Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Well It was challenging a lot of off topic questions, considering I was an intern I didn't realize it would be this much. I was under the impression that this interview would be fairly easy. A large part of their process is the personality test.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Duplicated questions in written tests. First round was online written tests and logical test. Second round was on campus written test, third round was face-to-face interview. Candidates of different departments were arranged to test together so the competition was very keen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2011.

1 application online, 1 test online, 1 test in the office, 1 1:1 interview, 1 panel discussion with 3 people

Interview Questions
    • To provide an example and from college and describe in details situation when I've been a leader of some group and convince them to do something they initially did not want to do.   Answer Question
    no negotiatons

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Following an initial online test I was called to an interview at the P&G office. At the office the test results were verified by completing a similar test (including logic and reading comprehension). After the test and a company presentation I went through three interviews with hard behavioural questions. Within two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2012.

Complete a series of online application which includes submitting resume or addtional documents.given a link to comple online assessment centre which includes success driver, reasoning test. Later on will be contacted to go down for another round of reasoning test in person. Finally the interview notice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2013.

Online resume and assessment test, telephone interview, written aptitude test, final round 2-1 interview on-site. You are given the opportunity to interact with P&G employees from a variety of functions within the department that you applied for.

Show leadership, passion and agility. Show that you are willing to invest your efforts long-term in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with conflicting data   Answer Question
    The compensation structure is extremely competitive, and I saw no need to negotiate further

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

1 Online Reasoning Test, 1 Test in P&G, 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, but do expect many behavioral questions for all rounds of interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanoi (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Employee in Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2013.

After CV processing, you have to do reasoning test. Next, there will be 3 interviews with managers. They are all about competency-based interview. Each lasts about 45 to 60 min. All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Anonymous Employee in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

First of all, I took the psychotechnic test online. The results came by email in about 5 days, but they can take up to 7 days to come in. As a recommendation, you can ask for your results at their recruitment page, corresponding to which country you're applying, at Facebook. The time that it takes to get the results is independent of the results.

Afterwards, I had to take the reasoning test at their headquarters. The test isn't extremely difficult, but the time constraint is a problem. Their test sample online only shows how the questions will be in principle and teach you how to answer them, but in no way reflects the real difficulty of the test. A calculator is as important as a pencil to take the test. Wrong questions are not penalized, so answer as much as you can. The results took about 7 days to come in by email. If positive, they'll contact you later for your initial interview.

They called me from HR to schedule the initial interview. In the interview, all their questions were behavioral. They look for past behavior to predict future behavior, and will ask you about your past successes. They also look how you fare against their Success Drivers, and your integrity. In my case, the questions were made by a panel of 2 in a round table. They were extremely nice and polite. The interview was more of a conversation, I was asked about 12 general behavioral questions, but there were more questions regarding the answer that I gave to them. I strongly recommend answering with the CAR method. The interview lasted more than an hour, and I enjoyed it every moment of it. You can ask about the company at the end of the interview, but it is absolutely prohibited to talk about salary or benefits, or any kind of negotiation, as they said to me. They will grade you, and compare you to other applicants, but this always happens in each step of the process
    If successful, between 1 - 2 weeks you'll receive an email notifying you if you go to the "Final Interview" (which is not always final, as told by my interviewers). I'm currently at this step; I cannot confirm or deny anything more. If I recieve an offer or not, I will edit this interview.

I hope my experience helps you in your application process.

My general recommendations:

* This process has to be taken seriously. It demands a thorough research of yourself and them. In my honest opinion, it takes a long time, but in the end, worth it.

* You are always compared to others in each step of the process. Prepare accordingly.

* P&G literally tell you what they want from you. Research about them and their working culture as much as you can.