Procter & Gamble

870 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – It starts with the "on line test". Do not take this lightly! It evaluates your reasoning skills and your potential as a manager/leader. If you fail the test, your interviewing process stops before it starts. And you will have to wait another year before you can take it again!
Since I was an experienced candidate (not a right-out-of-college grad), I did an initial phone interview, then I was asked to do a site interview. I was flown out to the site, did a series of 1:1 conversations with other managers (including breakfast and lunch), then was given a tour (where I asked lots of questions), then a 2:1 interview with the plant manager and one of the Ops Manager. Within one hour, I was given an offer (a letter stating my salary). Interestingly they knew there wasn't an immediate opening just yet, so I had to agree that I would be ok not knowing my exact position until I started my employment. (2 months later). I stated that I" understand", and that I would let them know my decision within two days. From there I did a drug test, and flew home. The whole process from start to finish was 4 weeks, and overall I think it was very fair and well executed.

Interview Question – So why do you want to work for P&G manufacturing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The offer is the offer.

Legal Manager, Global Litigation and Dispute Resolution Interview

Legal Manager, Global Litigation and Dispute Resolution

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Applied online and had to take several online tests. Once through this phase, the Interview process was detailed and included meeting with several managers in a panel and then a 1:1 to interview with actual hiring manager. Took approximately 3 months to get through the process and receive an offer.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation was required on the part of the hiring manager with HR on my behalf.

Customer Business Development Interview

Customer Business Development

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – The whole process took 3 weeks from start to finish. The interview was all behavior based questions. I think I lost the job only because the other girl knew someone that worked there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview process with P&G was incredibly easy going. A preview night the evening before interviews revealed that the interview would be entirely behavioral, conversational, and easy-going, which it most certainly was. Interviewers were incredibly relatable and fun to be around. Second-round interviews were composed of some of the same questions as the first round, but interviewers encouraged the use of the same answers since they were obviously good enough to get you in a second time. Unfortunately, my experience with the interview process ended after the second round, but I would definitely try again. I felt at home with the people in which I interacted.

A word of advice on the pre-interview exam - study! You can find practice tests online and on the P&G website. Take them in the exact environment in which you plan to take the real test. Your first time through, take it untamed and then time yourself each following time. If you can get yourself thinking creatively and analytically ahead of time, you will be much better off for the real deal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you used different pieces of information to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Interview Details – There were a lot of tests prior to the first interview, and then tough but fair questions throughout the process. If you pass the assessment and 2 interviews via phone, a day visit is typically established. This is a good sign of their interest in you. The day visit typically lasts 6 hours and includes several interviews along with a tour of the work enivornment. At times you get an offer the same day, and other times it may take time for them to review other candidates before making a decision as to whether to offer.

Interview Question – What does success mean to you...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation- The offer was the offer and there was no negotiation. However, it was very fair.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Everything was extremely professional. Regular follow ups were there. I had not only a rep in HR but another ABM who was a chaser to ensure that everything went well and to address any questions or concerns I had regarding Cincinnati, the role, the brand, etc. The questions were all behavioral and expected, grounded in the company's success drivers, which are readily available. Make sure that you have scenarios that highlight your skills sets along these vectors.

Interview Question – None were difficult or unexpected - with the right preparation, i.e., knowing the success drivers and applying your life experience to them!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations but the offer was very competitive in all regards so I didn't feel a need to negotiate.

CBD Intern Interview

CBD Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online and completed two online assessments (one computer-adaptive IQ test and one non-cognitive personality assessment). A manager at P&G emailed me approximately one week later to schedule a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, I was invited for a site visit. During the site visit, I completed another IQ assessment, along with an in-person interview.

Both interviews the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result) and included questions such as "Describe a time when you've had to manage a team" . Each interview lasted approximately 1 hr. All interviewers were very personable and made me feel at ease.

Overall, the process was rigorous and time-consuming, but very well-structured.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you've had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2011.

Interview Details – Seven step process. You must pass multiple screens online before you talk to a live person. Panel interviews are very common using behavioral-based questions. Tell me about a time when.... Did you face a situation where...What was your role? What was the role of your team? Study up on the core values of the company as you will be asked about them.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest failure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No - take what they give you.

Group Finance Manager Interview

Group Finance Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online test (behavior questions and cognitive/pattern identification), Off site paper and pencil test (read comprehension, math/problem solving, and cognitive/pattern identification) in 65 minutes, 30 minute phone chat (very basic behavioral, just checking to see if you are who you say you are), then interviewed with 5 VPs in one day, most behavioral questions/ walk me through your resume. Took from February to late April to complete entire process.

Interview Question – Nothing that hard really. One interviewer played hopscotch going back and forth in time on my resume by company, role, project, to tell me a situation when..., to personal history and interests outside work, back to resume, drilled down on a project I did, to what I know about P&G, etc. Just tried to keep me off balance and see how I could handle a pressure situation. Interviewers were very nice.   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!