Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was very pleasant for both positions I applied for. I did two initial interviews for two intern positions, and I'm in the process of scheduling my second round interview at one of their plants. The interviewers were all great people to talk to. Make sure to ask them about their own work and the P&G company culture- they'll have a lot of good things to say.

Interview Questions

Procter & Gamble Response

Oct 31, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your response! Our interviewers are all great people! :) Most of our interviewers are directly from the function that you are applying for, so these are potentially your future colleagues ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Interview

The Steps: 1) Online cognitive assessment: both tests took around an hour and a half. The first was a fit test and the other was a cognitive assessment test. 2) Phone Interview: just the standard fit questions, why you're interested, etc. 3) In person interview and in person cognitive assessment: another 40 to one hour cognitive assessment

Interview Questions

• Just be sure to look up general brainteasers and practice cognitive tests ahead of time   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Great point! We do have cognitive reasoning assessments and there are definitely a lot of similar practice activities candidates can look for online to prepare. They can also check out our practice ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I talked to recruiters at the career fair in September and gave them my resume. I was told to apply online so I would be in the system. The online application involved filling out a simple Taleo form and then completing two assessments: a personality assessment and a reasoning assessment. I highly encourage people to look at the same test for the reasoning assessment and be very familiar with P&G's PVPs and whether you fit with them. Following this, I was invited to interview at school the next month when the interviewers were coming. This interview was very behavioral, asking questions along the lines of "tell me about a time when...". Be very familiar with your resume, as they'll have a copy and will be able to know if you're not being truthful. It was between my first interview and the second that I had a gap of about four months. I talked to my recruiter and to my interviewer, both of whom said I was at the top of the list for further consideration. In March, I was invited on-site to interview. The first night we were there, we were invited to dinner with other candidates and our interviewers (who turned out to be our bosses). The second day, we had breakfast, an introduction to the company, a tour of the building, and then an interview with two interviewers. They provide the transportation to and from the site and hotel. Any expense taken to get to the P&G site is covered, you just need to send in your receipts.

Interview Questions

• Just all behavioral questions, nothing particularly difficult. Know your resume from start to finish.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase since it was an internship

Oct 31, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm sorry your interview process took so long! We try to make sure our hiring process is as quick as possible, but sounds like this didn't happen in your case ... More

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

first applied online then out of no where got an email inviting me down to their office for an assessment and interview. The assessment is ridiculously hard and the interview is all behavioral questions which can be very difficult. Other than that great people and great atmosphere, very difficult company to get in to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you applied your expertise in one field to a totally different field   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They are the worst that I'ver ever head. They make an exam, that it last 60 minutes but it doesn't work. Their hiring process is so long, because they have four steps to hire.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

The interview process with P&G was incredibly easy going. A preview night the evening before interviews revealed that the interview would be entirely behavioral, conversational, and easy-going, which it most certainly was. Interviewers were incredibly relatable and fun to be around. Second-round interviews were composed of some of the same questions as the first round, but interviewers encouraged the use of the same answers since they were obviously good enough to get you in a second time. Unfortunately, my experience with the interview process ended after the second round, but I would definitely try again. I felt at home with the people in which I interacted. A word of advice on the pre-interview exam - study! You can find practice tests online and on the P&G website. Take them in the exact environment in which you plan to take the real test. Your first time through, take it untamed and then time yourself each following time. If you can get yourself thinking creatively and analytically ahead of time, you will be much better off for the real deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used different pieces of information to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Heavily behavioral. A lot of the questions are to see if you're an innovator, someone who shares their company values.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2014.

Interview

Had an hour long interview with the hiring manager and R&D member of the team. They mostly asked about my graduate school research and experiences. How my graduate school work is going to fit with the job skills they were hiring for? Personality questions asking to describe a conflict with a co-worker, leadership abilities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in conflict with your boss? How did you handle the conflict? What was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

Applied online through the P&G website and University Recruiting. Completed the pre-screening questionnaire. Was preselected for a recruitment dinner prior to the career fair and spoke with current employees. Spoke to them at the career fair the following day briefly. Attended an on-campus interview and selected for second round on-site interview. Stayed in Iowa City and went to dinner with newer employees the night prior. Went to breakfast with my on-campus interviewer. The following day, I took the IQ exam and went through two 1 on 1 interviews, a plant tour, Q&A sessions, and final interview to wrap up the day and deliver the results. Very efficient process and people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Math questions, reading comprehension questions, IQ test, previous experience questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Questions

• Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere