Procter & Gamble

Updated Jan 12, 2015

3.3

98 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

First of all, I took the psychotechnic test online. The results came by email in about 5 days, but they can take up to 7 days to come in. As a recommendation, you can ask for your results at their recruitment page, corresponding to which country you're applying, at Facebook. The time that it takes to get the results is independent of the results.

Afterwards, I had to take the reasoning test at their headquarters. The test isn't extremely difficult, but the time constraint is a problem. Their test sample online only shows how the questions will be in principle and teach you how to answer them, but in no way reflects the real difficulty of the test. A calculator is as important as a pencil to take the test. Wrong questions are not penalized, so answer as much as you can. The results took about 7 days to come in by email. If positive, they'll contact you later for your initial interview.

They called me from HR to schedule the initial interview. In the interview, all their questions were behavioral. They look for past behavior to predict future behavior, and will ask you about your past successes. They also look how you fare against their Success Drivers, and your integrity. In my case, the questions were made by a panel of 2 in a round table. They were extremely nice and polite. The interview was more of a conversation, I was asked about 12 general behavioral questions, but there were more questions regarding the answer that I gave to them. I strongly recommend answering with the CAR method. The interview lasted more than an hour, and I enjoyed it every moment of it. You can ask about the company at the end of the interview, but it is absolutely prohibited to talk about salary or benefits, or any kind of negotiation, as they said to me. They will grade you, and compare you to other applicants, but this always happens in each step of the process
If successful, between 1 - 2 weeks you'll receive an email notifying you if you go to the "Final Interview" (which is not always final, as told by my interviewers). I'm currently at this step; I cannot confirm or deny anything more. If I recieve an offer or not, I will edit this interview.

I hope my experience helps you in your application process.

My general recommendations:

* This process has to be taken seriously. It demands a thorough research of yourself and them. In my honest opinion, it takes a long time, but in the end, worth it.

* You are always compared to others in each step of the process. Prepare accordingly.

* P&G literally tell you what they want from you. Research about them and their working culture as much as you can.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2013.

First of all, candidates need to fill out an application online, which is replied to after a brief period of time. Following is a logical test, which is taken at P&G office, where numerical and grammatical questions are asked. Successful completion guarantees an interview, which is comprised of four steps. Successful performance in each interview gets candidates one step closer to receiving a job.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were basic, asking about personal skills and abilities. A few times, I was asked to recall a story, where certain qualities were demonstrated, like leadership skills, efficiency, team working abilities, or successful performance under pressure. The most unexpected question was asked about my personal weaknesses.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2013.

First there is an aptitude test. If you clear that, you reach Screening Interview Phase. If you clear that, then you are eligible for three comprehensive interviews. After that, result is being announced on the basis of your performance. Interviews may be face to face, or telephony. The interviews are situation based.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

1 Online Reasoning Test, 1 Test in P&G, 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, but do expect many behavioral questions for all rounds of interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

After the online assessment, I physically visited P&G for a written test of 65 minutes, 40 questions (3 sections: numerical, critical reasoning and logic).

After successful completition I was invited to a telephone interview. The interview was conducted by two executives, the Financial executive and the Supply Chain .

They asked several questions. We spent 90 minutes on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me for several STAR examples. Be sure to have about 15 examples on why you are a good candidate. IMPORTANT: Procter & Gamble is looking for evidence of what they call “Success Drivers”.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

First I had an online managing test, then intelligent test in HQ. After that there was a telephone call asking about my experience in project managment. Last and most important step is interview with three managers asking about your real situations in project managements - both university and professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you failed in project and how you make it up.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

I applied online which included a personality test and was then asked to come in for further testing - verbal reasoning, numerical etc which was held at a University campus. After this I was invited to a final round interview with one senior manager and two other team members at the P&G head office.

In the interview they ONLY asked behavioural questions and they were all very similar. Have PLENTY of examples ready for very generic behavioural questions. No technical questions, no questions in relation to P&G, just behavioural.

After the interview I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. After over a month I had not heard anything, tried to email to follow up and got no response, called, left a message and finally a week later I was given a quick call to inform that I hadn't gone through, no feedback provided.

I found the long waiting period and lack or response very frustrating. I was also surprised that I was not required to do any phone or 1:1 interviews before final round.

Interview Questions
    • all behavioural example questions that were very similar to each other   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

First stage - paper based test testing logical thinking and analytical and critical reasoning
    Second stage - interview with HR - largely motivational questions, past experience, personality, etc
    Third stage - interview with marketing director - the same as HR

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2013.

1. Online Application - includes a personality and iQ test
    2. First interview with two co-workers
    Very simple questions. Mostly situational questions like "when was a time when you took leadership in a project" etc.
    3. Second Interview with two department managers
    Harder questions. It is obvious that they focused on questions I didn't answer that well in the first interview.

No Negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2013.

Online resume and assessment test, telephone interview, written aptitude test, final round 2-1 interview on-site. You are given the opportunity to interact with P&G employees from a variety of functions within the department that you applied for.

Show leadership, passion and agility. Show that you are willing to invest your efforts long-term in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with conflicting data   Answer Question
    The compensation structure is extremely competitive, and I saw no need to negotiate further