Procter & Gamble Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

1. Aptitude test
2. Managers interview
3. Directors interview
4. Offer

Interview Questions

• The life experience questions can sometimes catch you blank.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

1)Test- easy test based on logic

2) first round interview - based on behaviour

3) second round interview - compentancy based

Interview Questions

• all questions are straight forward, use past experiences to explain your answers.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2012.

Interview

The recruitment process of P&G consisted out of 5 steps. Firstly, a online personality test had to be completed in which many questions were asked about leadership skills. Obviously, one should not be to humble in this stage of the process as the company is looking for strong leadership characteristics.

Next step was a telephone interview with two employees of the company. This interview is behavioral which means that they want to know about real life experiences and how you've dealt with them. Examles are: 'Have you ever experienced a conflict situation within a team, how did you deal with it". Or, "Have you ever had to make a quick and important decision, what was the situation and how did you deal with it". P&G is focussing on three main areas: Leadership, Think & act decisively en Power of agility. Their website provides more information about this.

The third step was again a behavioral interview at the office. Before this interview I had to make an intelligence test. If I would have failed this test, I would not have had the interviews at the office. Two rounds of interviews and both interviewers need to give a positive feedback for you to go to the next round. The behavioral interviews might sound easy when you never have had them before, but they absolutely aren't. During the interview, the interviewers continuously try to dig deeper and try to get more detailed answers. You need to know where you talking about and come with good answers otherwise you get stuck. Good thing is, you can prepare reasonably well for it.

Fourth, there was a Masterclass in Brussels in which 40 students participated. The students all applied for different types of jobs. After a weekend of partying and case crunching we all had a final interview two months later. The weekend was said to be about 'getting to know each other' but since you're presenting for some directors and socializing with future colleagues you definitely make a lasting impression.

Final interview was with the director of the department you're applying for (Finance in my case). These interviews can vary widely I've heared. Personally, this interview was easiest for me as I knew the director already from the Masterclass.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions which are most difficult are about those situations you have little experience with. In the telephone interview I was asked if I ever had to reverse an important decision that I had made. I hadn't prepared this question and didn't really have good examples which led me to give a very vague answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Personally, I haven't negotiated anything. I refused an offer from exxon and really wanted to work for P&G.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I first passed the online aptitude test and then took two more tests, examining my reasoning ability. Afterwards, I attended an interview, but was only informed through email that I could try to reapply next year. Each previous test lasted around two hours and was a bit tiring.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my previous experience and asked to test my reasoning ability.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Online test about past experience, personality
    2. Online or at office test (IQ test with basic mathematic calculations, reading exercises)
    3. 1st interview with a manager from the department to decide if you fit the company
    4. 2nd and 3rd interview after you passed the 1st one one of your future managers, and a top manager from the office will interview you (it might be one interview with both of them or 2 separate interviews) to decide if you fit a specific position
    5. offer

Interview Questions

• The questions are about your past experiences of coming up with new ideas, solving tensions within a work group. You get sample questions in advance.
      Be prepared to have at least three examples for the sample questions from your past experience

Answer Question

Negotiation

The salaries are set, but much higher, than other internships I took before.
    You can negotiate starting and ending days, extra vacation days

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

We first had an online IQ test, and an online personality test. Those who succeeded had to pass another live test. Those who had sufficient points were called for an interview. The interview was about experiences we had in the past, with specific examples. Answers should be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation were a friend of yours created something amazing and you had to help him in the realization of that project.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2010.

Interview

Three rounds of interview and one week business competition.

Almost ll qns are behavioral questions except some accounting qns and trying to access why you wourld perfer P&G over banks if you are finance major students.

Interviewers are from different sub-departments of Finance.

Culture is friendly and to some extent competitive.

You will join first as an financial analyst in charge of a certain product planning its budget etc. a combination of corp finance+accounting role.

Interview Questions

The offer came too late.
     They are giving offers are a need-basis ,so be prepared to wait.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2010.

Interview

- Many Behavioral-type questions.
    - Few technical questions related to the job (e.g. what do you know about financial statements?)
    - One 1-1 interview with a manager
    - 1-1 Panel interview
    - Interview with the director

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example when your ability to keep up with developments around you helped you make a good decision or solve a problem.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2010.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Took the online personality assessment
    - Invited for a reasoning test
    - 1-1 Interview (Screening)
    - Panel interview with 3 managers
    - One more 1-1 interview scheduled with the Director
    - Many questions are Behavioral type. Some are techinical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where your ability to keep up to date helped you solve a problem or make a good decision.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2010.

Interview

It was overall easy. You shouldn't tell what you think is right. Tell them what they want to hear: leadership blah blah blah....