Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process took about a month and included a visit to the plant where the internship would take place after the initial interview on campus. The site interview was a lot more technical as it was conducted by the engineers that were later on my managers. After the interview I took their hour long test and did a tour of the plant. The company really takes the hiring process seriously and that reflected on the quality of the new hires on the site.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you effectively developed a solution to a problem by combining different perspectives or approaches.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

1st round- campus, 1 hour behavioral. They send you the questions before hand.
    2nd round- onsite. Dinner with new-ish hires. Next day, exam, plant tours, behavioral round two with two higher-ups.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all "tell me about a time when you"   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2013.

interview process starts with a online test after passing it an phone interview is done with 10 behavior type questions. If you pass that, they will invite you to visit their plant and for further test. On site interview consist of one reasoning test and 2 to 1 interview with plant managers. They will try to get specifically what they looking from you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time... type of questions. needs to dig a lot from your past experience and follow star method for answering   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2013.

First round is applying online. They will make you attach your resume but it is a good idea to attach a cover letter along with it that personalizes that position you're applying for to show that you've actually looked into it and care about the position. You will have to take a personality test and a logic test online as well. In order to continue, you must pass both. You will then either have an hour long phone interview or face-to-face interview depending on your location. P&G was on campus at my university, so I met with them in person at my school's career center for this step. This interview is completely behavioral questions that often start with "Tell me about a time when you encountered an failure/difficult person/etc..." They really focus on your ability to describe the background/context of the situation, what you did/your action, and the results/what you learned/what you would improve or change in the future. The final round is on site where you would be working full time. They have manufacturing plants all over the U.S. This will consist of a dinner with your P&G host and possibly some other candidates and their hosts the night before the interview day. This dinner is very informal and gives you an opportunity to ask questions about the company, position, and advice for the interview the next day. Your actual day will consist of a P&G breakfast with the candidates and hosts, an interview with 2-3 managers, another P&G test which focuses on numerical reasoning and logic, a plant tour, lunch with other candidates and P&G employees, and a city community tour with your host.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you encountered success and the method used. Tell me another situation where you took that method used to encounter success and reapplied it in a different setting.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Situation based questions, STAR. I attended a conference and was scheduled for an interview, i did two interviews back to back and they were all asking behaviourial question. Tell me a time you had to make the hardest decision, thell me a time u had to lead a group, the outcome , they were all the basic behovioural

Interview Questions
    I didn't try negotiating, the offer was too good to negotiate ,

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The hiring process is pretty public. As far as my experience and knowledge goes, prospective employees must apply online through the main website, take two online tests, and submit their resume. Once your resume is deemed good enough and you pass the online tests, someone will call you and give you a phone interview. If you pass that stage, you are then usually asked to come in for a day visit. I'm not sure how different day visits work but mine consisted of a site tour, several one-on-one interviews, lunch with a coworker, and a written verbal and quantitative assessment. Definitely not a walk-in-the-park experience. By the end of the day you, are mentally tested very highly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time you you had to use your skills in a sticky situation where people weren't meshing well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I have been a technical interviewer for P&G for many years for both technicians and managers (engineers). P&G has a 2 step process. First, you must pass the online application with reasoning test. If you pass that, you would then be invited to come in for an interview where you will take a longer reasoning test and have at least 2 comprehensive interviews. After the interview, your results will be scored up from the interviewers and you will be notified shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • P&G asks the behavorial based questions. These include: tell me a time when you were in a difficult group and had to complete a project, tell me a time when you had multi-task, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Flat offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mehoopany, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2011.

First round was a behavioral interview. Asked ~15 questions about my team work experiences. Questions included:
    Tell me about a time you had a problem working with a team member?
    Tell me about a time you took the leadership roll in the group?
    Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and how you made it?

Lasted about an hour. I felt like I did well upon leaving, but did not get call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a difficult decision and how you made it?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Contacted recruiters through on campus career fair, networking dinner, and information session. Took an online assessment involving reasoning and behavioral components. Interviewed with one site representative--behavior based interview. Offered an on site interview before the on campus interview was finished.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you were given negative feedback and describe your reaction to it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2008.

Had to take two tests online for screening. One test that shows intelligent competence and another that determines your behaviors. After taking both these tests I got called up for a phone interview. Canned questions that ask for things like how would you solve this, or what would you do in a situation where...etc. Then I got asked in for a 1 day interview with three different people.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had an issue with a co-worker   View Answer
    No negotiation as a new grad. There is a strict pay curve and benefits package. The only thing you can really negotiate is when you start.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!