Procter & Gamble

Updated Jan 29, 2015
1,022 Interview Reviews

3.4

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied through campus recruiting. Entire process took about a month - includes 2 one-hour behavioral based interviews (use CAR format responses - context, action, result) and then two technical aptitdude testing exams. One online, one paper form. First round was a phone interview, one on two, they asked about 7 questions in total with many follow up questions to initial response. Second round was also a one on two, I couldn't make it to their office so it was video conferencing. Style was identical to the first round but with more senior people

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straightforward - name an instance when you had difficulty working with a team member, how did you deal with it? Name an instance when you had to pull data from multiple source to drive a decision.   Answer Question

Salary was below expectations

Process Management Interview

Have an online Reasoning and Behavioral test of average difficulty. Followed by phone interview, and on site panel interview. The onsite interview also consists of a test similar to the initial stage skills test.
    Typical interview questions like strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a conflict you had with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

I interviewed on their website. They contacted me for a Reasoning Test in the office. The test contained 3 parts: Language, Math and Logic. If you are selected, they will send you a sample to practice. Then I was called for a super day. I had a first interview with a HR person then right after another interview with the head of HR. Both interviews were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • All fit questions, nothing unexpected. Logical part of the reasoning test was quite difficult but very feasible.   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Very long and difficult process. There was a lot of difficult questions but they are all manageable. They want you to define the process you took and the outcome of the process. Pretty straight forward.

ELITE 2015 Camp Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I got an email saying that I would be a good candidate to apply for this program. I applied through P&G's website and did their online application and tests. There was an information session introducing the company, but I never went to it and received the powerpoint that they used for the information session. Then I got an interview. It was only one interview. The interviewee did go through the process of how the interview will go and explained the format of how I should give the answers. It's Context, Action, and Results. It lasted about an hour. After a few weeks I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • It was a lot of typical questions like tell me about yourself and how you work in a team.   View Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Attending the Pre-MBA ABM camp in Cincinatti. I completed the online application. Once I got through that, I received a email for assessment test. I took 2 tests:?1 behavioral and 1 analytical.

Was scheduled for a 30 minute interview. Interview went well. Received an offer to attend the camp.

The Camp was good but I did not like the culture. Everyone spoke the same and seemed very robotic.

MBA Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

I was told I did not have an interview through my school system weeks in advance. The night before the "pre-night" networking event I got a late email inviting me to interview in two days. It was pretty unprofessional.

Took an online intelligence test of some sort that supposedly only 15% of people pass. There was also a personal test asking a lot of questions about leadership that took about an hour. The first round interview was a night of drinks followed by a first round interview that was entirely personal. I was only asked about 5-6 questions(typical fluffy leadership questions). I was then asked what my questions were for them. I did not get a 2nd round interview and I am not even sure they intended on hiring anybody.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straightforward. I think the difficulty was figuring out what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2014.

Filled out initial application, completed online tests, two in-person interviews with R&D Director and Project Manager, Reasoning Exam, interview day consisting of many project discussions, meeting with HR, facilities tour, lunch, more project discussions, 90 minute interview with panel of 3.

Interview Questions
    • A time you had to accomplish a task with limited resources.   Answer Question
    • A time you had an issue with someone of a different culture. How did you go on to work cohesively with him/her?   Answer Question
    • A time you used pop culture to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • All questions were listed on preceding 15 pages of interview experiences   Answer Question
    No negotiation is permitted by P&G. Discussed with HR on interview day. Starting salary is above average. After 6 months salary increase may be negotiated depending on performance and previous work experience.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Submit Resume online even if you went to college career fair, online leadership/personality test that is long, which must be taken seriously, 2 on-site interviews, offer dependent on various factors

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Questions on how you dealt with difficult situations.   Answer Question
    They said they do not negotiate salary. I later found out that this was not true. You can negotiate.

R&D Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I first heard about the opportunity through recruiters at my college. I became extremely interested in the position, so I applied online that night. The online application had a success drivers assessment to see how I acted in the workplace, and also a reasoning test to see if I was able to think in a way in which I would be successful at the company. About 2 days later, I received an email saying that I passed the two tests and that they would like to move forward with the interview process. I signed up for an interview time that was one week later and on campus.
    The first interview was very laid back with two people from P&G who were campus recruiters. The interview was much like a conversation, where they were just trying to get a look into my mind. They asked me a ton of behavioral based questions, and always wanted me to expand on my initial answers. I prepared a TON for this interview, so I would recommend doing the same. Also, have a bunch of questions ready to ask them. This interview lasted about an hour, and they told me I would her back shortly.
    The next morning, I heard back and they told me that they would fly me to Cincinnati for my second and final interview. I flew out to Cincinnati about 3 weeks after my initial interview. When I got there, I had a "day host" who showed me around the city, took me out to a nice restaurant, answered all of the questions I had about the internship, and calmed my nerves for my interview the next day.
    My day host picked me up from the hotel the next morning and brought me to P&G's office, where all of the students interviewing that day would eat breakfast together. We then took another reasoning test, but this time on paper. The test was pretty long and more difficult than the one online.
    After the test, each student was placed with their own panel of 3 people higher up in the company to interview with. This interview was very similar to the initial interview, being mostly behavioral based questions. Some of the questions were hard and made you really think, but if you prepare enough you should be fine. Everyone in my panel was super laid back and tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible, which really helped calm my nerves and interview to the best of my ability. This interview was about an hour and 15 minutes.
    After the interview, we got a tour of the labs and were able to talk to previous interns about their projects that they worked on as interns and the projects that they were working on at the time as full-time employees. That was a cool experience because we really got an inside look at the company.
    I was made an informal offer that same afternoon, and then I accepted my offer about a week later through email. The process was smooth and painless.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you like machines, and tell me about a time when you showed you were fascinated with machines.   Answer Question