Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
80 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2012.

Interview Details – I found out about the opportunity through the university career fair. I was instructed to apply online, took an online cognitive/reasoning test, and then received an email within the next day requesting timing for a phone-interview.

Took the phone interview which took about 1.5 hrs(they send you basic interview strategy materials to prep for in advance). Requested to fly to Cincinnati, OH. First night was spent meeting with a representative chosen for me as my 'adviser.' Next morning, take a written reasoning, cognitive, and pattern recognition test (took about 2 hours). Afterwards, it was followed up with a tour of the site as well as presentations by senior management as well as an advisory team.

Candidates were split into 2 groups, where one group was taking the tour, and the other were doing interviews. The groups are then swapped and the process is repeated so that everyone can simultaneously take the interview and tour.

After a final presentation on P&G's fit for a prospective employee, sent home. I get home Friday night, and receive a call the next Monday morning with an offer (accepted).

Interview Question – They are your typical situational questions, nothing stuck out as a difficult or unexpected question. Be sure to follow the CAR model. (Context, Action, Result)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Contingent upon the usual (background check, hair follicle test, I-9, etc).

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – I got in touch with P&G through a career fair at my university. I had an interview on campus, then a phone interview, and finally, I was flown out to OH for an in-person panel interview. It was an interesting and challenging process, and I felt like a lot of their "paper" interview questions were extremely similar to one another. However, they were extremely thorough and their employees were very kind and understanding. One was not even thrilled about having to ask the repetitive questions. Usually they give you an answer (at least for internships) after your interview in OH, but in my case they had to wait a few days and deliberate. In the end, I got the job for the summer and it was a great experience.

Interview Question – What problems did you encounter while working with a group and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial screening interview on campus. Second behavioral interview on campus - more formal. Final interview on site

Interview Question – Tell us about a project where you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview went really smooth. The people from P&G are trying to get to know you and will help you on the way. The questions they asked were more focused onto discovering my character rather than to see how much you know.

Interview Question – Tell me of something you've done that without you having done it, would have never been done.   Answer Question

State College, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

Interview Details – First there was a series of online assements including a personality test and logic test. The logic test was somewhat challenging. The logic test included questions that were reasoning and abstract thinking problems. The next step is an interview. Mine was a one on one interview that dealt with mostly behavioral questions. It was a low stress interview and not that challenging. The final step was a day visit at the plant site. This had a 2 on 1 interview which I found pretty difficult. This had some repeated behavioral questions but also included more questions revolving around experiences and giving examples of life experiences.

Interview Question – Name a time when you given an unexpected change to a project you were working on last minute. Also, how did you proceed to adapt your plan of action and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted the internship on the spot.

Jackson, TN

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process for me for the P&G internship was long and agonizing. I applied for the Cincinnati, OH position sometime in september after sitting through an informational visit to my school. The application consisted of a reasoning test, a word based math problem test, and a questionnaire.

I finally recieved a call from them in early December and was givin a date for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions such as "Describe a time when you worked in a team setting and contributed to the overall success of the project or task at hand." "Describe a time were you led a team to success." "Describe a time in your life that you feel has contributed the best to the person you are today and the values you believe in." After this, I was told that I had succesfully passed the interview section and that I would be contacted soon about the next step in the interview process which was the day visit.

Here is where things get agonizing, I didnt here back from them for months, when I finally heard back from them, they apologized for the wait and said that unfortunately, the time frame for the Cincinnati, OH facility had closed and that they are sincerely sorry for that. They then told me that there was also good news, they had transferred my application to the Jackson, TN Pringles Facility and they really liked me on paper so they would be contacting me soon for a possible internship.

Still I waited. I went through another phone interview with them and succesfully "passed". They again told me to wait on contact, which took entirely to long. Finally in June 2010 as I was "working" at Embassy Suites Hotel, I noticed a reservation for the convention room under Proctor & Gamble. I then called my contact for P&G and explained what I saw and behold! The site manager was to have a meeting there this weekend. I spoke with him and he agreed to meet me for breakfast the morning of his visit. All went well.

Unfortunately, they called me 3 days later and told me that due to economical set backs, they could not bring in an intern this summer. BUT, they garuntee me a position for next summer. I took this as a nice way of them telling me I didnt get the position so I didnt expect to here back from them. 5 months later, in the middle of november, I recieved a call from my P&G contact that I was to complete a day visit!

This bring me to today, my day visit starts tomorrow, tuesday December 14 and ends wednesday December 15. I am very excited and suprised that they still remembered me.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in your life in which you feel had the most important effect on your life today and the values you follow.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2010.

Interview Details – In order to get an interview with P&G you need to pass two exams. The hiring process is very long, it can take more than 3 months. Remember to be confident all the time, and make sure you answer all the questions properly and clear.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had to learn the current trends and updates to finish a project successfully.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ohio, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2008.

Interview Details – Its easy. First I applid online, then i did a reasoning test online, then i had my first interview. The first interview was quite straight forward, behavioural questions. After that, I had to wait a week and had to take a second interview, which was also behavioural and a reasoning test along with it. Then if you pass, you will get the job

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to make a quick decission   Answer Question

Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2009.

Interview Details – I learned about the companys internship opportunities. I met with the recruiter the next day so she could help me with my resume and with my interviewing skills. She was extremely helpful in telling me what to expect. For the personality test, i did very well, make sure you make yourelf sound great in order to pass it. The reasoning test was online and was pretty complicated. I suggest you google it for some example questions in order to prepare yourself.

Interview Question – what is your most valued achievement?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2008.

Interview Details – I had a Intelligence and personality test online after i passed the initial internet screening. I got a call at 8 am after i applied online. After that i was asked to send in a sample of my writing. Once i got the offer i had to pass a drug test.

Interview Question – Tell me about your current work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They know what you are worth and they have a whole different area. So it was hard to negotiate mostly because they only have 1% get an offer so it is hard to negotiate with them.