Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.4

The Steps:
    1) Online cognitive assessment: both tests took around an hour and a half. The first was a fit test and the other was a cognitive assessment test.
    2) Phone Interview: just the standard fit questions, why you're interested, etc.
    3) In person interview and in person cognitive assessment: another 40 to one hour cognitive assessment

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to look up general brainteasers and practice cognitive tests ahead of time   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I talked to recruiters at the career fair in September and gave them my resume. I was told to apply online so I would be in the system. The online application involved filling out a simple Taleo form and then completing two assessments: a personality assessment and a reasoning assessment. I highly encourage people to look at the same test for the reasoning assessment and be very familiar with P&G's PVPs and whether you fit with them.

Following this, I was invited to interview at school the next month when the interviewers were coming. This interview was very behavioral, asking questions along the lines of "tell me about a time when...". Be very familiar with your resume, as they'll have a copy and will be able to know if you're not being truthful.

It was between my first interview and the second that I had a gap of about four months. I talked to my recruiter and to my interviewer, both of whom said I was at the top of the list for further consideration. In March, I was invited on-site to interview. The first night we were there, we were invited to dinner with other candidates and our interviewers (who turned out to be our bosses). The second day, we had breakfast, an introduction to the company, a tour of the building, and then an interview with two interviewers. They provide the transportation to and from the site and hotel. Any expense taken to get to the P&G site is covered, you just need to send in your receipts.

Interview Questions
    • Just all behavioral questions, nothing particularly difficult. Know your resume from start to finish.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase since it was an internship

Engineering Interview

Application process takes a fair amount of time. There are a couple of online tests at the end of the application. The first of these tests is behavioral based, and there are many questions. The next test is mathematically based, and basically asks you to find patterns between shapes and images. I was not offered an interview opportunity, and I believe I did fairly well on the mathematical test. It seems like they are looking for employees who fit a certain profile in terms of how the behavioral test questions are answered.

Interview Questions
    • If an employee is doing (something against company policy), what should you do?

There are a few multiple choice questions like this and a few of the answers seem like they would be correct for each question, so it is difficult to choose an answer.
        Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

the interview process consisted of 2 reasoning tests and 2 interviews. After passing an online reasoning test (like the SAT format) and a behavioral phone interview i took a second hour long reasoning test at the headquarters and had a final round interview asking basic behavioral questions. The reasoning test was harder than the practice questions they provide but studying extensively for the reasoning tests is not necessary.

Interview Questions
    • finding the pattern in a seemingly random assortment of shapes   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

first applied online then out of no where got an email inviting me down to their office for an assessment and interview. The assessment is ridiculously hard and the interview is all behavioral questions which can be very difficult. Other than that great people and great atmosphere, very difficult company to get in to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you applied your expertise in one field to a totally different field   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied for the R&D Engineer position at a university recruiting event. The online application involved two reasoning tests. Some questions can get tricky. Then, I got contacted for an on campus interview, which ran for about 45 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. The interviewee was very friendly and kind!

Interview Questions
    • How did you apply the knowledge you acquired in one field to a different field?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

There were two initial phone interviews and two online tests. I then interviewed at the GO in Cincinnati and was hired a few weeks later. It was a fairly average length process, but can be very long depending on the time of year that you apply for the role.

It was fairly quick. The salary was higher than my previous salary so it was an easy decision.

Brand Manager Interview

.- Hiring process is long and slow. Be patience.
    .- includes tests and several interviews, including panel with 2 or 3 managers at the same time.
    .- Be ready to answer why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • .- It needs to be clear what were the specific contributions on each accomplishment.   Answer Question
    is a big company with standard processes and salary bands, there is not much to negotiate, but it never hurts to go as high as you can.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process took about a month and included a visit to the plant where the internship would take place after the initial interview on campus. The site interview was a lot more technical as it was conducted by the engineers that were later on my managers. After the interview I took their hour long test and did a tour of the plant. The company really takes the hiring process seriously and that reflected on the quality of the new hires on the site.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you effectively developed a solution to a problem by combining different perspectives or approaches.   Answer Question

Education and Training Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It is a very long process. I first applied in person, and was called 2 weeks later for a test (behavioral questions). 2 weeks after that, I was called in for another test (technical reading). 3 more weeks go by, and I was called in for an interview. The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 managers and it lasted for about 40 minutes. Finally, I had an interview with HR where they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you found a defect and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation. The HR person was very clear in noting that it was their ONLY offer.