Procter & Gamble

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Average Difficulty
82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2011.

Interview Details – They recruited from my university and after the initial IQ and personality test, shortlisted some candidates for a screening interview. The office environment is very relaxed and the interviews took place in glass rooms. the interviewers were relaxed and friendly, although firm. They explained the interview process briefly and offered water/tea/coffee then began to ask the questions once I was comfortable. The interview was entirely behavioral. there were four comprehensives after the screening interview, also behavioral before they gave thier final decision.

Interview Question – Tell us of a time when you had to analyze data from several different sources and how you did that   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate time as my university would restart in about 8 weeks whereas their offer consisted of twelve weeks of internship

Jackson, TN

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process for me for the P&G internship was long and agonizing. I applied for the Cincinnati, OH position sometime in september after sitting through an informational visit to my school. The application consisted of a reasoning test, a word based math problem test, and a questionnaire.

I finally recieved a call from them in early December and was givin a date for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions such as "Describe a time when you worked in a team setting and contributed to the overall success of the project or task at hand." "Describe a time were you led a team to success." "Describe a time in your life that you feel has contributed the best to the person you are today and the values you believe in." After this, I was told that I had succesfully passed the interview section and that I would be contacted soon about the next step in the interview process which was the day visit.

Here is where things get agonizing, I didnt here back from them for months, when I finally heard back from them, they apologized for the wait and said that unfortunately, the time frame for the Cincinnati, OH facility had closed and that they are sincerely sorry for that. They then told me that there was also good news, they had transferred my application to the Jackson, TN Pringles Facility and they really liked me on paper so they would be contacting me soon for a possible internship.

Still I waited. I went through another phone interview with them and succesfully "passed". They again told me to wait on contact, which took entirely to long. Finally in June 2010 as I was "working" at Embassy Suites Hotel, I noticed a reservation for the convention room under Proctor & Gamble. I then called my contact for P&G and explained what I saw and behold! The site manager was to have a meeting there this weekend. I spoke with him and he agreed to meet me for breakfast the morning of his visit. All went well.

Unfortunately, they called me 3 days later and told me that due to economical set backs, they could not bring in an intern this summer. BUT, they garuntee me a position for next summer. I took this as a nice way of them telling me I didnt get the position so I didnt expect to here back from them. 5 months later, in the middle of november, I recieved a call from my P&G contact that I was to complete a day visit!

This bring me to today, my day visit starts tomorrow, tuesday December 14 and ends wednesday December 15. I am very excited and suprised that they still remembered me.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in your life in which you feel had the most important effect on your life today and the values you follow.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

Interview Details – Initial stages are online assestments. When you passed, you fill in a form about the different questions relating to success drivers.
Initial interview is a basic one lasting half hour with a HR manager.
2nd and 3rd interview are more comprehensive lasting an hour each with a Senior manager.
4th Interview (final) is with a director of the department u want.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – -

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Interview Details – first i had been looking for summer internships and applied to the big name companies so i applied online (background info plus reasoning test and personality test)...two weeks later, i found out P&G was going to be represented at my university at a career fair so i asked my mom all she knew about the company and did some online research and was prepared for the career fair but ended up talking to the rep for only a few minutes because of the mass number of students wanting to talk with him...received an email from the rep almost two more weeks later and had an initial phone interview...a week later, i received a phone call from someone in a specific dpt with an actual intern offer, had the phone interview with the senior researcher the next day who offered to fly me to Cincinnati before we had even hung up! i'll be flying to Cincinnati in one week!
most of the questions were behavioral and experience based, for example, tell me about your research experience, oh you had a research partner-if you ever had a problem, how did you solve it? what do you do outside of classes? i'd say definitely highlight leadership, time efficiency, and organization examples as well as well rounded-ness (i was able to expand on my volunteer teaching experience in Africa)
all the interviewers were friendly and kept stopping to ask if i had questions and laid back

Interview Question – did something ever go wrong in your lab? if so, how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied online, submitting my CV and covering letter. I then had to take two online tests consisting of a reasoning test and their "success drivers" assessment. About a month later I received an email saying I had been successful and inviting me along to their assessment day where I had to take another longer and more difficult reasoning test.
I found out within 24 hours that I had passed this test and then was invited to have a phone interview, I again passed this stage and was informed straight away that the next stage would be face to face interviews with a senior manager. I travelled to their head offices and had my interview which lasted roughly an hour with two of their senior managers, and consisted of virtually identical questions to the phone interview. 10 days later I received a job offer.
Apart from the initial waiting stage the whole process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have overcome a problem.   Answer Question
  • Name an occasion when someone else has been reliant on your skills or knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship so negotiation was not appropriate

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2010.

Interview Details – Well same behavioral questions....but the problem was with the interviewer....she ws not very understanding....I was from a Product Managment background and she was from Supply Chain....she wasnt able to completely understand what I was saying and then ended up saying "what was the big deal in work u did"....later I discovered that she we as a hardcore feminist and she perhaps did not appreciate my role in past projects and in teams.....

Interview Question – So why do you think you are a genius?   View Answer

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2011.

Interview Details – 1 application online, 1 test online, 1 test in the office, 1 1:1 interview, 1 panel discussion with 3 people

Interview Question – To provide an example and from college and describe in details situation when I've been a leader of some group and convince them to do something they initially did not want to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiatons

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at a national career fair. Spoke at length with one lady who took my resume and told me to apply online and return the next day. Was scheduled for an interview that same day. Interview was basic behavioral, a lot of questions exactly from this webpage which was cool. Interviewer was sort of uncaring/condescending and I do not know why.

Interview Question – Tell me more about your independent research.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview process with P&G was incredibly easy going. A preview night the evening before interviews revealed that the interview would be entirely behavioral, conversational, and easy-going, which it most certainly was. Interviewers were incredibly relatable and fun to be around. Second-round interviews were composed of some of the same questions as the first round, but interviewers encouraged the use of the same answers since they were obviously good enough to get you in a second time. Unfortunately, my experience with the interview process ended after the second round, but I would definitely try again. I felt at home with the people in which I interacted.

A word of advice on the pre-interview exam - study! You can find practice tests online and on the P&G website. Take them in the exact environment in which you plan to take the real test. Your first time through, take it untamed and then time yourself each following time. If you can get yourself thinking creatively and analytically ahead of time, you will be much better off for the real deal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you used different pieces of information to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for a summer internship in Paris online. After the online tests, I had one phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. After that I went to P&G to pass a written test. Following the test, I had 2 more phone/video conference interviews lasting about 1 hour each, all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you used your personal expertise to solve a problem   Answer Question