Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2011.

First of all, you need to pass the online assessment center tests. They will require around 2h30 minutes because you have to both introduce all the details, reply to ~60 questions about yourself and past experiences and then, you have 2 IQ tests. After this stage, if successful, you are going for a live test, reasoning test (math type) of 60 minutes. Last stage is 3 interviews, not necessarily the same day.

Interview Questions
  • What was my hardest decision and why. Of course, it's recommendable to be related to a work experience.   View Answer
No negotiation as I was an intern.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

First i took a test of math, sequences and understanding they told me i didn't pass the test but 4 months later they called me and they told that i got an interview with the HR the interview lasted an hour they pretty much wanted to know about me, my skills and how i managed difficult situations. Then i waited about ten minutes; and they told me i had made it to the second round interview and that we would call me to make an appointment.

Interview Questions
    • We were in an open space, where we were able see our surroundings, they asked me that if the place were full how many parking spaces would be needed.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I got in touch with P&G through a career fair at my university. I had an interview on campus, then a phone interview, and finally, I was flown out to OH for an in-person panel interview. It was an interesting and challenging process, and I felt like a lot of their "paper" interview questions were extremely similar to one another. However, they were extremely thorough and their employees were very kind and understanding. One was not even thrilled about having to ask the repetitive questions. Usually they give you an answer (at least for internships) after your interview in OH, but in my case they had to wait a few days and deliberate. In the end, I got the job for the summer and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What problems did you encounter while working with a group and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2012.

First I did an online pesonality test that was easy enough, then I got a mail from them to make a logical test (it came un 3 parts, one was about math, the other was about understanding some sentences and choosing the correcta affirmation, and the last part was about number sequences or geometric sequences, etc), after that test they instantaneously (like 1 hour after) told me that I passed the test and they did me an interview, 10 minutes after the interview the told me that I passed that stage again and that they will contact me later for the last interview (a panel interview). Today they called me and said that my panel interview will be on friday!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one time when because of someone advice that was against of what you thought at that moment, you successfully solved a problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2011.

until now other than the iq test in the online application, i took a test at the company building. It was in turkish had 3 sections: math, turkish comprehension questions, and an iq test very similar to that in online application form . then they called me for an english interview probably just to evaluate my language skills. The same day they gave me appointment for the group interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2010.

At first you need to do an online test with mesaure you psicological status, this is the first filter. Done with that you need to present an skill test with the main problem is the time. Once you pass the skill test you need to do a first interview about you life. The last filter is panel interview with more questions about the position you asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 5 good characteristics of you and 5 bad   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2011.

They recruited from my university and after the initial IQ and personality test, shortlisted some candidates for a screening interview. The office environment is very relaxed and the interviews took place in glass rooms. the interviewers were relaxed and friendly, although firm. They explained the interview process briefly and offered water/tea/coffee then began to ask the questions once I was comfortable. The interview was entirely behavioral. there were four comprehensives after the screening interview, also behavioral before they gave thier final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time when you had to analyze data from several different sources and how you did that   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate time as my university would restart in about 8 weeks whereas their offer consisted of twelve weeks of internship

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

The interview process for me for the P&G internship was long and agonizing. I applied for the Cincinnati, OH position sometime in september after sitting through an informational visit to my school. The application consisted of a reasoning test, a word based math problem test, and a questionnaire.

I finally recieved a call from them in early December and was givin a date for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions such as "Describe a time when you worked in a team setting and contributed to the overall success of the project or task at hand." "Describe a time were you led a team to success." "Describe a time in your life that you feel has contributed the best to the person you are today and the values you believe in." After this, I was told that I had succesfully passed the interview section and that I would be contacted soon about the next step in the interview process which was the day visit.

Here is where things get agonizing, I didnt here back from them for months, when I finally heard back from them, they apologized for the wait and said that unfortunately, the time frame for the Cincinnati, OH facility had closed and that they are sincerely sorry for that. They then told me that there was also good news, they had transferred my application to the Jackson, TN Pringles Facility and they really liked me on paper so they would be contacting me soon for a possible internship.

Still I waited. I went through another phone interview with them and succesfully "passed". They again told me to wait on contact, which took entirely to long. Finally in June 2010 as I was "working" at Embassy Suites Hotel, I noticed a reservation for the convention room under Proctor & Gamble. I then called my contact for P&G and explained what I saw and behold! The site manager was to have a meeting there this weekend. I spoke with him and he agreed to meet me for breakfast the morning of his visit. All went well.

Unfortunately, they called me 3 days later and told me that due to economical set backs, they could not bring in an intern this summer. BUT, they garuntee me a position for next summer. I took this as a nice way of them telling me I didnt get the position so I didnt expect to here back from them. 5 months later, in the middle of november, I recieved a call from my P&G contact that I was to complete a day visit!

This bring me to today, my day visit starts tomorrow, tuesday December 14 and ends wednesday December 15. I am very excited and suprised that they still remembered me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in your life in which you feel had the most important effect on your life today and the values you follow.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

Initial stages are online assestments. When you passed, you fill in a form about the different questions relating to success drivers.
    Initial interview is a basic one lasting half hour with a HR manager.
    2nd and 3rd interview are more comprehensive lasting an hour each with a Senior manager.
    4th Interview (final) is with a director of the department u want.

Intern Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

first i had been looking for summer internships and applied to the big name companies so i applied online (background info plus reasoning test and personality test)...two weeks later, i found out P&G was going to be represented at my university at a career fair so i asked my mom all she knew about the company and did some online research and was prepared for the career fair but ended up talking to the rep for only a few minutes because of the mass number of students wanting to talk with him...received an email from the rep almost two more weeks later and had an initial phone interview...a week later, i received a phone call from someone in a specific dpt with an actual intern offer, had the phone interview with the senior researcher the next day who offered to fly me to Cincinnati before we had even hung up! i'll be flying to Cincinnati in one week!
    most of the questions were behavioral and experience based, for example, tell me about your research experience, oh you had a research partner-if you ever had a problem, how did you solve it? what do you do outside of classes? i'd say definitely highlight leadership, time efficiency, and organization examples as well as well rounded-ness (i was able to expand on my volunteer teaching experience in Africa)
    all the interviewers were friendly and kept stopping to ask if i had questions and laid back

Interview Questions
    • did something ever go wrong in your lab? if so, how did you fix it?   Answer Question