Procter & Gamble

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Average Difficulty
81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online which included a personality test and was then asked to come in for further testing - verbal reasoning, numerical etc which was held at a University campus. After this I was invited to a final round interview with one senior manager and two other team members at the P&G head office.

In the interview they ONLY asked behavioural questions and they were all very similar. Have PLENTY of examples ready for very generic behavioural questions. No technical questions, no questions in relation to P&G, just behavioural.

After the interview I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. After over a month I had not heard anything, tried to email to follow up and got no response, called, left a message and finally a week later I was given a quick call to inform that I hadn't gone through, no feedback provided.

I found the long waiting period and lack or response very frustrating. I was also surprised that I was not required to do any phone or 1:1 interviews before final round.

Interview Question – all behavioural example questions that were very similar to each other   Answer Question

Intern
Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – First of all, I took the psychotechnic test online. The results came by email in about 5 days, but they can take up to 7 days to come in. As a recommendation, you can ask for your results at their recruitment page, corresponding to which country you're applying, at Facebook. The time that it takes to get the results is independent of the results.

Afterwards, I had to take the reasoning test at their headquarters. The test isn't extremely difficult, but the time constraint is a problem. Their test sample online only shows how the questions will be in principle and teach you how to answer them, but in no way reflects the real difficulty of the test. A calculator is as important as a pencil to take the test. Wrong questions are not penalized, so answer as much as you can. The results took about 7 days to come in by email. If positive, they'll contact you later for your initial interview.

They called me from HR to schedule the initial interview. In the interview, all their questions were behavioral. They look for past behavior to predict future behavior, and will ask you about your past successes. They also look how you fare against their Success Drivers, and your integrity. In my case, the questions were made by a panel of 2 in a round table. They were extremely nice and polite. The interview was more of a conversation, I was asked about 12 general behavioral questions, but there were more questions regarding the answer that I gave to them. I strongly recommend answering with the CAR method. The interview lasted more than an hour, and I enjoyed it every moment of it. You can ask about the company at the end of the interview, but it is absolutely prohibited to talk about salary or benefits, or any kind of negotiation, as they said to me. They will grade you, and compare you to other applicants, but this always happens in each step of the process
If successful, between 1 - 2 weeks you'll receive an email notifying you if you go to the "Final Interview" (which is not always final, as told by my interviewers). I'm currently at this step; I cannot confirm or deny anything more. If I recieve an offer or not, I will edit this interview.

I hope my experience helps you in your application process.

My general recommendations:

* This process has to be taken seriously. It demands a thorough research of yourself and them. In my honest opinion, it takes a long time, but in the end, worth it.

* You are always compared to others in each step of the process. Prepare accordingly.

* P&G literally tell you what they want from you. Research about them and their working culture as much as you can.

Interview Question – What was the hardest decision that you ever made?   Answer Question

Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2013.

Interview Details – After CV processing, you have to do reasoning test. Next, there will be 3 interviews with managers. They are all about competency-based interview. Each lasts about 45 to 60 min. All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.

Interview Question – All questions are about your past experience to find your successful characteristic so it is expect able, but you need to provide a lot of examples.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – After the online assessment, I physically visited P&G for a written test of 65 minutes, 40 questions (3 sections: numerical, critical reasoning and logic).

After successful completition I was invited to a telephone interview. The interview was conducted by two executives, the Financial executive and the Supply Chain .

They asked several questions. We spent 90 minutes on the phone.

Interview Question – They asked me for several STAR examples. Be sure to have about 15 examples on why you are a good candidate. IMPORTANT: Procter & Gamble is looking for evidence of what they call “Success Drivers”.   Answer Question

Intern

Interview Details – 1 Online Reasoning Test, 1 Test in P&G, 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult, but do expect many behavioral questions for all rounds of interview   Answer Question

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – First I had an online managing test, then intelligent test in HQ. After that there was a telephone call asking about my experience in project managment. Last and most important step is interview with three managers asking about your real situations in project managements - both university and professionals.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you failed in project and how you make it up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial screening interview on campus. Second behavioral interview on campus - more formal. Final interview on site

Interview Question – Tell us about a project where you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Online Application - includes a personality and iQ test
2. First interview with two co-workers
Very simple questions. Mostly situational questions like "when was a time when you took leadership in a project" etc.
3. Second Interview with two department managers
Harder questions. It is obvious that they focused on questions I didn't answer that well in the first interview.

Interview Question – Questions were all simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2012.

Interview Details – Complete a series of online application which includes submitting resume or addtional documents.given a link to comple online assessment centre which includes success driver, reasoning test. Later on will be contacted to go down for another round of reasoning test in person. Finally the interview notice.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview went really smooth. The people from P&G are trying to get to know you and will help you on the way. The questions they asked were more focused onto discovering my character rather than to see how much you know.

Interview Question – Tell me of something you've done that without you having done it, would have never been done.   Answer Question