Procter & Gamble

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.4

MBA Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

I was told I did not have an interview through my school system weeks in advance. The night before the "pre-night" networking event I got a late email inviting me to interview in two days. It was pretty unprofessional.

Took an online intelligence test of some sort that supposedly only 15% of people pass. There was also a personal test asking a lot of questions about leadership that took about an hour. The first round interview was a night of drinks followed by a first round interview that was entirely personal. I was only asked about 5-6 questions(typical fluffy leadership questions). I was then asked what my questions were for them. I did not get a 2nd round interview and I am not even sure they intended on hiring anybody.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straightforward. I think the difficulty was figuring out what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Submit Resume online even if you went to college career fair, online leadership/personality test that is long, which must be taken seriously, 2 on-site interviews, offer dependent on various factors

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Questions on how you dealt with difficult situations.   Answer Question
    They said they do not negotiate salary. I later found out that this was not true. You can negotiate.

R&D Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I first heard about the opportunity through recruiters at my college. I became extremely interested in the position, so I applied online that night. The online application had a success drivers assessment to see how I acted in the workplace, and also a reasoning test to see if I was able to think in a way in which I would be successful at the company. About 2 days later, I received an email saying that I passed the two tests and that they would like to move forward with the interview process. I signed up for an interview time that was one week later and on campus.
    The first interview was very laid back with two people from P&G who were campus recruiters. The interview was much like a conversation, where they were just trying to get a look into my mind. They asked me a ton of behavioral based questions, and always wanted me to expand on my initial answers. I prepared a TON for this interview, so I would recommend doing the same. Also, have a bunch of questions ready to ask them. This interview lasted about an hour, and they told me I would her back shortly.
    The next morning, I heard back and they told me that they would fly me to Cincinnati for my second and final interview. I flew out to Cincinnati about 3 weeks after my initial interview. When I got there, I had a "day host" who showed me around the city, took me out to a nice restaurant, answered all of the questions I had about the internship, and calmed my nerves for my interview the next day.
    My day host picked me up from the hotel the next morning and brought me to P&G's office, where all of the students interviewing that day would eat breakfast together. We then took another reasoning test, but this time on paper. The test was pretty long and more difficult than the one online.
    After the test, each student was placed with their own panel of 3 people higher up in the company to interview with. This interview was very similar to the initial interview, being mostly behavioral based questions. Some of the questions were hard and made you really think, but if you prepare enough you should be fine. Everyone in my panel was super laid back and tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible, which really helped calm my nerves and interview to the best of my ability. This interview was about an hour and 15 minutes.
    After the interview, we got a tour of the labs and were able to talk to previous interns about their projects that they worked on as interns and the projects that they were working on at the time as full-time employees. That was a cool experience because we really got an inside look at the company.
    I was made an informal offer that same afternoon, and then I accepted my offer about a week later through email. The process was smooth and painless.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you like machines, and tell me about a time when you showed you were fascinated with machines.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I did the behavioral portion and the reasoning screening about 5 days ago. I am waiting to hear back from someone with a rejection or a chance to continue to the next step.

Consumer & Market Knowledge - Associate Manager Interview

Applied through campus recruiter who I met at a career fair and online. Recruiter called to prep me for the assessment and personality tests. Somewhat difficult personality questions asking you what you would do in certain situations. In real life I would have done 2-3 of the given options, making it hard to choose between the answers.

Interview Questions
    • If you made a mistake, would you a) apologize b) fix the mistake c) acknowledge your mistake d) e)   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

The interview process goes as follows: Online App, Short Online Reasoning Test, Round 1 Interview, Long Paper Reasoning Test, Final Round Interview

The process is not difficult, and pretty standard. Make sure you study for the test.

Interview Questions
    • The second round interview questions shift to be more specific   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

I went to a university workshop by P&G and turned in my resume/applied online (which includes a reasoning test). Within the next couple of days I received an email informing me they wanted to do a phone interview. Within the following week, the interview was conducted. Approximately 3-5 days after the interview, I was informed I made it pass the first interview and they wanted me to attend the "Super Recruiting Day." The trip was about 3-4 weeks after the phone interview (Nov 14th-15th, I think.) and they said they would have another one during December. Keep in mind, these dates were for the "Super Recruiting Days" relating to the P&G Beauty Research and Development interns. The first day we just had dinner with our day hosts. The following day, they showed us around and had a lot of work shops. We also had our interview (2-3 people interviewers per room) and retook the reasoning test. Everyone was really friendly and there was A LOT OF FOOD!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • All questions for interns will be related to your resume. Know it well!! They will throw some unexpected situation-al?/behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when ____________." Be sure to answer with CAR or STAR (same thing.) One of mine was about a time where I had to learn something difficult.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Product Supply Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied through school job board. Started with logic test that you have to take online when applying. After that I had an initial behavioral interview on campus, then flown out to Cincinnati for 2nd round interviews. They treated the interviewees extremely well, feeding us at really nice restaurants and housing us at a nice hotel. We got to tour the local facilities as well. Finally, you take another logic test for an hour and then have an interview with 1-2 upper-level management. Most people get the job once you make it to 2nd rounds.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all behavioral. The logic tests are difficult in finding certain patterns from shapes.   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear you had a positive interview experience! Our recruiting and hiring teams work really hard in hopes that this happens. While it's oftentimes a long, rigorous process, we're confident that ... More

Intern Interview

The interview was very pleasant for both positions I applied for. I did two initial interviews for two intern positions, and I'm in the process of scheduling my second round interview at one of their plants. The interviewers were all great people to talk to. Make sure to ask them about their own work and the P&G company culture- they'll have a lot of good things to say.

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your response! Our interviewers are all great people! :) Most of our interviewers are directly from the function that you are applying for, so these are potentially your future colleagues ... More

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied online through college career services and through Procter and Gamble's website. For the P&G application, took a reasoning assessment and a behavioral assessment. Got an on campus interview. Interviewed on campus with a employee from the field consisting of all behavioral questions. Waiting to hear about next steps in process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't have all the resources needed to complete and task.   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! Don't be afraid to follow up with your recruiting contact to ask when you should hear about next steps in the process. Best of luck! - Emily