Procter & Gamble

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
80 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Swābi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2012.

Interview Details – Conducted on-campus entrance test that consisted of simple IQ test related to arithmetic, pattern solving, comprehension questions as well as english vocabulary. It was then followed by screening interviews of about 20 mins and then detailed 3,4 interviews each of 60 minutes duration.

Interview Question – Tell us a situation when you had to improvise for having any resources to do a particular job   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Go to the career fair and talk to then if you can, or you can just apply online. The interviews are behavior based. They give you a outline before the interview. Study it and prepare.

Interview Question – Lots of the questions are similar, so make sure don't repeat your answers too much   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – phone interview. felt like it went well, but never heard back

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Crailsheim (Germany)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting your application, you'll be asked to take a diagrammatic test online. For people who aren't really in touch with this sort of tests, some preparation might be required. There's a time limit of about 40 seconds "per question". Based on whether you fit the job profile and your test scores, the company will contact you in about 2 weeks.

The selection process at the company consisted of two interviews and a basic IQ (sort of) test. First up was the interview wit two interviewers. the interview lasted a while but there weren't really any difficult question posed. All the question were based on either my CV or the P&G Success Drivers. This was followed by the test. The test isn't exactly tough. But still one should practise a bit for it. A sample test is available on the website and serves as a good basis. There are 40 questions divided into three sections. I was told that I had to get at least 26 answers correct in order to "pass". There is no sectional cut-off. So choose the sections you feel most comfortable with and tackle the questions there first. Based on my performance in the first interview and the test, I was informed that I would be interviewed a second time. The interview was along the same lines as the first one, but this time the interviewers went into detail as regards what I'd done. I had to almost recall individual projects I had been a member of at the spot.

Here are some tips that might help with preparations for the interview process:
1. Practise the sort of questions as asked in the test as much as you can.
2. Go through all reviews on Glassdoor and make a list of the interview questions. That should more thn suffice for the interview.
3. Know yourself and your CV inside out.

The test should normally be taken in your native language. Since the test was not available in my native language, I was asked to take the test in a language I'm most comfortable in. I chose English and was given 15 additional minutes to complete the test.

Interview Question – There were two questions basically:
1. The interviewer placed 3-4 cups of various sizes and shapes before me and asked what the biggest problem would be in producing them on the same production line. (This is relevant to my job since I'll be working in the manufacturing division)
2. I was asked a question regarding a current problem the company is facing - it was related to lot sizes, production planning, etc. (I am not sure if I can state the actual question here. But those are braid categories it was related to)
  View Answer

State College, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

Interview Details – First there was a series of online assements including a personality test and logic test. The logic test was somewhat challenging. The logic test included questions that were reasoning and abstract thinking problems. The next step is an interview. Mine was a one on one interview that dealt with mostly behavioral questions. It was a low stress interview and not that challenging. The final step was a day visit at the plant site. This had a 2 on 1 interview which I found pretty difficult. This had some repeated behavioral questions but also included more questions revolving around experiences and giving examples of life experiences.

Interview Question – Name a time when you given an unexpected change to a project you were working on last minute. Also, how did you proceed to adapt your plan of action and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted the internship on the spot.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – It is a three step process. The first interview is very difficult and requires a lot of thinking on your feet. The do not ask the typical questions. After an online portion there is another in person interview. Thisis more of determining if you are a good fit for the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you and a coworker have not gotten along.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was non negotiable.

Very Difficult Interview

Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2012.

Interview Details – P&G has a centralized hiring system, a web-site, where one can apply for any position in the world. In order to apply one needs first to create an account and enter personal info including contacts, backgrounds, CV, etc. The further step is online motivation test. Once a person passes it he/she receives an invitation for an offline reasoning test. There also can be the third test but I never had it. Deending on the position the two latter tests are optional. After that a candidate goes through a series of two interviews and a game. If a person succeeds the only thing left is a job offer. This is tough but it's worth it.

Interview Question – Why didn't you work during first three years of Bachelor studies?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2008.

Interview Details – P&G's recruitment process comprises of an online application, reasoning test screening interview and comprehensive interviews. Generally, three example-based interviews are conducted which all need to be cleared in order to get an internship/job offer. Most offers are made to former interns & join at entry level due to the 'Grow from within' ideology.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult decision in your life?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2012.

Interview Details – They first took an on-line evaluation....which i cleared...then a aptitude test at the university campus........Then they took the first interview which was a behavioural type..After that 3 more interviews.......

Interview Question – Describe your life changing decisions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2010.

Interview Details – I went to an inhouse workshop at P&G near Frankfurt. After two days of P&G presentations and talks (Hotel and expenses were paid for by P&G) we were interviewed seperatly by three P&G Managers. The questions were only about one's personalty and experiences. There were no business related questions asked. I got my offer about one week after the interviews

Interview Question – When did you lead a team?   Answer Question