Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

3.4

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

a few interviews and it was very long interns of interview. lunch interview included

Plant Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2014.

Test are pretty straight forward, but when you get to second interview make sure that you go over board on your experience. I have taken many hours in labs, and was really over qualify for QA position, and had lab manager say i did not aplly my degrees enough. He had a hard time following my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you use your lab experience to help improve safety.   Answer Question

Offer another job paying much less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Applied online through the P&G website and University Recruiting. Completed the pre-screening questionnaire. Was preselected for a recruitment dinner prior to the career fair and spoke with current employees. Spoke to them at the career fair the following day briefly. Attended an on-campus interview and selected for second round on-site interview. Stayed in Iowa City and went to dinner with newer employees the night prior. Went to breakfast with my on-campus interviewer. The following day, I took the IQ exam and went through two 1 on 1 interviews, a plant tour, Q&A sessions, and final interview to wrap up the day and deliver the results. Very efficient process and people were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Math questions, reading comprehension questions, IQ test, previous experience questions.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Met with a representative at a career fair. Received a call later in the day requesting an on-campus interview later in the week. First interview was a basic screening- a few simple behavioral questions but mostly just a discussion about the position. Had another in-person interview a month or so later when P&G returned to campus. Hour-long grilling of behavioral questions. Typical stuff about leadership/team experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you tried to overcome an obstacle and failed   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Starts with an online assessment, followed by a phone interview. If these two critical sections are passed, you'll be invite for an site visit in which case you'll be required to take another written assessment (similar, but slightly longer than the online test). You'll then have a 2:1 interview with members of the site leadership team, in which case they'll ask similar behavioral questions to the phone interview. These questions are all based on experience and how you've handled different scenarios and situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you've had to work with someone that didn't see eye to eye   Answer Question
    Very little negotiations as a new employee out of school coming to a large company with standardized means of compensating employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Researcher Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

My interview was quick as I got a recommendation off my previous co-op

Interview Questions
    In this position P&g does not negotiate they were non receptive to negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I took the IQ test and had a 2:1 interview in the same day. Make sure to have a lot of leadership..Get a good night rest before the interview and eat a healthy breakfast because you are going to need the brain power :-)

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had limited resources to solve a problem? They asked this question twice in a different format.   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The process focuses too much on what school you attended and "leadership" as though everyone aspires to be CEO. The screening questionnaire is designed not to assess people and give them a reasonable opportunity to show their value, but as "gotcha" questions with certain key words or phrases desired as answers.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you took leadership and solved a problem.   View Answer
    There wasn't one, but I learned that before I interviewed, they had already offered the job to someone else. That person declined their offer, so I was then offered.

R&D Engineer Interview

online tests + 2 round interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is technical, most of the questions are about the behavioral test.   View Answer