Procter & Gamble

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

3.4

Junior Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

After applying online, you have to go through different online tests: 1 personality test and 1 reasoning test. If you're successful, you will have a 1 hour phone interview resulting in an invitation for a full day assessment in Geneva Headquarters or not. The assessment day is composed of another reasoning test in the morning, a lunch, and 3 1-hour interviews in the afternoon. Overall the experience is super positive and interviews are interesting conversations with people working in your department of application. I really enjoyed all of it!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how one time you disagreed with a project and influenced the people to join you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Behavioral Interview, very logic-based. Leadership and teamwork skills are crucial. Just make sure you are very prepared and be confident! They are very nice people! Show your passion for the position you are applying! P&G really looks for people who are a good fit with the company!

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Application through the Day in a Life of a Finance and Accounting Manager Scheme. You send a cover letter (really optional, unless you have odd gaps in your CV) and a CV. Then there are some odd questions about achievements in school etc, and then a set of shape based IQ questions - Raven's Matrices.

I then had a phone interview, for which I was given 24 hours notice. I imagine this would have been negotiable if necessary - they suggested an interview 1 hour after they called, which I pushed forward to the next day.

I was then invited to interview. The first day is technically non-assessed and consists of some talks by senior staff, some role plays, and a 2 hour case study. You then present the case study to senior members of staff. There is then a dinner in the evening - get a good night's sleep before hand it is a VERY long day! (8:30am to 10:30pm, talking pretty much solidly).

The next day there are repeats of the IQ tests, plus verbal and numerical reasoning. I believe these are usually done the previous day. If you fail these you are sent home.

Then you have 2 interviews. The first, in the morning, is with one interviewer, and the second, in the afternoon is with two.

Both are fairly similar, competency based interviews. I was asked about the most difficult challenge i had faced, and a time when I had failed, as well as various other normal ones - when I had led a team etc etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult challenge I had faced, and when I had failed.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Attending the Pre-MBA ABM camp in Cincinatti. I completed the online application. Once I got through that, I received a email for assessment test. I took 2 tests:?1 behavioral and 1 analytical.

Was scheduled for a 30 minute interview. Interview went well. Received an offer to attend the camp.

The Camp was good but I did not like the culture. Everyone spoke the same and seemed very robotic.

R&D Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2014.

Filled out initial application, completed online tests, two in-person interviews with R&D Director and Project Manager, Reasoning Exam, interview day consisting of many project discussions, meeting with HR, facilities tour, lunch, more project discussions, 90 minute interview with panel of 3.

Interview Questions
    • A time you had to accomplish a task with limited resources.   Answer Question
    • A time you had an issue with someone of a different culture. How did you go on to work cohesively with him/her?   Answer Question
    • A time you used pop culture to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • All questions were listed on preceding 15 pages of interview experiences   Answer Question
    No negotiation is permitted by P&G. Discussed with HR on interview day. Starting salary is above average. After 6 months salary increase may be negotiated depending on performance and previous work experience.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2012.

Interviews were conducted by HR and then two engineering managers. As expected for an intern job, many of the questions were based on previous university projects and experiences. The questions focused on teamwork, how you help others and come up with your ideas. They also focused on the ability to influence others. They lasted around 30 minutes each and phoned me later that day to tell me that they wanted to offer the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Started with an online assessment. Then I took the university recruitment test. After clearing it i was called for an interview after some days. The interview was short and constituted generally behavioural questions ie related to my interests, hobbies, anything i may have done in my life that had an impact etc.Finally i had panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?What was the most difficult decision you made in your life? Any decision you took that made impact on other people? Focused on extracurricular activities and went into the depth of event once organized by me. Also questioned in detail regarding one of my semester projects.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Process is three fold. Took about 2 months overall.
    1. Apply online
    2. Take Logic/Reasoning Test online
    2. If you pass the online one, take the one in person
    3. First Round Interview & if you pass, second round interview with Senior Leaders of the company

Applied online in last week of September, did the reasoning test online at the same time. Didn't hear back for a long time until October/November letting me know that I had been shortlisted for the CBD Internship. Got asked to come in and write a 60 minute, 45 question based Logic Reasoning test. Found it harder than the online one because it felt rushed and you have a lot less time as opposed to the one online.
    Test is broken into 3 segments -> Math, Paragraph Logic, Shapes (I found this the hardest)
    Passed the test, had my first round interview a couple days after

First Round took place on campus and consisted of around 7-8 questions, all behavioural questions. They tend to probe if they don't understand something the first time you answer it.
    Follow the CAR model (Context, Action & Result). Focus more on AR
    Prepare for a lot of Tell me about a time.....
    - Analyzed data
    - Dealt with conflict
    - Took initiative/did something entrepreneurial
    I made a matrix of the questions and answers and found that this really worked for me!
    Interviewers also ask questions from a sheet of paper which has the questions broken down by the 3 Success Drivers - Power of Minds, Power of People & Power of Agility
    Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Left feeling a bit confused but overall, great experience. Admirable interviewers, very welcoming and good environment!

Got shortlisted for second round too, they took me out for lunch and then had an interview with 2 senior leaders at their head office, both who had worked at P&G for 25+ years
    The Lunch was amazing, really made me feel at home and put me in a very good and comfortable mood for the interview
    The interview was a great experience! Enjoyed it even more than the first round interview. Left the interview feeling very good but at the same time a little confused. I was under the impression that they would probe more into the questions I answered in the first round but there was no correlation whatsoever. Instead, I was asked around 13-14 questions and it lasted about an hour and 20 minutes.
    Heard back within 2 business days. Didn't get the offer unfortunately because of the fact that the position I applied for didn't suit me but I was a good fit for a P&G.
    Left a bitter taste in my mouth because I was under the impression that P&G hires the person and not the position....
    When followed up for feedback, telling me that I ranked very highly and would have made the cut if I applied for a different position wasn't the best thing to hear after a rejection.

Received good feedback overall and would definitely recommend applying! Their interviews are a great learning experience!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received data from conflicting sources and found a solution or recommendation   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The process got several steps: First there were two online tests, one was personality based and the other one mathematical and analytical.

Next week I got a mail inviting me to their headquarters in order to make another exam. More questions and limited time. There were like 40 people taking the exam with me this day.

Next week got a call for an interview. After that another interview and after that one got a final interview. One each week.

The process is very difficult but the interviewers and the people at P&G are amazing. They make you feel really comfortable and are unbelievable nice. Also, you can see how well prepared they are and they will treat you like a team member since your first interview.

Also had to take an special english test.

If you get to the interview process try to calm down and relax. You'll have a VERY positive experience, believe me. Furthermore, the process got behavioral questions so try to get some nice stories which you can tell. DO NOT LIE. If you do they'll likely see that and you won't get hired.

Got a call the day after my last interview with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult decision in your life... wasn't expecting this, but got a fairly good answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. Very competitive salary and compensations leave you breathless.

MBA Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

I was told I did not have an interview through my school system weeks in advance. The night before the "pre-night" networking event I got a late email inviting me to interview in two days. It was pretty unprofessional.

Took an online intelligence test of some sort that supposedly only 15% of people pass. There was also a personal test asking a lot of questions about leadership that took about an hour. The first round interview was a night of drinks followed by a first round interview that was entirely personal. I was only asked about 5-6 questions(typical fluffy leadership questions). I was then asked what my questions were for them. I did not get a 2nd round interview and I am not even sure they intended on hiring anybody.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straightforward. I think the difficulty was figuring out what they wanted to hear.   Answer Question