Procter & Gamble

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

3.4

Supply Network Operations Interview

online application process is quick and easy. got a call a few days later to do a phone interview. The interview went well and most the questions were behavioral. After the interview, got an email saying they wanted to continue to interview process. I decided to go another direction. Just relax and give honest answers

Interview Questions
    • A time you had a difficult customer service experience and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

phone interview, group interview, and onsite interview

Freshman Forum Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2014.

The Freshman Forum is basically a small group of first-year undergrads that are fast-tracked through the recruiting process after spending a couple days in Cincinnati. First, I had a phone interview with an alum from my school, and then a couple days later I had an on-campus interview with an employee. Went well, but the program is highly selective.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how I handled doing everything I do, like how I prioritize it all.   Answer Question

Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager Interview

Interviewed on campus at college/university. The interview was mostly behavioral, nothing technical or too tricky. Interviewed in Cincinnati after that, again mostly behavioral with a few questions about marketing or brain teasers. Pretty straight forward interviewing stuff to be honest. Nothing to throw you off.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

They try and set you up to succeed for the interview, but that being said, they are very particular on who they hire and what background they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were formatted to my past experience and how I overcame them.   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview involved a phone screen, phone interview, then two online assessments (reasoning and personality), after that, they flew me to Cincinnati for a day visit which involved another reasoning and basic maths test, a panel interview, and a presentation on a topic of your choosing. It was long but fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go against procedure in the laboratory?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an extra $2k from my starting offer.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Date: October - January 2009 (during junior year of
    Role: Intern, Researcher
    Area: Baby Care, P&G, Research & Development

Process:
    Apply online & online screening tests: One is a behavioral/personality test to ensure you have the P&G values /cultural fit they seek and another is a reasoning test that includes math, logic and geo-spatial questions. I do not remember the questions on these online tests, but do take them seriously as you have to pass the online test in order to be hired at P&G.
    Submit resume- P&G comes to my school to actively recruit. I submitted my resume to a P&G employee who had come to my college to recruit because I had missed the school deadline.
    Email from interviewer/recruiting manager- A few weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager who had told me to call him if I was interested in the opportunity.
    Phone interview with hiring manager- A day or two later, I talked with him over the phone, and he did most of the talking. He asked me a little about my background and my resume. Then he spent the rest of the interview talking about how P&G tends to interview their candidates, and the role at P&G (for a materials position). After the phone call, he told me that he'd like me to come in, and said that a recruiter would be in touch.
    Schedule on-site interview with recruiter: 2-3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me about available dates for me to interview in January (which worked out perfectly since I was in school at the time). She then sent me two (2) documents. One sheet detailed the CAR Interview technique, and the other provided a list of example behavioral questions that I might be asked.
    On-site interview: Usually, a P&G employee, your day host will pick you up from the airport and treat you to dinner the night before. She will provide you with an interview schedule and answer any questions you might have. The actual interview day looks like this:
    -7AM:- 60-min reasoning test (math, geo-spatial questions)- you MUST pass this test in order to get an offer. If the interviewers love you but you don't pass, you will not be offered a job.
    -8AM-11AM: 3-4 interviews with another hiring manager and /or groups of managers. All questions are behavioral or related to your resume experience. They really want you to answer in the CAR technique so study it!
    -1130-1: Either your day host or another peer will take you out to lunch with a few coworkers. This is usually fun, and the coworkers generally come because it's a company-paid lunch! During this time, the interviewers all sit in a room and talk about you and your fit with the company. They will decide whether or not to hire you during this time.
    -130PM: Project discussion with another employee.
    -230PM: If they choose to hire you, you will be given an offer on your interview day (exact time will depend). If you do not hear that day, you may still have a chance but it would indicate that they are unsure of headcount or unsure about you (have another candidate lined up). If you are given an offer, you will immediately be taken to Health Services for a drug screen (official offer is given via email and pending drug screen results).

This interview process was for an internship but it is the same for ALL candidates. PhD candidates are asked to do a presentation.

I think most people get screened out by the online tests.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you were a member of a team with a specific goal. How did you reach your goal as a team? As an individual?   Answer Question
    P&G doesn't usually negotiate salaries as all entry-level salaries for a particular position is standard. There may be some cases where you can negotiate higher but this is rare. Also, P&G is promote from within which means anyone hired externally starts entry-level.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

a few interviews and it was very long interns of interview. lunch interview included

Plant Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2014.

Test are pretty straight forward, but when you get to second interview make sure that you go over board on your experience. I have taken many hours in labs, and was really over qualify for QA position, and had lab manager say i did not aplly my degrees enough. He had a hard time following my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you use your lab experience to help improve safety.   Answer Question

Offer another job paying much less.

Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagrange, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2014.

It was long took about a month to get a response most of the questions were the usual. The entry test had nothing to do with the actual job task ihad to perform. This job is more of an machine operator that a technician.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time u made a change in a system and the affect it had.   View Answer