Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.4

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

2 interviews in total. One 1-on-1 and One 2-on-1. The order is not fixed. Both interviews are competencies based.

Before the first interview, you will need to do a numerical, verbal and logical test on paper. If you pass on the day, you will be invited to the interview straight away.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

First i took a test of math, sequences and understanding they told me i didn't pass the test but 4 months later they called me and they told that i got an interview with the HR the interview lasted an hour they pretty much wanted to know about me, my skills and how i managed difficult situations. Then i waited about ten minutes; and they told me i had made it to the second round interview and that we would call me to make an appointment.

Interview Questions
    • We were in an open space, where we were able see our surroundings, they asked me that if the place were full how many parking spaces would be needed.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2011.

First of all, you need to pass the online assessment center tests. They will require around 2h30 minutes because you have to both introduce all the details, reply to ~60 questions about yourself and past experiences and then, you have 2 IQ tests. After this stage, if successful, you are going for a live test, reasoning test (math type) of 60 minutes. Last stage is 3 interviews, not necessarily the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What was my hardest decision and why. Of course, it's recommendable to be related to a work experience.   View Answer
    No negotiation as I was an intern.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

I applied online which included a personality test and was then asked to come in for further testing - verbal reasoning, numerical etc which was held at a University campus. After this I was invited to a final round interview with one senior manager and two other team members at the P&G head office.

In the interview they ONLY asked behavioural questions and they were all very similar. Have PLENTY of examples ready for very generic behavioural questions. No technical questions, no questions in relation to P&G, just behavioural.

After the interview I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. After over a month I had not heard anything, tried to email to follow up and got no response, called, left a message and finally a week later I was given a quick call to inform that I hadn't gone through, no feedback provided.

I found the long waiting period and lack or response very frustrating. I was also surprised that I was not required to do any phone or 1:1 interviews before final round.

Interview Questions
    • all behavioural example questions that were very similar to each other   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

First of all, I took the psychotechnic test online. The results came by email in about 5 days, but they can take up to 7 days to come in. As a recommendation, you can ask for your results at their recruitment page, corresponding to which country you're applying, at Facebook. The time that it takes to get the results is independent of the results.

Afterwards, I had to take the reasoning test at their headquarters. The test isn't extremely difficult, but the time constraint is a problem. Their test sample online only shows how the questions will be in principle and teach you how to answer them, but in no way reflects the real difficulty of the test. A calculator is as important as a pencil to take the test. Wrong questions are not penalized, so answer as much as you can. The results took about 7 days to come in by email. If positive, they'll contact you later for your initial interview.

They called me from HR to schedule the initial interview. In the interview, all their questions were behavioral. They look for past behavior to predict future behavior, and will ask you about your past successes. They also look how you fare against their Success Drivers, and your integrity. In my case, the questions were made by a panel of 2 in a round table. They were extremely nice and polite. The interview was more of a conversation, I was asked about 12 general behavioral questions, but there were more questions regarding the answer that I gave to them. I strongly recommend answering with the CAR method. The interview lasted more than an hour, and I enjoyed it every moment of it. You can ask about the company at the end of the interview, but it is absolutely prohibited to talk about salary or benefits, or any kind of negotiation, as they said to me. They will grade you, and compare you to other applicants, but this always happens in each step of the process
    If successful, between 1 - 2 weeks you'll receive an email notifying you if you go to the "Final Interview" (which is not always final, as told by my interviewers). I'm currently at this step; I cannot confirm or deny anything more. If I recieve an offer or not, I will edit this interview.

I hope my experience helps you in your application process.

My general recommendations:

* This process has to be taken seriously. It demands a thorough research of yourself and them. In my honest opinion, it takes a long time, but in the end, worth it.

* You are always compared to others in each step of the process. Prepare accordingly.

* P&G literally tell you what they want from you. Research about them and their working culture as much as you can.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanoi (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2013.

After CV processing, you have to do reasoning test. Next, there will be 3 interviews with managers. They are all about competency-based interview. Each lasts about 45 to 60 min. All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

After the online assessment, I physically visited P&G for a written test of 65 minutes, 40 questions (3 sections: numerical, critical reasoning and logic).

After successful completition I was invited to a telephone interview. The interview was conducted by two executives, the Financial executive and the Supply Chain .

They asked several questions. We spent 90 minutes on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me for several STAR examples. Be sure to have about 15 examples on why you are a good candidate. IMPORTANT: Procter & Gamble is looking for evidence of what they call “Success Drivers”.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

1 Online Reasoning Test, 1 Test in P&G, 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, but do expect many behavioral questions for all rounds of interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

First I had an online managing test, then intelligent test in HQ. After that there was a telephone call asking about my experience in project managment. Last and most important step is interview with three managers asking about your real situations in project managements - both university and professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you failed in project and how you make it up.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Initial screening interview on campus. Second behavioral interview on campus - more formal. Final interview on site

No negotiations