Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.4

R&D Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I first heard about the opportunity through recruiters at my college. I became extremely interested in the position, so I applied online that night. The online application had a success drivers assessment to see how I acted in the workplace, and also a reasoning test to see if I was able to think in a way in which I would be successful at the company. About 2 days later, I received an email saying that I passed the two tests and that they would like to move forward with the interview process. I signed up for an interview time that was one week later and on campus.
    The first interview was very laid back with two people from P&G who were campus recruiters. The interview was much like a conversation, where they were just trying to get a look into my mind. They asked me a ton of behavioral based questions, and always wanted me to expand on my initial answers. I prepared a TON for this interview, so I would recommend doing the same. Also, have a bunch of questions ready to ask them. This interview lasted about an hour, and they told me I would her back shortly.
    The next morning, I heard back and they told me that they would fly me to Cincinnati for my second and final interview. I flew out to Cincinnati about 3 weeks after my initial interview. When I got there, I had a "day host" who showed me around the city, took me out to a nice restaurant, answered all of the questions I had about the internship, and calmed my nerves for my interview the next day.
    My day host picked me up from the hotel the next morning and brought me to P&G's office, where all of the students interviewing that day would eat breakfast together. We then took another reasoning test, but this time on paper. The test was pretty long and more difficult than the one online.
    After the test, each student was placed with their own panel of 3 people higher up in the company to interview with. This interview was very similar to the initial interview, being mostly behavioral based questions. Some of the questions were hard and made you really think, but if you prepare enough you should be fine. Everyone in my panel was super laid back and tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible, which really helped calm my nerves and interview to the best of my ability. This interview was about an hour and 15 minutes.
    After the interview, we got a tour of the labs and were able to talk to previous interns about their projects that they worked on as interns and the projects that they were working on at the time as full-time employees. That was a cool experience because we really got an inside look at the company.
    I was made an informal offer that same afternoon, and then I accepted my offer about a week later through email. The process was smooth and painless.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you like machines, and tell me about a time when you showed you were fascinated with machines.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I did the behavioral portion and the reasoning screening about 5 days ago. I am waiting to hear back from someone with a rejection or a chance to continue to the next step.

Consumer & Market Knowledge - Associate Manager Interview

Applied through campus recruiter who I met at a career fair and online. Recruiter called to prep me for the assessment and personality tests. Somewhat difficult personality questions asking you what you would do in certain situations. In real life I would have done 2-3 of the given options, making it hard to choose between the answers.

Interview Questions
    • If you made a mistake, would you a) apologize b) fix the mistake c) acknowledge your mistake d) e)   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

The interview process goes as follows: Online App, Short Online Reasoning Test, Round 1 Interview, Long Paper Reasoning Test, Final Round Interview

The process is not difficult, and pretty standard. Make sure you study for the test.

Interview Questions
    • The second round interview questions shift to be more specific   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

I went to a university workshop by P&G and turned in my resume/applied online (which includes a reasoning test). Within the next couple of days I received an email informing me they wanted to do a phone interview. Within the following week, the interview was conducted. Approximately 3-5 days after the interview, I was informed I made it pass the first interview and they wanted me to attend the "Super Recruiting Day." The trip was about 3-4 weeks after the phone interview (Nov 14th-15th, I think.) and they said they would have another one during December. Keep in mind, these dates were for the "Super Recruiting Days" relating to the P&G Beauty Research and Development interns. The first day we just had dinner with our day hosts. The following day, they showed us around and had a lot of work shops. We also had our interview (2-3 people interviewers per room) and retook the reasoning test. Everyone was really friendly and there was A LOT OF FOOD!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • All questions for interns will be related to your resume. Know it well!! They will throw some unexpected situation-al?/behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when ____________." Be sure to answer with CAR or STAR (same thing.) One of mine was about a time where I had to learn something difficult.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Product Supply Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied through school job board. Started with logic test that you have to take online when applying. After that I had an initial behavioral interview on campus, then flown out to Cincinnati for 2nd round interviews. They treated the interviewees extremely well, feeding us at really nice restaurants and housing us at a nice hotel. We got to tour the local facilities as well. Finally, you take another logic test for an hour and then have an interview with 1-2 upper-level management. Most people get the job once you make it to 2nd rounds.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all behavioral. The logic tests are difficult in finding certain patterns from shapes.   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear you had a positive interview experience! Our recruiting and hiring teams work really hard in hopes that this happens. While it's oftentimes a long, rigorous process, we're confident that ... More

Intern Interview

The interview was very pleasant for both positions I applied for. I did two initial interviews for two intern positions, and I'm in the process of scheduling my second round interview at one of their plants. The interviewers were all great people to talk to. Make sure to ask them about their own work and the P&G company culture- they'll have a lot of good things to say.

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your response! Our interviewers are all great people! :) Most of our interviewers are directly from the function that you are applying for, so these are potentially your future colleagues ... More

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied online through college career services and through Procter and Gamble's website. For the P&G application, took a reasoning assessment and a behavioral assessment. Got an on campus interview. Interviewed on campus with a employee from the field consisting of all behavioral questions. Waiting to hear about next steps in process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't have all the resources needed to complete and task.   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! Don't be afraid to follow up with your recruiting contact to ask when you should hear about next steps in the process. Best of luck! - Emily

The Steps:
    1) Online cognitive assessment: both tests took around an hour and a half. The first was a fit test and the other was a cognitive assessment test.
    2) Phone Interview: just the standard fit questions, why you're interested, etc.
    3) In person interview and in person cognitive assessment: another 40 to one hour cognitive assessment

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to look up general brainteasers and practice cognitive tests ahead of time   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Great point! We do have cognitive reasoning assessments and there are definitely a lot of similar practice activities candidates can look for online to prepare. They can also check out our practice ... More

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I talked to recruiters at the career fair in September and gave them my resume. I was told to apply online so I would be in the system. The online application involved filling out a simple Taleo form and then completing two assessments: a personality assessment and a reasoning assessment. I highly encourage people to look at the same test for the reasoning assessment and be very familiar with P&G's PVPs and whether you fit with them.

Following this, I was invited to interview at school the next month when the interviewers were coming. This interview was very behavioral, asking questions along the lines of "tell me about a time when...". Be very familiar with your resume, as they'll have a copy and will be able to know if you're not being truthful.

It was between my first interview and the second that I had a gap of about four months. I talked to my recruiter and to my interviewer, both of whom said I was at the top of the list for further consideration. In March, I was invited on-site to interview. The first night we were there, we were invited to dinner with other candidates and our interviewers (who turned out to be our bosses). The second day, we had breakfast, an introduction to the company, a tour of the building, and then an interview with two interviewers. They provide the transportation to and from the site and hotel. Any expense taken to get to the P&G site is covered, you just need to send in your receipts.

Interview Questions
    • Just all behavioral questions, nothing particularly difficult. Know your resume from start to finish.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase since it was an internship

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm sorry your interview process took so long! We try to make sure our hiring process is as quick as possible, but sounds like this didn't happen in your case ... More