Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

Interview

Initial stages are online assestments. When you passed, you fill in a form about the different questions relating to success drivers. Initial interview is a basic one lasting half hour with a HR manager. 2nd and 3rd interview are more comprehensive lasting an hour each with a Senior manager. 4th Interview (final) is with a director of the department u want.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Questions

• Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2012.

Interview

Complete a series of online application which includes submitting resume or addtional documents.given a link to comple online assessment centre which includes success driver, reasoning test. Later on will be contacted to go down for another round of reasoning test in person. Finally the interview notice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Online resume and assessment test, telephone interview, written aptitude test, final round 2-1 interview on-site. You are given the opportunity to interact with P&G employees from a variety of functions within the department that you applied for. Show leadership, passion and agility. Show that you are willing to invest your efforts long-term in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with conflicting data   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation structure is extremely competitive, and I saw no need to negotiate further

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

1 Online Reasoning Test, 1 Test in P&G, 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, but do expect many behavioral questions for all rounds of interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Bucharest (Romania)) in March 2011.

Interview

First of all, you need to pass the online assessment center tests. They will require around 2h30 minutes because you have to both introduce all the details, reply to ~60 questions about yourself and past experiences and then, you have 2 IQ tests. After this stage, if successful, you are going for a live test, reasoning test (math type) of 60 minutes. Last stage is 3 interviews, not necessarily the same day.

Interview Questions

• What was my hardest decision and why. Of course, it's recommendable to be related to a work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as I was an intern.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)).

Interview

First i took a test of math, sequences and understanding they told me i didn't pass the test but 4 months later they called me and they told that i got an interview with the HR the interview lasted an hour they pretty much wanted to know about me, my skills and how i managed difficult situations. Then i waited about ten minutes; and they told me i had made it to the second round interview and that we would call me to make an appointment.

Interview Questions

• We were in an open space, where we were able see our surroundings, they asked me that if the place were full how many parking spaces would be needed.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in January 2013.

Interview

After CV processing, you have to do reasoning test. Next, there will be 3 interviews with managers. They are all about competency-based interview. Each lasts about 45 to 60 min. All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.

Interview Questions

• All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)).

Interview

First of all, I took the psychotechnic test online. The results came by email in about 5 days, but they can take up to 7 days to come in. As a recommendation, you can ask for your results at their recruitment page, corresponding to which country you're applying, at Facebook. The time that it takes to get the results is independent of the results. Afterwards, I had to take the reasoning test at their headquarters. The test isn't extremely difficult, but the time constraint is a problem. Their test sample online only shows how the questions will be in principle and teach you how to answer them, but in no way reflects the real difficulty of the test. A calculator is as important as a pencil to take the test. Wrong questions are not penalized, so answer as much as you can. The results took about 7 days to come in by email. If positive, they'll contact you later for your initial interview. They called me from HR to schedule the initial interview. In the interview, all their questions were behavioral. They look for past behavior to predict future behavior, and will ask you about your past successes. They also look how you fare against their Success Drivers, and your integrity. In my case, the questions were made by a panel of 2 in a round table. They were extremely nice and polite. The interview was more of a conversation, I was asked about 12 general behavioral questions, but there were more questions regarding the answer that I gave to them. I strongly recommend answering with the CAR method. The interview lasted more than an hour, and I enjoyed it every moment of it. You can ask about the company at the end of the interview, but it is absolutely prohibited to talk about salary or benefits, or any kind of negotiation, as they said to me. They will grade you, and compare you to other applicants, but this always happens in each step of the process If successful, between 1 - 2 weeks you'll receive an email notifying you if you go to the "Final Interview" (which is not always final, as told by my interviewers). I'm currently at this step; I cannot confirm or deny anything more. If I recieve an offer or not, I will edit this interview. I hope my experience helps you in your application process. My general recommendations: * This process has to be taken seriously. It demands a thorough research of yourself and them. In my honest opinion, it takes a long time, but in the end, worth it. * You are always compared to others in each step of the process. Prepare accordingly. * P&G literally tell you what they want from you. Research about them and their working culture as much as you can.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I got in touch with P&G through a career fair at my university. I had an interview on campus, then a phone interview, and finally, I was flown out to OH for an in-person panel interview. It was an interesting and challenging process, and I felt like a lot of their "paper" interview questions were extremely similar to one another. However, they were extremely thorough and their employees were very kind and understanding. One was not even thrilled about having to ask the repetitive questions. Usually they give you an answer (at least for internships) after your interview in OH, but in my case they had to wait a few days and deliberate. In the end, I got the job for the summer and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What problems did you encounter while working with a group and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question