Procter & Gamble

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

after doing the online test, got an invitation for a phone interview, and it took around one hour. all questions were about characters. it was really great experience.

Interview Questions
    • please show me an example that you took the initiative to be a leader of a team.   Answer Question

Information & Decision Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2013.

Phone Interview - This is probably one of the harder phone interviews I have done because it was so extensive. Rather than lasting around 30 mins, I was told the interview would last an hour and it ended up running to around an hour and a half. Every question asked was followed by 5 or so follow up questions - it was extremely thorough. However the guy interviewing me was really friendly and seemed to really understand that it was a two way process and that I wanted to know that P&G was a good fit for me. I was asked about my biggest achievement, how i prioritise, great team working, bad team working, solving conflict, why i was keen about IDS, leadership leadership leadership!!

Assessment day - You sit a round of testing again (after being taken to lunch if you have an afternoon session) which isn't too difficult - the practice they give you is obviously extremely easy in comparison so do not use that as your benchmark.
    The interview itself was extremely different from what I was expecting. I was interviewed by P&G when I was trying to get an internship the year before and I had a 1:1 interview and a 2:1 interview. Both were clear and structured with specific questions from a booklet being asked. This time was different - I only had one 2:1 interview (perhaps because of the heavy snow during my visit) and it was more of a conversation for an hour. They had booklet with clear things they had to ask but they started off by just asking me to tell them about what i done in my previous summer internship and they then went on with followed up questions. This made the interview good and bad at the same time. It was more relaxing and I really felt like I was able to show my personality and chat to the itnerviewers. However it was difficult in that as I wasn't getting specific questions I did not know what they were looking for and therefore could tailor or slant my answers to fit. However they must have liked what I said!

I was asked about the activities on my CV (mostly university societies), my previous part time jobs, how I deal with change, how i implement changes, ask extensively about activites during my summer placement which had elements of time management, project management and lots on team work. I was not asked something I could easily identify as a leadership question but i know this is very important to them so i weaved it throughout my answers.

Surprisingly, in neither interview was I asked why P&G or why me. However both times I was given the opportunity to add anything I wanted to say so I used that to show my passion for the company and why I was a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - just the format of the interview caught me off guard.   Answer Question