussed on my individual resume, I was surprised when they began asking me more traditional "tell me of a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I only heard of one person that negotiated for an internship and I don't think it was received well.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – On Campus interview Process.
Be sure to talk the P&G tests online!
1. Talk to every employer at the pre-night.
2. Have 10+ examples to answer behavioral based questions.
3. 1st and 2nd round campus interviews are similar
4. Prepare 5+ interesting questions for interviewers (2-on-1 interviews)
5. Cincinnati based interviews (2). Be prepared to talk about why you want P&G for a career and not just a position. F&A hires based on people willing to work on any area of F&A

Interview Question – What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

Interview Details – I made contact with a representative at our Career Fair. made an impression on him. I was encouraged to apply. I did. Got an on campus interview, then received an offer for a second interview in Cincinnati. I will be taking that interview in two weeks.

The interview I took on campus was with two reps, one young one old, asked behavioral questions. Team oriented behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way you have improved a process.   Answer Question
  • When have you had to change a direction or focus of a project halfway through completion?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Success Driver Assessment - 2. Global Reasoning Test - 3. Resume Screening round - 4. Initial Interview (1:1)

Interview Question – Content:Strength & Weakness, Personal behaviour, they want to understand clearly your CV - Background, your leadership skill as well as experiences, accomplishment,...

Language: Vietnamese (60%), English (30%)
  View Answer

Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2009.

Interview Details – Campus interviews, on-site interviews

Interview Question – Describe your weakness and how you manage it   Answer Question

Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

Interview Details – The recruitment process of P&G consisted out of 5 steps. Firstly, a online personality test had to be completed in which many questions were asked about leadership skills. Obviously, one should not be to humble in this stage of the process as the company is looking for strong leadership characteristics.

Next step was a telephone interview with two employees of the company. This interview is behavioral which means that they want to know about real life experiences and how you've dealt with them. Examles are: 'Have you ever experienced a conflict situation within a team, how did you deal with it". Or, "Have you ever had to make a quick and important decision, what was the situation and how did you deal with it". P&G is focussing on three main areas: Leadership, Think & act decisively en Power of agility. Their website provides more information about this.

The third step was again a behavioral interview at the office. Before this interview I had to make an intelligence test. If I would have failed this test, I would not have had the interviews at the office. Two rounds of interviews and both interviewers need to give a positive feedback for you to go to the next round. The behavioral interviews might sound easy when you never have had them before, but they absolutely aren't. During the interview, the interviewers continuously try to dig deeper and try to get more detailed answers. You need to know where you talking about and come with good answers otherwise you get stuck. Good thing is, you can prepare reasonably well for it.

Fourth, there was a Masterclass in Brussels in which 40 students participated. The students all applied for different types of jobs. After a weekend of partying and case crunching we all had a final interview two months later. The weekend was said to be about 'getting to know each other' but since you're presenting for some directors and socializing with future colleagues you definitely make a lasting impression.

Final interview was with the director of the department you're applying for (Finance in my case). These interviews can vary widely I've heared. Personally, this interview was easiest for me as I knew the director already from the Masterclass.

Interview Question – The behavioral questions which are most difficult are about those situations you have little experience with. In the telephone interview I was asked if I ever had to reverse an important decision that I had made. I hadn't prepared this question and didn't really have good examples which led me to give a very vague answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Personally, I haven't negotiated anything. I refused an offer from exxon and really wanted to work for P&G.

Financial Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – 1. Aptitude test
2. Managers interview
3. Directors interview
4. Offer

Interview Question – The life experience questions can sometimes catch you blank.   Answer Question

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Online test about past experience, personality
2. Online or at office test (IQ test with basic mathematic calculations, reading exercises)
3. 1st interview with a manager from the department to decide if you fit the company
4. 2nd and 3rd interview after you passed the 1st one one of your future managers, and a top manager from the office will interview you (it might be one interview with both of them or 2 separate interviews) to decide if you fit a specific position
5. offer

Interview Question – The questions are about your past experiences of coming up with new ideas, solving tensions within a work group. You get sample questions in advance.
Be prepared to have at least three examples for the sample questions from your past experience
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salaries are set, but much higher, than other internships I took before.
You can negotiate starting and ending days, extra vacation days

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – 1)Test- easy test based on logic

2) first round interview - based on behaviour

3) second round interview - compentancy based

Interview Question – all questions are straight forward, use past experiences to explain your answers.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2008.

Interview Details – Consists of:
1. Test for logical and critical thinking (the same for all candidates)
2. Online questionnaire to identify character profile and with regards to past experience (describing certain situations)
3. At least 3 interviews with different levels within the function (mainly repeating the online questionnaire)

Interview Question – How to measure the height of a building having only a barometer as a tool   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ With the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.