Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview process for internships is very competitive and there are a number of rounds to pass through. The first round is the online application. This includes a personality questionnaire and psychometric test. Once you have passed this stage, you will be invited to sit down psychometric test with other candidates and a representative from P&G. I believe this lasts for 30-45 minutes. If you pass this stage you are invited for a first round interview (this may be a telephone interview if you are interstate). The interview is conducted with 1-2 P&G managers. Next up is the 2nd round interview. You will be flown to the head office to undertake a panel interview with at least 3 managers. You may wait up to 4 weeks to find out if you have been successful, as many other candidates (varying functions) are being interviewed. All in all, despite the long recruitment process, it was an enjoyable experience (if you're prepared!)

Interview Question – 1. Where do you see yourself if 5 years time? I know I know, some of you might be thinking that this is one of the easiest, most expected question one might be asked in an interview. However, given that I was so focused on developing answers for obscure, behavioral questions I didn't have a great answer for this!   View Answer

Weybridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2008.

Interview Details – Online tests focusing on previous professional, academic and extra-curricular experiences, written maths and verbal reasoning test, followed by several rounds of interviews going into more depth about your experiences.

Once you have the knack of what they're looking for, each interview is roughly the same format so just repeat, repeat, repeat!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2010.

Interview Details – I will describe the step by step process :

1) Submit Resume & Cover Letter
2) Do personality test and figural reasoning test - relatively easy, just focus on thinking straight and answer with honesty because they love that most about a intern
3) 2:1 Interview at school - Basic interview, all behavioral questions, 45 mins in length
4) Personal Assessment test - Held at P&G, relatively hard and needs preparation and concentration
5) 3:1 Interview at P&G - Detailed interview, behavioral and experience related questions, 1 hour 15 min in length

6) Job Offered - Excellent pay and ample of opportunity

Interview Question – How would you rate your ability to solve any given problem on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G hires only 1% of all applicants for this job and they offer excellent salary, as an intern, you should not need to negotiate a salary and neither do you have the power to do it.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2013.

Interview Details – First, you apply online via their careers page and complete the online assessment test. This online assessment test includes a personality 'success drivers' test, and a logical test where you are shown patterns and shapes.

If you are shortlisted, you will receive an email to go down to the office to take an assesment. This is a one-hour test which tests basic math and logic ability. Also, you are required to submit a 'supplement data sheet' which has 9 behavioural scenarios.

Once again, if shortlisted, you will be scheduled for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 marketing managers in which they asked only behavioural questions.

Interview Question – All questions asked were behavioural-based such as "Tell us of a time when you had to solve a difficult problem"   Answer Question

Warsaw (Poland)

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in July 2010.

Interview Details – The first thing is that the recruitment process lasted ages with very poor communication on company' side. After each stage even though they promised to get back to me within few days, it always took waaaay more for them to respond. 99% question you will get are competence based and frankly speaking I think it gives the interviews an artificial athomsphere because c'mon how many life changing decision could have a 22 years old person made? Or how many professional teams could it run? Not very many. And recruiters didn't seem to be interested in what I was saying, totally failed to keep the deadlines they set themselves and were not that friendly after all. Don't get me wrong - I am not complaining because I didn't get the job. It just didn't feel right from the very begning (long dull greish open spaces, ugly building in the middle of nowhere, abrubt ppl, boring brands) and the further I went the less encouraging it got. Probably the only thing that kept me interested were the exceptionally high salaries they offer and it surely wasnt enough to get the job.

Interview Question – All competency based.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – -Apply online(submit resume, transcript etc)
-Online Psychometric test
-In person psychometric test
- phone interview
-Panel Interview

Interview Question – What is the hardest decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2012.

Interview Details – I went through the application process by global executive referral. The first interview was quite resume oriented. and you will be able to find their Procter and Gamble typical question anywhere on line. The second interview was more in depth. I was asked 3 questions.

Interview Question – why marketing?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details – Application online with online assessment (not very difficult, some pattern recognition and logic questions)
First round interview about one hour
Asked to go to a testing center to take a test that lasted about an hour. Simple math problems, some word problems, and more pattern recognition problems.
Second round interview talked to three different people. Repeated the same behavioral questions, but they all want you to answer in the same format: give the context, what was your contribution, and what was the outcome.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you convinced someone to do something.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my school and was contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview in the following week. The interview was entirely behavioural-focused and was conducted by two alumni. The interview itself was very comfortable and laid back. I was asked four or five questions that began with "Tell me about a time when..."

P&G expects (and informs you) that your answers be in the CAR (context, action, result) format and ask many follow-up questions to get all the details of the experience. I was contacted the next day and informed that I would not be continuing in the process. Regardless, the people seem to be genuinely nice and love their work and have kept in contact with me (following my initial contact after the interview).

Interview Questions

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Went through rounds 1 and 2, took an assessment and had two interviews. Didn't hear back again after that.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time that you had to use communication to settle conflicting personal working styles while working on a team   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!