Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 8, 2014

3.4

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2013.

First of all, candidates need to fill out an application online, which is replied to after a brief period of time. Following is a logical test, which is taken at P&G office, where numerical and grammatical questions are asked. Successful completion guarantees an interview, which is comprised of four steps. Successful performance in each interview gets candidates one step closer to receiving a job.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were basic, asking about personal skills and abilities. A few times, I was asked to recall a story, where certain qualities were demonstrated, like leadership skills, efficiency, team working abilities, or successful performance under pressure. The most unexpected question was asked about my personal weaknesses.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Long and challenging interview process, but also a big learning experience. The P&G hiring system is well built up, each step is a new challenge. I couldn't say any of the steps were easy. The HR people and interviewers were very respectful and kind, had really good questions. Their main goal is to get to know you better, the questions were about myself and my way of thinking, or my possible reactions in a given situation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with us, besides money?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied online through the P&G website and University Recruiting. Completed the pre-screening questionnaire. Was preselected for a recruitment dinner prior to the career fair and spoke with current employees. Spoke to them at the career fair the following day briefly. Attended an on-campus interview and selected for second round on-site interview. Stayed in Iowa City and went to dinner with newer employees the night prior. Went to breakfast with my on-campus interviewer. The following day, I took the IQ exam and went through two 1 on 1 interviews, a plant tour, Q&A sessions, and final interview to wrap up the day and deliver the results. Very efficient process and people were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Math questions, reading comprehension questions, IQ test, previous experience questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Initial SAT type exam, not very difficult. Then an interview with junior manager, they try to find a general fit to the culture. After that a final interview with senior manager. They were very harsh and focused solely on negative side of my CV.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I took the IQ test and had a 2:1 interview in the same day. Make sure to have a lot of leadership..Get a good night rest before the interview and eat a healthy breakfast because you are going to need the brain power :-)

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had limited resources to solve a problem? They asked this question twice in a different format.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

personalty test, reasoning test, personal interview

Interview Questions
    • all questions were about giving an example from life, doesnt has to be from past work experince, about the core values of the company. leadership, solving problems, using limited resources...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2011.

1 application online, 1 test online, 1 test in the office, 1 1:1 interview, 1 panel discussion with 3 people

Interview Questions
    • To provide an example and from college and describe in details situation when I've been a leader of some group and convince them to do something they initially did not want to do.   Answer Question
    no negotiatons

Intern Interview

The interview process was halted by some unspecified issue in a preliminary "test".

Interview Questions
    • The test portion was unclear and prevented an interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

First stage - paper based test testing logical thinking and analytical and critical reasoning
    Second stage - interview with HR - largely motivational questions, past experience, personality, etc
    Third stage - interview with marketing director - the same as HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2013.

All P&G career applications involve a personality test, reasoning test (structured somewhat like a very short IQ test which you can't really prepare for), and interviews. I first applied to the FACT program, which is a week long P&G "boot camp" with the finance, accounting, and tax department, where prospective interns familiarize themselves with different lines, the company as a whole, and life in Cincinnati. You are also given the opportunity to network with new hires, current interns, and upper management, including the CFO. On the last day, you are given another reasoning test (to make sure you didn't cheat on your FACT application), and back to back interviews. Before your interview you will receive plenty of guidance from P&G employees, who will give you tips and cheer you on as you approach your interview date.

The interviews themselves are generally very casual and friendly, although it really depends on the interviewer, like any company. Interviews are completely behavioral, and interviewers are given a list of questions they could ask you. They take notes based on attributes that they are testing you for: "Power of mind", "Power of people", and "Power of agility." Some are more conversational and try to make the interview as easy as possible for you, and others are the opposite. All interviewers expect you to answer questions in the "CAR" format, which stands for Context, Action, Result. This implies a brief explanation of your experience, what you personally have done to solve the problem, and what the result was. Examples can be drawn from school, previous employment experiences, volunteer opportunities, and even personal anecdotes.

Afterwards, it took about 2 weeks before they called me to give me an offer, which is contingent upon a successful hair follicle drug screen, background check, and medical examination. The process after the offer can take several months depending on human resources (I received and accepted my offer 2 months ago and still have not received details on the contingencies), but the full internship assignment complete with manager, role, and brand will be given several months before the start of the internship. You do get to preference a brand and role for your internship, but past interns say that your position is mostly dependent on business need, not your preference. P&G offers more flexibility with full time offers, though. Current employees will contact you and make themselves available after your offer acceptance if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a pivotal moment in your life and how it has changed you.   View Answer
    P&G does not negotiate. Take it or leave it.