Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
80 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview process with P&G was incredibly easy going. A preview night the evening before interviews revealed that the interview would be entirely behavioral, conversational, and easy-going, which it most certainly was. Interviewers were incredibly relatable and fun to be around. Second-round interviews were composed of some of the same questions as the first round, but interviewers encouraged the use of the same answers since they were obviously good enough to get you in a second time. Unfortunately, my experience with the interview process ended after the second round, but I would definitely try again. I felt at home with the people in which I interacted.

A word of advice on the pre-interview exam - study! You can find practice tests online and on the P&G website. Take them in the exact environment in which you plan to take the real test. Your first time through, take it untamed and then time yourself each following time. If you can get yourself thinking creatively and analytically ahead of time, you will be much better off for the real deal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you used different pieces of information to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at a national career fair. Spoke at length with one lady who took my resume and told me to apply online and return the next day. Was scheduled for an interview that same day. Interview was basic behavioral, a lot of questions exactly from this webpage which was cool. Interviewer was sort of uncaring/condescending and I do not know why.

Interview Question – Tell me more about your independent research.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Heavily behavioral. A lot of the questions are to see if you're an innovator, someone who shares their company values.

Interview Question – Greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited from a college Career Showcase. Was called for a face to face interview the next day. From there I was put into a candidate pool consisting of students from across the country.

Interview Question – Tell a time when you made a decision as a leader and it failed completely.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details – Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Question – Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Applied online through the P&G website and University Recruiting. Completed the pre-screening questionnaire. Was preselected for a recruitment dinner prior to the career fair and spoke with current employees. Spoke to them at the career fair the following day briefly. Attended an on-campus interview and selected for second round on-site interview. Stayed in Iowa City and went to dinner with newer employees the night prior. Went to breakfast with my on-campus interviewer. The following day, I took the IQ exam and went through two 1 on 1 interviews, a plant tour, Q&A sessions, and final interview to wrap up the day and deliver the results. Very efficient process and people were very nice.

Interview Question – Math questions, reading comprehension questions, IQ test, previous experience questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – I took the IQ test and had a 2:1 interview in the same day. Make sure to have a lot of leadership..Get a good night rest before the interview and eat a healthy breakfast because you are going to need the brain power :-)

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had limited resources to solve a problem? They asked this question twice in a different format.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – The interview process was halted by some unspecified issue in a preliminary "test".

Interview Question – The test portion was unclear and prevented an interview.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2013.

Interview Details – All P&G career applications involve a personality test, reasoning test (structured somewhat like a very short IQ test which you can't really prepare for), and interviews. I first applied to the FACT program, which is a week long P&G "boot camp" with the finance, accounting, and tax department, where prospective interns familiarize themselves with different lines, the company as a whole, and life in Cincinnati. You are also given the opportunity to network with new hires, current interns, and upper management, including the CFO. On the last day, you are given another reasoning test (to make sure you didn't cheat on your FACT application), and back to back interviews. Before your interview you will receive plenty of guidance from P&G employees, who will give you tips and cheer you on as you approach your interview date.

The interviews themselves are generally very casual and friendly, although it really depends on the interviewer, like any company. Interviews are completely behavioral, and interviewers are given a list of questions they could ask you. They take notes based on attributes that they are testing you for: "Power of mind", "Power of people", and "Power of agility." Some are more conversational and try to make the interview as easy as possible for you, and others are the opposite. All interviewers expect you to answer questions in the "CAR" format, which stands for Context, Action, Result. This implies a brief explanation of your experience, what you personally have done to solve the problem, and what the result was. Examples can be drawn from school, previous employment experiences, volunteer opportunities, and even personal anecdotes.

Afterwards, it took about 2 weeks before they called me to give me an offer, which is contingent upon a successful hair follicle drug screen, background check, and medical examination. The process after the offer can take several months depending on human resources (I received and accepted my offer 2 months ago and still have not received details on the contingencies), but the full internship assignment complete with manager, role, and brand will be given several months before the start of the internship. You do get to preference a brand and role for your internship, but past interns say that your position is mostly dependent on business need, not your preference. P&G offers more flexibility with full time offers, though. Current employees will contact you and make themselves available after your offer acceptance if you have any questions.

Interview Question – Explain a pivotal moment in your life and how it has changed you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – P&G does not negotiate. Take it or leave it.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in July 2013.

Interview Details – The process is arduous. Multiple exams and interviews. They are looking for very specific things that you must articulate.

Interview Question – No surprise questions, purely behavioral based. However, they're looking for very specific answers and they should be in depth answers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. They're pretty much take it or leave it.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!