Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015
1,193 Interview Reviews

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2008.

Interview

I had a Intelligence and personality test online after i passed the initial internet screening. I got a call at 8 am after i applied online. After that i was asked to send in a sample of my writing. Once i got the offer i had to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They know what you are worth and they have a whole different area. So it was hard to negotiate mostly because they only have 1% get an offer so it is hard to negotiate with them.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2009.

Interview

It started with an online assessment of IQ, personality and background. Next, I received a phone call for an onsite assessment consisting of Reasoning, maths and IQ tests. After I was informed that I passed the tests, I was called for an 1:1 Interview with the department Manager. The interview consisted of numerous standard P&G's "Problem Context, What did you do, Results".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to be more flexible than usual because of a change that was going on around you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Impossible to reject an excellent offer and opportunity to work for one of top 10 companies.

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2008.

Interview

I first applied online, then received an invitation to take the "Skills Assessment" test. In a few days, I received a call about the upcoming "Screening Interview" which consisted primarily of 3 questions: tell me about a time when you demonstrated 1) "Power of Mind" 2) "Power of People" and 3) "Power of Agility". In about a week after the interview, I received an invitation to Cincinnati, Ohio for the final step of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team, but were not a team leader. How did you handle a conflict?   2 Answers
    • Tell me when was the last time you had to learn smth and why?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process went through a recruiting event - started off with a submission of my resume and cover letter through a recruiting event portal. I then had the online cognitive test and was contacted by an ABM to help guide me through the process. After an initial interview with her, I had a more formal interview with a Brand Manager and I'm headed to my final interview next week in Cincinnati.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university. I was then asked to complete logical and reasoning tests online. After passing, I was invited for a campus interview (1:1). Shortly after, I was invited to the headquarters where I took a math test and participated in a panel interview. Tough process --- It's fair to say that only top talent makes it through.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiting person that directed me to a online test that consisted of behavioral question regarding to leadership, creativity, etc. Next day I was contacted by a senior scientist of the division who interviewed me by phone. The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes. First part of the interview I was asked about my research, than all behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleague". The next phase I was invited for a onsite interview. I had a dinner the night before the day visit. I gave a seminar to about 15 people about my research. I was interviewed by many scientists and also had some project discussions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when, if you had been more flexible, things would have worked out better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have different opinions from someone how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, the offer was very good.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2009.

Interview

Proctor and Gamble contacted me via email and encouraged me to apply online for an engineering position with them. I applied online, and had to take several evaluations - Intelligence tests, skills tests, etc. They were somewhat difficult. It was the type of thing where they show you a complex pattern and you need to find the next one in the sequence, but more complicated than any I'd seen before. I did well, apparently, because they contacted me for a pre-screening interview. The woman I was supposed to interview with broke her ankle just before she came to campus, so it was changed to a phone interview. I didn't feel like that went well. She asked one or two questions which required me to think of a specific time when I had done something, like "Name a time when you have had to make a difficult decision." I'm a college student. People don't let me make difficult decisions. If I make a difficult decision, odds are it's personal and I wouldn't tell you. She asked 2-3 questions that were all "Name a time...." Apparently I did alright because they asked me to have an in-person, one on one interview on campus. The entire interview was "Name a time when you...." questions. Every questions focused on things I've done rather than what I've learned, what I enjoy, or what I'm capable of. They were very annoying and difficult. I only had one summer of internship experience, and it was difficult to think up answers on the spot. It was aggravating. And the interviewer didn't seem to be in a good mood at all, although I tried to be charming. This is by far the worst, most difficult interview I've ever had. Even if they'd given me an offer I would have declined - it was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when had an engineering solution which was implemented.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you came up with a novel engineering solution.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

Interview

I took an online test and then was asked to come in for a test in the office. There were five other people taking the exam - they graded it onsite and then took some of us into another room and told us we had passed and to wait there for our interviewer to come and get us. None of us were told we would be interviewed that day. I was interviewed by two people and asked mostly behavioral questions such as tell me a time when you experienced 'x', what you did and what was the outcome. They wrote every single thing down and there was a lot of quiet time. I passed the interview and had to wait 11 months for the next one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to take a lot of data and come up with a creative solution to solve a problem. What did you do, what was the result?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in November 2010.

Interview

After passing the personality and reliability tests, it took about two weeks (with multiple phone calls and emails) before an interview was scheduled. I was SUPPOSED to have a phone interview last Monday but the person from Bangkok did not call. When I asked the HR person in Malaysia, she said the guy was busy and will rescheduled but until now, that didnt happen. I did not bother asking for the status anymore because it was said that there will be 3 interviews. At the pace of them doing their things, by the time I start my internship, I doubt the recruitment process would have been completed. Probably they kept delaying the interview because they weren't interested with interns but can't do anything because I passed the tests.

Interview Questions

• During the reliability test, the most difficult questions are the long comprehension questions and asking you what can you conclude from it. Thank god it is MCQ but it is still very confusing.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process took two online tests (analytical and personality), one on-campus analytical test, a panel interview (with 2 people), lunch with senior manager, and a final panel interview (with 3 people). I was asked all behavioural questions for both interviews, as well as follow-up questions. My advice is to be very well prepared and know your experiences thoroughly because they will ask for every detail. It is fine to bring bullet-point notes to help you remember, as long as you don't read off the paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to solve a problem using conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you inspired a group of people to achieve something.   Answer Question