Procter & Gamble

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Cincinnati, OH

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Everything was extremely professional. Regular follow ups were there. I had not only a rep in HR but another ABM who was a chaser to ensure that everything went well and to address any questions or concerns I had regarding Cincinnati, the role, the brand, etc. The questions were all behavioral and expected, grounded in the company's success drivers, which are readily available. Make sure that you have scenarios that highlight your skills sets along these vectors.

Interview Question – None were difficult or unexpected - with the right preparation, i.e., knowing the success drivers and applying your life experience to them!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations but the offer was very competitive in all regards so I didn't feel a need to negotiate.

CBD Intern Interview

CBD Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online and completed two online assessments (one computer-adaptive IQ test and one non-cognitive personality assessment). A manager at P&G emailed me approximately one week later to schedule a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, I was invited for a site visit. During the site visit, I completed another IQ assessment, along with an in-person interview.

Both interviews the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result) and included questions such as "Describe a time when you've had to manage a team" . Each interview lasted approximately 1 hr. All interviewers were very personable and made me feel at ease.

Overall, the process was rigorous and time-consuming, but very well-structured.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you've had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2011.

Interview Details – Seven step process. You must pass multiple screens online before you talk to a live person. Panel interviews are very common using behavioral-based questions. Tell me about a time when.... Did you face a situation where...What was your role? What was the role of your team? Study up on the core values of the company as you will be asked about them.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest failure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No - take what they give you.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Group Finance Manager Interview

Group Finance Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online test (behavior questions and cognitive/pattern identification), Off site paper and pencil test (read comprehension, math/problem solving, and cognitive/pattern identification) in 65 minutes, 30 minute phone chat (very basic behavioral, just checking to see if you are who you say you are), then interviewed with 5 VPs in one day, most behavioral questions/ walk me through your resume. Took from February to late April to complete entire process.

Interview Question – Nothing that hard really. One interviewer played hopscotch going back and forth in time on my resume by company, role, project, to tell me a situation when..., to personal history and interests outside work, back to resume, drilled down on a project I did, to what I know about P&G, etc. Just tried to keep me off balance and see how I could handle a pressure situation. Interviewers were very nice.   Answer Question

Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager Interview

Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Need to have lots of real-life examples of problems solved, issues overcome, results achieved. They like to have answers in the CAR format - Context, Action, Results, with the most focus on your personal actions and the results

Interview Question – NOt sure - it was too long ago that i interviewed   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Usually consists of at least 2 rounds; Behavioral based interviews. Should know what you are going to tell about your experiences before entering the interview process. P&G does a personality fit and behavioral test as well as a IQ test as well to ensure that they screen for those capabilities.

Negotiation Details – P&G does not negotiate offers. They have a set standard that they utilize for giving offers.

Pharmacy Technician Associate Interview

Pharmacy Technician Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – So I've got an email about working from home for P n G. The interview was on yahoo messenger and now training is also on yahoo messenger. Is this worth it?

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work with another person on a project with different views?   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

R&D Researcher

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Interview process is a bit long. Can include two or more phone interviews, on site visit and some reasoning tests. Usual questions 'what would you do?' type questions during the interviews. The reasoning test is like an IQ test, you don't need to study for it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked in a group? What was your role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Competitive salaries and is great for recent grads

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – On line preliminary assessment. If the on-line assessment is a fit with the company, it is followed by an in person behavioral interview (tell me about a time when, etc). In person interview is usually two people at a time.

Very Difficult Interview

Plant Technician Interview

Plant Technician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2013.

Interview Details – After a little while of holding on to your resume, they call you to set up a test. You are scheduled to take a multiple choice test with about 30 other people. Few pass. Then you wait. And wait. Finally, if you passed, they will schedule an interview with 2 people. They ask many what would you do questions. It takes about an hour. Then you wait. And wait. If you are lucky, they will call you back for a second interview. This interview is basically the same as the first, with the same what would you do questions, only a tad bit more specific. Finally, if you advanced through that hurdle, you will get another phone call. They will offer a job. You go in for a hair drug test. You wait a month. Then you get a 2 to 3 week away start date, that will be the same as a few others. Good luck. The entire process for me took half a year.

Interview Question – Name a time you failed at work, and what you did to succeed   Answer Question