Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

P&G recruits at my school and do a preliminary online behavioral and logic reasoning assessment. After the candidate is successfully screened, he/she will have the first interview of entirely behavioral questions. This is as far as I've got in the recruiting process

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to manage conflict in a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

On Campus interview Process.
    Be sure to talk the P&G tests online!
    1. Talk to every employer at the pre-night.
    2. Have 10+ examples to answer behavioral based questions.
    3. 1st and 2nd round campus interviews are similar
    4. Prepare 5+ interesting questions for interviewers (2-on-1 interviews)
    5. Cincinnati based interviews (2). Be prepared to talk about why you want P&G for a career and not just a position. F&A hires based on people willing to work on any area of F&A

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

I made contact with a representative at our Career Fair. made an impression on him. I was encouraged to apply. I did. Got an on campus interview, then received an offer for a second interview in Cincinnati. I will be taking that interview in two weeks.

The interview I took on campus was with two reps, one young one old, asked behavioral questions. Team oriented behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a way you have improved a process.   Answer Question
    • When have you had to change a direction or focus of a project halfway through completion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2008.

I applied to a summer internship through my university's career center. I had an interview on campus that was very resume focussed. I was then flown to Cincinnati for a panel interivew. This one was much more traditional (aka, tell me of a time when you overcame an obstacle). The company was very focussed on responses being given in the "CAR" format - Context, Actions, Results. I also had to do a personality test online. Now days, the company also gives a SAT style "Reasoning" test. I was offerred a position as a summer intern between my Junior and Senior years of college. At the end of my internship, I was evaluated and given an offer to come back and work full time after graduation.

Interview Questions
    • After having had an interview on campus that was very focussed on my individual resume, I was surprised when they began asking me more traditional "tell me of a time when..." questions.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I only heard of one person that negotiated for an internship and I don't think it was received well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied via campus recruiter and student competitions. About 3 months. 3 interviews: screening, interview with HR and interview with Head of Department. Not really difficult question, you just need to explain clearly what you did and what you gain from previous experience

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2014.

First contacted us through email about 2 weeks after application. The recruitment process begins with an aptitude test, followed by three rounds of interviews. The first interview is a personal based interview to find out whether one can fit in the culture; the second interview is more of a competency based interview with more difficult questions than the first. The final interview is a one on one chat.

Interview Questions
    • Question: The most difficult decision you've had to make in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

1. Success Driver Assessment - 2. Global Reasoning Test - 3. Resume Screening round - 4. Initial Interview (1:1)

Interview Questions
    • Content:Strength & Weakness, Personal behaviour, they want to understand clearly your CV - Background, your leadership skill as well as experiences, accomplishment,...

Language: Vietnamese (60%), English (30%)

View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

1. Aptitude test
    2. Managers interview
    3. Directors interview
    4. Offer

Interview Questions
    • The life experience questions can sometimes catch you blank.   Answer Question

1)Test- easy test based on logic

2) first round interview - based on behaviour

3) second round interview - compentancy based

Interview Questions
    • all questions are straight forward, use past experiences to explain your answers.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

The recruitment process of P&G consisted out of 5 steps. Firstly, a online personality test had to be completed in which many questions were asked about leadership skills. Obviously, one should not be to humble in this stage of the process as the company is looking for strong leadership characteristics.

Next step was a telephone interview with two employees of the company. This interview is behavioral which means that they want to know about real life experiences and how you've dealt with them. Examles are: 'Have you ever experienced a conflict situation within a team, how did you deal with it". Or, "Have you ever had to make a quick and important decision, what was the situation and how did you deal with it". P&G is focussing on three main areas: Leadership, Think & act decisively en Power of agility. Their website provides more information about this.

The third step was again a behavioral interview at the office. Before this interview I had to make an intelligence test. If I would have failed this test, I would not have had the interviews at the office. Two rounds of interviews and both interviewers need to give a positive feedback for you to go to the next round. The behavioral interviews might sound easy when you never have had them before, but they absolutely aren't. During the interview, the interviewers continuously try to dig deeper and try to get more detailed answers. You need to know where you talking about and come with good answers otherwise you get stuck. Good thing is, you can prepare reasonably well for it.

Fourth, there was a Masterclass in Brussels in which 40 students participated. The students all applied for different types of jobs. After a weekend of partying and case crunching we all had a final interview two months later. The weekend was said to be about 'getting to know each other' but since you're presenting for some directors and socializing with future colleagues you definitely make a lasting impression.

Final interview was with the director of the department you're applying for (Finance in my case). These interviews can vary widely I've heared. Personally, this interview was easiest for me as I knew the director already from the Masterclass.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions which are most difficult are about those situations you have little experience with. In the telephone interview I was asked if I ever had to reverse an important decision that I had made. I hadn't prepared this question and didn't really have good examples which led me to give a very vague answer.   View Answer
    Personally, I haven't negotiated anything. I refused an offer from exxon and really wanted to work for P&G.