Procter & Gamble

Relevance Date Difficulty

R&D Researcher Interview

R&D Researcher
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview involved a phone screen, phone interview, then two online assessments (reasoning and personality), after that, they flew me to Cincinnati for a day visit which involved another reasoning and basic maths test, a panel interview, and a presentation on a topic of your choosing. It was long but fairly easy.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to go against procedure in the laboratory?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an extra $2k from my starting offer.

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Date: October - January 2009 (during junior year of
Role: Intern, Researcher
Area: Baby Care, P&G, Research & Development

Process:
Apply online & online screening tests: One is a behavioral/personality test to ensure you have the P&G values /cultural fit they seek and another is a reasoning test that includes math, logic and geo-spatial questions. I do not remember the questions on these online tests, but do take them seriously as you have to pass the online test in order to be hired at P&G.
Submit resume- P&G comes to my school to actively recruit. I submitted my resume to a P&G employee who had come to my college to recruit because I had missed the school deadline.
Email from interviewer/recruiting manager- A few weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager who had told me to call him if I was interested in the opportunity.
Phone interview with hiring manager- A day or two later, I talked with him over the phone, and he did most of the talking. He asked me a little about my background and my resume. Then he spent the rest of the interview talking about how P&G tends to interview their candidates, and the role at P&G (for a materials position). After the phone call, he told me that he'd like me to come in, and said that a recruiter would be in touch.
Schedule on-site interview with recruiter: 2-3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me about available dates for me to interview in January (which worked out perfectly since I was in school at the time). She then sent me two (2) documents. One sheet detailed the CAR Interview technique, and the other provided a list of example behavioral questions that I might be asked.
On-site interview: Usually, a P&G employee, your day host will pick you up from the airport and treat you to dinner the night before. She will provide you with an interview schedule and answer any questions you might have. The actual interview day looks like this:
-7AM:- 60-min reasoning test (math, geo-spatial questions)- you MUST pass this test in order to get an offer. If the interviewers love you but you don't pass, you will not be offered a job.
-8AM-11AM: 3-4 interviews with another hiring manager and /or groups of managers. All questions are behavioral or related to your resume experience. They really want you to answer in the CAR technique so study it!
-1130-1: Either your day host or another peer will take you out to lunch with a few coworkers. This is usually fun, and the coworkers generally come because it's a company-paid lunch! During this time, the interviewers all sit in a room and talk about you and your fit with the company. They will decide whether or not to hire you during this time.
-130PM: Project discussion with another employee.
-230PM: If they choose to hire you, you will be given an offer on your interview day (exact time will depend). If you do not hear that day, you may still have a chance but it would indicate that they are unsure of headcount or unsure about you (have another candidate lined up). If you are given an offer, you will immediately be taken to Health Services for a drug screen (official offer is given via email and pending drug screen results).

This interview process was for an internship but it is the same for ALL candidates. PhD candidates are asked to do a presentation.

I think most people get screened out by the online tests.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were a member of a team with a specific goal. How did you reach your goal as a team? As an individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G doesn't usually negotiate salaries as all entry-level salaries for a particular position is standard. There may be some cases where you can negotiate higher but this is rare. Also, P&G is promote from within which means anyone hired externally starts entry-level.

Technician Interview

Technician
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2013.

Interview Details – Long took a year to complete

Interview Question – Multiple group interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.. set scale

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a long wait after passing the online logic testing. If I recall correctly it took about 2 months to hear back after the initial email. I remember being really excited as it was my first corporate job and I had a child on the way.

I spoke via email to the hiring rep and she sent me to get drug tested. I failed the drug test but since I had a doctors note I was hired.

I have a GED and no college degree of any sort. I am proficient in MSOFFICE and technologically savvy. After being there and getting through training I am proficient with the distribution warehouse interface SAP.

The first interview was a math test to gauge knowledge, comprehension and understanding.

The second stage of the interview was the 1:1 email conversation with my potential 1up supervisor.

The third and final stage of the interview process was a group interview with the CS managers including the head of the customer service, a Band 3.

I brought a sample of my excel skills which included a small table and budget app that I had haphazardly thrown together. They seemed impressed at my attitude and willingness to learn.

I also adhered to the storytelling atmosphere that they coaxed during the interview:
Give me a time when you exhibited (this important attribute)
Are you more of a leader or a follower?
When was your proudest moment and why?
How do you feel when (this) happens?

It was an easy interview process for me, however, the hiring manager I one out of 7 out of 3,000 that passed all the criteria.

Interview Question – What would you do if you didn't get this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation partly because I was young and needed a job really badly, and partly because I didn't know I was supposed to bargain my salary.

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – a few interviews and it was very long interns of interview. lunch interview included

Interview Question – tell me about your self. most behavior questions   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Summer Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Met with a representative at a career fair. Received a call later in the day requesting an on-campus interview later in the week. First interview was a basic screening- a few simple behavioral questions but mostly just a discussion about the position. Had another in-person interview a month or so later when P&G returned to campus. Hour-long grilling of behavioral questions. Typical stuff about leadership/team experience, etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you tried to overcome an obstacle and failed   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Lancaster, SC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Interview Details – There was one interview,and there also lunch after the walkaround.

Interview Question – There was never a dull day or night for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a test u gotta take

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Starts with an online assessment, followed by a phone interview. If these two critical sections are passed, you'll be invite for an site visit in which case you'll be required to take another written assessment (similar, but slightly longer than the online test). You'll then have a 2:1 interview with members of the site leadership team, in which case they'll ask similar behavioral questions to the phone interview. These questions are all based on experience and how you've handled different scenarios and situations in the past.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which you've had to work with someone that didn't see eye to eye   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiations as a new employee out of school coming to a large company with standardized means of compensating employees

Intern Interview

Intern
Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Applied online through the P&G website and University Recruiting. Completed the pre-screening questionnaire. Was preselected for a recruitment dinner prior to the career fair and spoke with current employees. Spoke to them at the career fair the following day briefly. Attended an on-campus interview and selected for second round on-site interview. Stayed in Iowa City and went to dinner with newer employees the night prior. Went to breakfast with my on-campus interviewer. The following day, I took the IQ exam and went through two 1 on 1 interviews, a plant tour, Q&A sessions, and final interview to wrap up the day and deliver the results. Very efficient process and people were very nice.

Interview Question – Math questions, reading comprehension questions, IQ test, previous experience questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Albany, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Three total interviews and one global reasoning test. The first was with two company employees who have work for 3-5 years, the second was a one on one with a guy who worked for 30+ years. The last was with the head of HR and head of paper making operations on site in Albany. All questions were similar behavioral questions..

Interview Question – Think about a time where you work on a project and you joined different points of view to come up with a solution.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble