Procter & Gamble

Updated Jan 12, 2015

3.3

98 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I took the IQ test and had a 2:1 interview in the same day. Make sure to have a lot of leadership..Get a good night rest before the interview and eat a healthy breakfast because you are going to need the brain power :-)

Interview Questions
  • Give me a time when you had limited resources to solve a problem? They asked this question twice in a different format.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

The interview process was halted by some unspecified issue in a preliminary "test".

Interview Questions
    • The test portion was unclear and prevented an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Recruited from a college Career Showcase. Was called for a face to face interview the next day. From there I was put into a candidate pool consisting of students from across the country.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time when you made a decision as a leader and it failed completely.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2013.

Initially talked to a representative at a career fair. I was contacted by an alumni and I scheduled an on-site interview with her. We mainly talked about the positions and I was told to apply to specific positions online and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • We talked mostly about the interviewer's experience at P&G.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2013.

All P&G career applications involve a personality test, reasoning test (structured somewhat like a very short IQ test which you can't really prepare for), and interviews. I first applied to the FACT program, which is a week long P&G "boot camp" with the finance, accounting, and tax department, where prospective interns familiarize themselves with different lines, the company as a whole, and life in Cincinnati. You are also given the opportunity to network with new hires, current interns, and upper management, including the CFO. On the last day, you are given another reasoning test (to make sure you didn't cheat on your FACT application), and back to back interviews. Before your interview you will receive plenty of guidance from P&G employees, who will give you tips and cheer you on as you approach your interview date.

The interviews themselves are generally very casual and friendly, although it really depends on the interviewer, like any company. Interviews are completely behavioral, and interviewers are given a list of questions they could ask you. They take notes based on attributes that they are testing you for: "Power of mind", "Power of people", and "Power of agility." Some are more conversational and try to make the interview as easy as possible for you, and others are the opposite. All interviewers expect you to answer questions in the "CAR" format, which stands for Context, Action, Result. This implies a brief explanation of your experience, what you personally have done to solve the problem, and what the result was. Examples can be drawn from school, previous employment experiences, volunteer opportunities, and even personal anecdotes.

Afterwards, it took about 2 weeks before they called me to give me an offer, which is contingent upon a successful hair follicle drug screen, background check, and medical examination. The process after the offer can take several months depending on human resources (I received and accepted my offer 2 months ago and still have not received details on the contingencies), but the full internship assignment complete with manager, role, and brand will be given several months before the start of the internship. You do get to preference a brand and role for your internship, but past interns say that your position is mostly dependent on business need, not your preference. P&G offers more flexibility with full time offers, though. Current employees will contact you and make themselves available after your offer acceptance if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a pivotal moment in your life and how it has changed you.   View Answer
    P&G does not negotiate. Take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I got in touch with P&G through a career fair at my university. I had an interview on campus, then a phone interview, and finally, I was flown out to OH for an in-person panel interview. It was an interesting and challenging process, and I felt like a lot of their "paper" interview questions were extremely similar to one another. However, they were extremely thorough and their employees were very kind and understanding. One was not even thrilled about having to ask the repetitive questions. Usually they give you an answer (at least for internships) after your interview in OH, but in my case they had to wait a few days and deliberate. In the end, I got the job for the summer and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What problems did you encounter while working with a group and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in July 2013.

The process is arduous. Multiple exams and interviews. They are looking for very specific things that you must articulate.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise questions, purely behavioral based. However, they're looking for very specific answers and they should be in depth answers.   View Answer
    No real negotiation. They're pretty much take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Met with recruiters at a national career fair. Spoke at length with one lady who took my resume and told me to apply online and return the next day. Was scheduled for an interview that same day. Interview was basic behavioral, a lot of questions exactly from this webpage which was cool. Interviewer was sort of uncaring/condescending and I do not know why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Initial screening interview on campus. Second behavioral interview on campus - more formal. Final interview on site

No negotiations

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview went really smooth. The people from P&G are trying to get to know you and will help you on the way. The questions they asked were more focused onto discovering my character rather than to see how much you know.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of something you've done that without you having done it, would have never been done.   Answer Question