Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

1,142 Interview Reviews

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2008.

Interview

I had a Intelligence and personality test online after i passed the initial internet screening. I got a call at 8 am after i applied online. After that i was asked to send in a sample of my writing. Once i got the offer i had to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They know what you are worth and they have a whole different area. So it was hard to negotiate mostly because they only have 1% get an offer so it is hard to negotiate with them.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2009.

Interview

It started with an online assessment of IQ, personality and background. Next, I received a phone call for an onsite assessment consisting of Reasoning, maths and IQ tests. After I was informed that I passed the tests, I was called for an 1:1 Interview with the department Manager. The interview consisted of numerous standard P&G's "Problem Context, What did you do, Results".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to be more flexible than usual because of a change that was going on around you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Impossible to reject an excellent offer and opportunity to work for one of top 10 companies.

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2008.

Interview

I first applied online, then received an invitation to take the "Skills Assessment" test. In a few days, I received a call about the upcoming "Screening Interview" which consisted primarily of 3 questions: tell me about a time when you demonstrated 1) "Power of Mind" 2) "Power of People" and 3) "Power of Agility".
    In about a week after the interview, I received an invitation to Cincinnati, Ohio for the final step of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team, but were not a team leader. How did you handle a conflict?   2 Answers
    • Tell me when was the last time you had to learn smth and why?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2009.

Interview

Proctor and Gamble contacted me via email and encouraged me to apply online for an engineering position with them. I applied online, and had to take several evaluations - Intelligence tests, skills tests, etc. They were somewhat difficult. It was the type of thing where they show you a complex pattern and you need to find the next one in the sequence, but more complicated than any I'd seen before. I did well, apparently, because they contacted me for a pre-screening interview. The woman I was supposed to interview with broke her ankle just before she came to campus, so it was changed to a phone interview. I didn't feel like that went well. She asked one or two questions which required me to think of a specific time when I had done something, like "Name a time when you have had to make a difficult decision." I'm a college student. People don't let me make difficult decisions. If I make a difficult decision, odds are it's personal and I wouldn't tell you. She asked 2-3 questions that were all "Name a time...." Apparently I did alright because they asked me to have an in-person, one on one interview on campus. The entire interview was "Name a time when you...." questions. Every questions focused on things I've done rather than what I've learned, what I enjoy, or what I'm capable of. They were very annoying and difficult. I only had one summer of internship experience, and it was difficult to think up answers on the spot. It was aggravating. And the interviewer didn't seem to be in a good mood at all, although I tried to be charming. This is by far the worst, most difficult interview I've ever had. Even if they'd given me an offer I would have declined - it was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when had an engineering solution which was implemented.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you came up with a novel engineering solution.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process went through a recruiting event - started off with a submission of my resume and cover letter through a recruiting event portal. I then had the online cognitive test and was contacted by an ABM to help guide me through the process. After an initial interview with her, I had a more formal interview with a Brand Manager and I'm headed to my final interview next week in Cincinnati.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university. I was then asked to complete logical and reasoning tests online. After passing, I was invited for a campus interview (1:1). Shortly after, I was invited to the headquarters where I took a math test and participated in a panel interview.

Tough process --- It's fair to say that only top talent makes it through.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiting person that directed me to a online test that consisted of behavioral question regarding to leadership, creativity, etc. Next day I was contacted by a senior scientist of the division who interviewed me by phone. The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes. First part of the interview I was asked about my research, than all behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleague".
    The next phase I was invited for a onsite interview.
    I had a dinner the night before the day visit.
    I gave a seminar to about 15 people about my research. I was interviewed by many scientists and also had some project discussions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when, if you had been more flexible, things would have worked out better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have different opinions from someone how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, the offer was very good.

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

Interview

I took an online test and then was asked to come in for a test in the office. There were five other people taking the exam - they graded it onsite and then took some of us into another room and told us we had passed and to wait there for our interviewer to come and get us. None of us were told we would be interviewed that day. I was interviewed by two people and asked mostly behavioral questions such as tell me a time when you experienced 'x', what you did and what was the outcome. They wrote every single thing down and there was a lot of quiet time. I passed the interview and had to wait 11 months for the next one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to take a lot of data and come up with a creative solution to solve a problem. What did you do, what was the result?   Answer Question

Entry Level Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Be prepared, really do some practice questions.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

I submitted my application online in august. A senior engineer from P&G approached me and did a phone interview few weeks later. Then, several other scientists from the same group called me and asked me all sorts of questions again and again. After 5~6 round phone interview, they finally agreed to give me an on-site interview. That was already October. I arrived one day before the interview day, and had a nice dinner with few members of the group. Since I've spoken with most of them on phone, the dinner was quite easy, I actually enjoyed the conversion with them. In the 2nd day, I gave a 45 minutes presentation to some 40+ people (everyone had an evaluation form) from their R&D center. Then ...a panel interview ..all interviewers are senior technique managers . Then one to one interview by all members (6 rounds) of the group I applied for. Everyone came in with an evaluation form. During the process, I also had a lunch meeting with the director of R&D center. The lunch meeting went not very well. I think that's the reason I did not get a offer

Interview Questions

• First question: Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question