1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

MBA Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2009.

P&G is one of the toughest companies to get into--apparently it is easier to get into Harvard. I started the process at a large minority conference. The hardest part by far are the initial online cognitive screenings----one is kind of like a personality test and the other is definitely a part of an IQ test. If you don't pass the online IQ portion of the test, you will definitely not move on to the interview. Thankfully, I was given a heads up about this because most people assume the online test is not that big of a deal. You should definitely take it in a quiet place where you can have maximum focus with no interruptions. I did a 1:1 inteview at the conference and then was invited to a hospitality event where I got to meet top executives. I was told during the conference my next step would be a day visit where they fly me out to Cincinnati. Unfortunately, they were a bit too excited about my candidacy--as that step only occurs for full-time candidiates. Internship positions only get phone interviews. Nearly a month later, I had two phone interviews---panel style and 1:1 with the main recruiter. And FINALLY, after all of that, you are asking to confirm your original assessments by taking a pencil/paper test (folks have lovingly dubbed it the P&GMAT). It's more of the same cognitive IQ reasoning PLUS critical thinking and some math. This takes some time to get set up because they have to find a remote location that is also proctored (unless you live in Cincin). Sometimes they use their satelitte offices for this--so be prepared to drive. After finally passing that, I got an offer for the position. Immediately after offer you get info on drug test and extensive background check. Drug test is a hair test.

Interview Questions
  • Typical Resume walk using the SAR/STAR method. All behavioral questions--no surprises.   Answer Question

This is a dream company for someone interested in Consumer Products/Brand Management. However, be prepared to move to Cincinnati as that is where their headquarters are and where most people start out. The summer program doesn't offer many perks--no corporate housing even though the vast majority of interns are out of state but they will pay to ship your car and things back and forth. You have to figure out housing on your own (and pay for it too) although they do provide some assistance with a website etc. At the end of the day, I couldn't make the committment to move just yet---especially not when I would have to pay two rents for the summer. This was the toughest decision I've ever made!

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!