Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I took the IQ test and had a 2:1 interview in the same day. Make sure to have a lot of leadership..Get a good night rest before the interview and eat a healthy breakfast because you are going to need the brain power :-)

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had limited resources to solve a problem? They asked this question twice in a different format.   Answer Question

IDS Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Apply with a logic and reasoning test. If you pass you get a phone interview. After that you interview at the HQ, they fly you out with all expenses covered. There you take a similar test again but on paper. then move on to a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you acompished something with little resources.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

personalty test, reasoning test, personal interview

Interview Questions
    • all questions were about giving an example from life, doesnt has to be from past work experince, about the core values of the company. leadership, solving problems, using limited resources...   Answer Question

Engineering Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

Put in resume thru their website. Website did not work well. There were a lot of errors. The questions seemed a little draconian, like they would not deign to hire me anyhow.

Interview Questions
    • There was a series of rubic's cube type questions - I don't want to work for somebody who has these ?gotcha? questions in the interview process, so I did not finish the survey.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2012.

P&G has a centralized hiring system, a web-site, where one can apply for any position in the world. In order to apply one needs first to create an account and enter personal info including contacts, backgrounds, CV, etc. The further step is online motivation test. Once a person passes it he/she receives an invitation for an offline reasoning test. There also can be the third test but I never had it. Deending on the position the two latter tests are optional. After that a candidate goes through a series of two interviews and a game. If a person succeeds the only thing left is a job offer. This is tough but it's worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't you work during first three years of Bachelor studies?   Answer Question

Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2011.

Great office, great people. Very professional and high-demanding. Were asking traditional questions about leadership situations and many detailed questions about professional achievements.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Proctor and Gamble has an extensive interview process.
    1. First you apply online through their career website.
    2. After you apply you will be sent a link to fill out a Personality test that asks questions about how you feel about your leadership skills and how would you handle certain tasks. Along with the personality test is a reasoning test similar to an IQ test with reading comprehension problems, puzzles, etc.
    3. If you do well on the online tests they will ask you to take another reasoning test at one of their facilities. It is similar to the reasoning test taken online.
    4. If you do well on that then you may be given an interview, mine was over the phone. They generally ask you to give an example of a time that you did something such as overcoming a difficult problem, leading a group, using innovative thinking, etc.
    5. I was not given an internship but I was admitted to their TETRA program. It is a week long training program where they teach you about the company and have you go through thought exercises. During the week you are given an final interview by two people who ask you questions about your resume, experiences, etc. This was a chance to talk about exciting things that you have done.
    The TETRA program felt deceptive because at this point they are trying to impress the interviewee into joining the company, although they are not given an offer at that point. They spent a lot of money and treat you to many fancy dinners in order to convince you that this is the place to be.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find an appropriate price to sell a product?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

I applied via the P&G website and was contacted several weeks later for an interview. Before the interview I had to do a skills test. I was very surprised about the format of the interview. It was myself and three women. When I entered the room, they didn't introduce themselves at all but immediately stated that they wanted situation-behavior-outcome responses to the questions they were going to ask. They asked questions according to their three rubrics and core competencies. The entire time I was talking, all three of them had their heads down and profusely writing my every word.

The questions were quite difficult. They asked very specific to very broad questions. One of them being, tell me about a time where you had to work with a set of complex data and how did you use that data to solve a problem?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with complex data and how did you use that data to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ankara (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2011.

The moment I sat down, the interviewer told me that it would definitely not be a stress interview. However, while he asks the questions; Once he asked, then I answered exactly a logically right answer, Then he Changed the question, and said to me "I didnt ask you this, I asked ..." He had changed the question. I got nervous when I couldnt say "No you didnt ask me this". It was obviously a stress measured interview

Interview Questions
    • While I have so many Extracurricular activies(ECA) on my resume, he asked me about the homework projects I have done during my university education. I wanted to tell about the achievements I have succeeded about ECAs, so I wasnt prepared for 'school homeworks'   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2010.

First, the online application process was timed and lasted about one hour. I had to pass this in order to get an interview. This consisted of situational questions and a reasoning section that was like an IQ test. Ex: which shape comes next in this pattern. I passed this and then met with my interviewer for my interview which lasted about 1 hour. She was very nice and the questions were very hard. Some of the questions they asked were: 1. Describe a time where you had very little resources and were able to successfully reach a goal. 2. Describe a time where you used your expertise in an area to solve a problem. 3. Describe a time where you had to change the direction of a project at the last minute.
    Then, after that (same day) I had to take a timed test which had a reading section, math, and reasoning section. I did not have enough time and had to go through and fill in the remaining answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were responsible for the direction of a project and the outcome.   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!