Procter & Gamble

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,043 Interview Reviews

3.4

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

the interview process consisted of 2 reasoning tests and 2 interviews. After passing an online reasoning test (like the SAT format) and a behavioral phone interview i took a second hour long reasoning test at the headquarters and had a final round interview asking basic behavioral questions. The reasoning test was harder than the practice questions they provide but studying extensively for the reasoning tests is not necessary.

Interview Questions
    • finding the pattern in a seemingly random assortment of shapes   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

I applied online. About two weeks after I submitted my application, I received a nongeneric email saying that they were were looking at my application. Two weeks after that I was contacted by the hiring manager, a PhD scientist, for setting up a phone interview. This person was really really nice throughout the process--in fact, I can't really think of anyone who wasn't. The phone interview went well, it was basically STAR questions. She told me that she was phone interviewing 12 other people as well, and only 3 would be brought in for day visits. Apparently I did well enough to be invited, which I was informed about a week later. I learned that I made the mistake of using "we did this/that" too much, when everything should be I, I, and me. I flew in to Cincinnati Airport 2 weeks after I found out, was picked up a car service and then driven to my hotel, which was pretty swanky. Everything was paid for beforehand, although you do have to setup the flights yourself. The hotel and the building where all the research happens were both in Mason, OH several miles outside of Cincinnati. There's no public transportation in Mason, so you'll definitely need a car if you end up working there, and that place seemed pretty isolated when I went.

Anyway, I got picked up the morning after my flight from my hotel and driven to the interview site, which is really nice and sleek--apparently everyone but top management and finance works there (they work in the buildings in Cincinnati). I had to check out of the hotel before I left and bring my luggage with me, which I was then to store in a closet for the duration of the interview. This was a bit weird as anyone with a key to the closet can walk in, which you get from the receptionist, so I felt hesitant leaving my bag with my computer there. I waited about 15 minutes for someone to come to get me--it was the Senior researcher who would show me around the lab/office and also later take me to lunch to the building cafeteria (great food btw, everything custom made for you). So the guy talked with me a bit, and led me to the cubicle of the hiring manager I spoke with. (Even the top people apparently have no offices. Everything is cubicle based, but they do have huddle rooms, which are rooms that anyone can take for meetings or privacy.) So the hiring manger took me into one of these rooms and started telling me about what they did there, and where in the whole production process she worked in. She was drawing all these flow charts on paper, which she then gave to me to keep--I wasn't very interested in this stuff and didn't see what it could do for me. But since she did all of the talking and I just sat there, I was fine. After this talk I was ushered into another huddle room, where I took the reasoning test they give all employees. It was like 65 minutes long with 35 multiple choice questions, 1/3 math, 1/3 reason and deduction (reading a passage and picking a reasonable conclusion), and 1/3 geospatial reasoning (finding similarities between shapes). This test was much harder than the practice test they let you take online beforehand.

After this came lunch with the senior researcher. He was a nice and cheery guy; it was basically chit chat about the company, with him doing most of the talking. He then took me through all the labs, which were pretty bland to be honest. The people working there kinda ignored me mostly, which I thought was odd. After this came the panel interview, with the original hiring manager, and two other PhDs. They again asked STAR questions, which had to with the company's values of mind, agility, and leadership--not sure. Basically they want to probe your personality here, so be confident and tell good stories. Don't say anything negative, about yourself or anyone. Consider what they hear when you say anything negative at all--just don't do it. They have sample questions somewhere on their website, This took an hour and I basically gave such garbage responses that I actually felt sorry that they had to sit there and listen to me. I wasn't feeling very well at all though, so it was either ramble incoherently or be silent. I basically knew I was toast at that point--they probably thought I had the personality of a rock, and I wouldn't blame them if they did. They were all still really nice, and they gave me their cards after the interview--I asked for them so I could sent them each thank you emails later on.

That really nice hiring manager walked me to the car taking me back to the airport that same day. I asked her when I'd find out the next steps and she said 2-3 weeks. I flew back home, and started to write the thank emails in next few days, but didn't even send one before I got an email from HR exactly 3 days afterwards telling me that I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to: analyze complex data sets; take a leadership position; resolve a conflict with someone else; apply knowledge from one field to another Also was asked why I was seeking this job instead of a PhD?   Answer Question

SNO Manager Interview

interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Applied online. Online screening test, on-campus interview, then followed by on-site interview. During the on-site interview there was another test, followed by panel interview with behavioral questions. The night before the interview, all interviwees and some professionals in the Product Supply Network had dinner in a nice restaurant, and there was presentations about the company during the dinner. Overall nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you showed persistence and delivered an exceptional product as a result.   Answer Question

Consumer & Market Knowledge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

I went through a campus recruiting option. First, the online application to the corporate site was submitted, and then the two online assessments (about 30 minutes each), with the first being behavorial style questions and the second was problem solving / pattern identification. Was then contacted by a campus recruiter for a first-round interview in person. All of the questions were very straightforward, behavioral questions, except each question was problem-based (i.e. examples of when or how I worked through various problems in different scenarios). About an hour in total.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had to utilize large amounts of differing data (i.e qualitative and quantitative) to solve a complex problem."   View Answer

Finance & Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

applied online through college recruiting website and had to apply online on the website as well.
    next, had to take 2 online assessments to complete applying for the position. a few days later, received an email stating i moved onto the first round for interviews.
    the first round of interviews had 2 interviewers and was on campus. questions were all behavioral but were fairly difficult.

Interview Questions
    • they were all behavior questions: tell me of a time when.....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

first applied online then out of no where got an email inviting me down to their office for an assessment and interview. The assessment is ridiculously hard and the interview is all behavioral questions which can be very difficult. Other than that great people and great atmosphere, very difficult company to get in to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you applied your expertise in one field to a totally different field   Answer Question

Consumer & Market Knowledge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

I attended one information session, and then completed the online application. The application was easy, but you had to take two assesments, one that just used a likert scale and another that had you identify patterns. Then I was emailed for an interview, and at the pre-night had to take another test. The interview itself was a one hour behavioral interview. The questions were pretty standarn (tell me about a time when, etc). Definitely make sure you many examples of leadership and data analysis.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time when you had to teach or educate someone on a certain subject or task?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Typical P&G interview process. It was first round interview which was behavior interview. However, the interview questions that I was asked were really intense compared to the other company's interview questions. I was asked 9 questions which were a lot to answer in 45 - 60 minutes interview time. A lot of them were really difficult because the the behavior questions were covering lots of different types. Furthermore, the questions were pretty specific and required me to deliver the results or accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    • 'Tell the time that I motivated some others and made them to achieve something'.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

P&G recruits at my school and do a preliminary online behavioral and logic reasoning assessment. After the candidate is successfully screened, he/she will have the first interview of entirely behavioral questions. This is as far as I've got in the recruiting process

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage conflict in a team.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied for the R&D Engineer position at a university recruiting event. The online application involved two reasoning tests. Some questions can get tricky. Then, I got contacted for an on campus interview, which ran for about 45 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. The interviewee was very friendly and kind!

Interview Questions
    • How did you apply the knowledge you acquired in one field to a different field?   Answer Question