Procter & Gamble

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Average Difficulty
80 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview process with P&G was incredibly easy going. A preview night the evening before interviews revealed that the interview would be entirely behavioral, conversational, and easy-going, which it most certainly was. Interviewers were incredibly relatable and fun to be around. Second-round interviews were composed of some of the same questions as the first round, but interviewers encouraged the use of the same answers since they were obviously good enough to get you in a second time. Unfortunately, my experience with the interview process ended after the second round, but I would definitely try again. I felt at home with the people in which I interacted.

A word of advice on the pre-interview exam - study! You can find practice tests online and on the P&G website. Take them in the exact environment in which you plan to take the real test. Your first time through, take it untamed and then time yourself each following time. If you can get yourself thinking creatively and analytically ahead of time, you will be much better off for the real deal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you used different pieces of information to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2013.

Interview Details – First there is an aptitude test. If you clear that, you reach Screening Interview Phase. If you clear that, then you are eligible for three comprehensive interviews. After that, result is being announced on the basis of your performance. Interviews may be face to face, or telephony. The interviews are situation based.

Interview Questions

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at a national career fair. Spoke at length with one lady who took my resume and told me to apply online and return the next day. Was scheduled for an interview that same day. Interview was basic behavioral, a lot of questions exactly from this webpage which was cool. Interviewer was sort of uncaring/condescending and I do not know why.

Interview Question – Tell me more about your independent research.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Starts with an on line personality test which is then followed by on campus tests and screening Interviews. There are then a set of comprehensive interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you employed your technical skills to solve a problem. You need to provide a specific situation, explain all the involved factors, how you came up with the solution and implemented it.   View Answer

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2014.

Interview Details – First I took the university recruitment test. After clearing it i was called for an interview the next day. The interview was short and constituted generally behavioural questions ie related to my interests, hobbies, anything i may have done in my life that had an impact etc.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult decision you made in your life? Any decision you took that made impact on other people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was mostly excited to even be considered and selected for intern position so i accepted whatever they offered.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Heavily behavioral. A lot of the questions are to see if you're an innovator, someone who shares their company values.

Interview Question – Greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for the first interview a week after. Before the interview, I talked to someone who worked in the position to give me a practice interview. 2 rounds and the people were really nice and responsive.

Interview Question – How do you make decisions when you don't have all the facts?   Answer Question

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details – Following an initial online test I was called to an interview at the P&G office. At the office the test results were verified by completing a similar test (including logic and reading comprehension). After the test and a company presentation I went through three interviews with hard behavioural questions. Within two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited from a college Career Showcase. Was called for a face to face interview the next day. From there I was put into a candidate pool consisting of students from across the country.

Interview Question – Tell a time when you made a decision as a leader and it failed completely.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details – Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Question – Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!