Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015
1,138 Interview Reviews

3.4

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

The hiring process took about a month and included a visit to the plant where the internship would take place after the initial interview on campus. The site interview was a lot more technical as it was conducted by the engineers that were later on my managers. After the interview I took their hour long test and did a tour of the plant. The company really takes the hiring process seriously and that reflected on the quality of the new hires on the site.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you effectively developed a solution to a problem by combining different perspectives or approaches.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2014.

Interview

Got interview in career fair. You need to take online 2 questionares/tests, then you get the interview. There are about 3 interviews. All of them are completely behavioral. First interview was same week as career fair. It was pre-screening interview. Then few weeks later, if you pass, then you have another interview with someone higher up. And you take an in person test, that is mainly logical, basic math and reading comprehension. Then you go to a on-site interview. All interviews are about the same in difficulty, last one might be the hardest. Keep in mind to always talk about power of the people, power of the mind, and power of agility.

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I got an invitation for interview after applying through campus recruiting. The questions were mainly behavioral questions that you can google on line. The format of the interview answers were expected to be STAR ( situation, action, result). The person who interview me was really nice and made it more like a conversation, which was comfortable for me. Definitely prepare some of the stories when you did well in your projects, lead a team, resolved conflicts, showed your creativity...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you show creativity in a project or at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

First met the recruiting team on campus and gave my resume to the person in charge of R&D recruiting. He told me to apply online, which I did. While applying online I had to take the reasoning test as well. A few days later, I was contacted via email by a P&G representant who informed me that they wanted to interview me on campus. About two weeks later, I interviewed on campus and it went well. At the end of interview, the lady told me if I passed, they would put my file in the system so that any recruiting manager could have access to it and then ivite for an on-site interview. About 4-5 months later I was contacted by someone from the HR department to setup an interview in Cincinnati, OH. I went to the site interview where I met people in the group and I was explqined the project they are working on. The interview took place at the end of the day and it was about 1hr with three managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to take a leadership position and what was the outcome of it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They are the worst that I'ver ever head. They make an exam, that it last 60 minutes but it doesn't work. Their hiring process is so long, because they have four steps to hire.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Had to pass a generic online questionnaire beforehand. 1:1 interview at college career fair followed up by 3 separate interviews at plant. Decision made within a week and plant was easy to work with on start date.

Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Browns Summit, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Browns Summit, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online then was invited to take an assessment in person, there were a lot of other candidates that were also there to take the assessment (like 100 others). I passed the assessment and was then invited to an interview this interview was fairly easy, after that I was immediately asked to come in for a second interview this interview asked relatively the same questions from the first one but the answers required more detail. At the end of the interview I was offered the job I accepted and I was taking to the on site doctors office to submit hair for a hair drug test. I am currently awaiting the results of this to continue to complete the rest of the contingencies. I have to take a physical & a health questionnaire once my drug test & background check come back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you came up with a innovative idea or practice and used it to achieve something in the work place. How did you go about applying it & what were the results?   Answer Question

R&D Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I had a phone interview after submitting a resume during the school career fair. After the phone interview which asked several behavioural questions, I was invited for a day visit. This had a math test and also another interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to deliver results with limited resources. Come right out of school I had to faced this situation and so it was challenging to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately I did not negotiate. I wish I had.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

It starts with the "on line test". Do not take this lightly! It evaluates your reasoning skills and your potential as a manager/leader. If you fail the test, your interviewing process stops before it starts. And you will have to wait another year before you can take it again!
    Since I was an experienced candidate (not a right-out-of-college grad), I did an initial phone interview, then I was asked to do a site interview. I was flown out to the site, did a series of 1:1 conversations with other managers (including breakfast and lunch), then was given a tour (where I asked lots of questions), then a 2:1 interview with the plant manager and one of the Ops Manager. Within one hour, I was given an offer (a letter stating my salary). Interestingly they knew there wasn't an immediate opening just yet, so I had to agree that I would be ok not knowing my exact position until I started my employment. (2 months later). I stated that I" understand", and that I would let them know my decision within two days. From there I did a drug test, and flew home. The whole process from start to finish was 4 weeks, and overall I think it was very fair and well executed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The offer is the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

The interview process with P&G was incredibly easy going. A preview night the evening before interviews revealed that the interview would be entirely behavioral, conversational, and easy-going, which it most certainly was. Interviewers were incredibly relatable and fun to be around. Second-round interviews were composed of some of the same questions as the first round, but interviewers encouraged the use of the same answers since they were obviously good enough to get you in a second time. Unfortunately, my experience with the interview process ended after the second round, but I would definitely try again. I felt at home with the people in which I interacted.

A word of advice on the pre-interview exam - study! You can find practice tests online and on the P&G website. Take them in the exact environment in which you plan to take the real test. Your first time through, take it untamed and then time yourself each following time. If you can get yourself thinking creatively and analytically ahead of time, you will be much better off for the real deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used different pieces of information to solve a problem.   Answer Question