Procter & Gamble Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2014

3.1

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2007.

Before the interview is skills test and personality test, the test last about 1.5 hours. 2 week later they called me and granted me interview opportunity. There were two interviews. The first was by immediate manager and a manager from other group; the second one was interviewed by department head. Each lasted about 30 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2009.

Took online IQ and Personality Tests. After which I was contacted by recruiter (by email) to schedule an on campus interview. After 2 rounds of interview I was told they would get back to me. In January, I visited the company and had the on-site interview and passed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2010.

We first had an online IQ test, and an online personality test. Those who succeeded had to pass another live test. Those who had sufficient points were called for an interview. The interview was about experiences we had in the past, with specific examples. Answers should be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation were a friend of yours created something amazing and you had to help him in the realization of that project.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens (Greece)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2008.

Quite demanding process. First you have to pass the online psychometric tests. Then if you pass they call you for a numerical and reasoning test on paper and after that there are two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • McKinsey type reqruitment questions. e.g. How many diapers are sold yearly in Greece? they want to see your reasoning.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

The recruitment process of P&G consisted out of 5 steps. Firstly, a online personality test had to be completed in which many questions were asked about leadership skills. Obviously, one should not be to humble in this stage of the process as the company is looking for strong leadership characteristics.

Next step was a telephone interview with two employees of the company. This interview is behavioral which means that they want to know about real life experiences and how you've dealt with them. Examles are: 'Have you ever experienced a conflict situation within a team, how did you deal with it". Or, "Have you ever had to make a quick and important decision, what was the situation and how did you deal with it". P&G is focussing on three main areas: Leadership, Think & act decisively en Power of agility. Their website provides more information about this.

The third step was again a behavioral interview at the office. Before this interview I had to make an intelligence test. If I would have failed this test, I would not have had the interviews at the office. Two rounds of interviews and both interviewers need to give a positive feedback for you to go to the next round. The behavioral interviews might sound easy when you never have had them before, but they absolutely aren't. During the interview, the interviewers continuously try to dig deeper and try to get more detailed answers. You need to know where you talking about and come with good answers otherwise you get stuck. Good thing is, you can prepare reasonably well for it.

Fourth, there was a Masterclass in Brussels in which 40 students participated. The students all applied for different types of jobs. After a weekend of partying and case crunching we all had a final interview two months later. The weekend was said to be about 'getting to know each other' but since you're presenting for some directors and socializing with future colleagues you definitely make a lasting impression.

Final interview was with the director of the department you're applying for (Finance in my case). These interviews can vary widely I've heared. Personally, this interview was easiest for me as I knew the director already from the Masterclass.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions which are most difficult are about those situations you have little experience with. In the telephone interview I was asked if I ever had to reverse an important decision that I had made. I hadn't prepared this question and didn't really have good examples which led me to give a very vague answer.   View Answer
    Personally, I haven't negotiated anything. I refused an offer from exxon and really wanted to work for P&G.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2014.

First contacted us through email about 2 weeks after application. The recruitment process begins with an aptitude test, followed by three rounds of interviews. The first interview is a personal based interview to find out whether one can fit in the culture; the second interview is more of a competency based interview with more difficult questions than the first. The final interview is a one on one chat.

Interview Questions
    • Question: The most difficult decision you've had to make in your life?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2009.

I had interviews with 4 people from the F&A department, including the CFO. In general, the questionaire that is being sent early in the application process is a good preparation for the interview questions. Generally, all interview questions are fit-type questions. They ask about your team-player's ability, the ability to overcome difficulaties and stress, your leadership expereinces, etc. Not so many technical finance questions (n my case, none at all). The salary level is good and the employer is looked at as one of the best and most prestigious in the region. They know this and expect to get the best.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2009.

Campus interviews, on-site interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

1. Success Driver Assessment - 2. Global Reasoning Test - 3. Resume Screening round - 4. Initial Interview (1:1)

Interview Questions
    • Content:Strength & Weakness, Personal behaviour, they want to understand clearly your CV - Background, your leadership skill as well as experiences, accomplishment,...

Language: Vietnamese (60%), English (30%)
        View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2010.

Three rounds of interview and one week business competition.

Almost ll qns are behavioral questions except some accounting qns and trying to access why you wourld perfer P&G over banks if you are finance major students.

Interviewers are from different sub-departments of Finance.

Culture is friendly and to some extent competitive.

You will join first as an financial analyst in charge of a certain product planning its budget etc. a combination of corp finance+accounting role.

Interview Questions

The offer came too late.
     They are giving offers are a need-basis ,so be prepared to wait.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!