Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.4

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied for the R&D Engineer position at a university recruiting event. The online application involved two reasoning tests. Some questions can get tricky. Then, I got contacted for an on campus interview, which ran for about 45 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. The interviewee was very friendly and kind!

Interview Questions
    • How did you apply the knowledge you acquired in one field to a different field?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

There were two initial phone interviews and two online tests. I then interviewed at the GO in Cincinnati and was hired a few weeks later. It was a fairly average length process, but can be very long depending on the time of year that you apply for the role.

It was fairly quick. The salary was higher than my previous salary so it was an easy decision.

Brand Manager Interview

.- Hiring process is long and slow. Be patience.
    .- includes tests and several interviews, including panel with 2 or 3 managers at the same time.
    .- Be ready to answer why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • .- It needs to be clear what were the specific contributions on each accomplishment.   Answer Question
    is a big company with standard processes and salary bands, there is not much to negotiate, but it never hurts to go as high as you can.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process took about a month and included a visit to the plant where the internship would take place after the initial interview on campus. The site interview was a lot more technical as it was conducted by the engineers that were later on my managers. After the interview I took their hour long test and did a tour of the plant. The company really takes the hiring process seriously and that reflected on the quality of the new hires on the site.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you effectively developed a solution to a problem by combining different perspectives or approaches.   Answer Question

Education and Training Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It is a very long process. I first applied in person, and was called 2 weeks later for a test (behavioral questions). 2 weeks after that, I was called in for another test (technical reading). 3 more weeks go by, and I was called in for an interview. The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 managers and it lasted for about 40 minutes. Finally, I had an interview with HR where they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you found a defect and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation. The HR person was very clear in noting that it was their ONLY offer.

R&D Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2014.

I got an invitation for interview after applying through campus recruiting. The questions were mainly behavioral questions that you can google on line. The format of the interview answers were expected to be STAR ( situation, action, result). The person who interview me was really nice and made it more like a conversation, which was comfortable for me. Definitely prepare some of the stories when you did well in your projects, lead a team, resolved conflicts, showed your creativity...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you show creativity in a project or at work?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

They are the worst that I'ver ever head. They make an exam, that it last 60 minutes but it doesn't work. Their hiring process is so long, because they have four steps to hire.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Had to pass a generic online questionnaire beforehand. 1:1 interview at college career fair followed up by 3 separate interviews at plant. Decision made within a week and plant was easy to work with on start date.

Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Browns Summit, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Browns Summit, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2014.

I applied online then was invited to take an assessment in person, there were a lot of other candidates that were also there to take the assessment (like 100 others). I passed the assessment and was then invited to an interview this interview was fairly easy, after that I was immediately asked to come in for a second interview this interview asked relatively the same questions from the first one but the answers required more detail. At the end of the interview I was offered the job I accepted and I was taking to the on site doctors office to submit hair for a hair drug test. I am currently awaiting the results of this to continue to complete the rest of the contingencies. I have to take a physical & a health questionnaire once my drug test & background check come back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you came up with a innovative idea or practice and used it to achieve something in the work place. How did you go about applying it & what were the results?   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I had a phone interview after submitting a resume during the school career fair. After the phone interview which asked several behavioural questions, I was invited for a day visit. This had a math test and also another interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have to deliver results with limited resources. Come right out of school I had to faced this situation and so it was challenging to answer.   Answer Question
    Unfortunately I did not negotiate. I wish I had.