Procter & Gamble

Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.4

130 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

I went to a university workshop by P&G and turned in my resume/applied online (which includes a reasoning test). Within the next couple of days I received an email informing me they wanted to do a phone interview. Within the following week, the interview was conducted. Approximately 3-5 days after the interview, I was informed I made it pass the first interview and they wanted me to attend the "Super Recruiting Day." The trip was about 3-4 weeks after the phone interview (Nov 14th-15th, I think.) and they said they would have another one during December. Keep in mind, these dates were for the "Super Recruiting Days" relating to the P&G Beauty Research and Development interns. The first day we just had dinner with our day hosts. The following day, they showed us around and had a lot of work shops. We also had our interview (2-3 people interviewers per room) and retook the reasoning test. Everyone was really friendly and there was A LOT OF FOOD!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • All questions for interns will be related to your resume. Know it well!! They will throw some unexpected situation-al?/behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when ____________." Be sure to answer with CAR or STAR (same thing.) One of mine was about a time where I had to learn something difficult.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

first applied online then out of no where got an email inviting me down to their office for an assessment and interview. The assessment is ridiculously hard and the interview is all behavioral questions which can be very difficult. Other than that great people and great atmosphere, very difficult company to get in to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you applied your expertise in one field to a totally different field   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Everything was extremely professional. Regular follow ups were there. I had not only a rep in HR but another ABM who was a chaser to ensure that everything went well and to address any questions or concerns I had regarding Cincinnati, the role, the brand, etc. The questions were all behavioral and expected, grounded in the company's success drivers, which are readily available. Make sure that you have scenarios that highlight your skills sets along these vectors.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult or unexpected - with the right preparation, i.e., knowing the success drivers and applying your life experience to them!   Answer Question
    No negotiations but the offer was very competitive in all regards so I didn't feel a need to negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2014.

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 month - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2014. I was able to apply through college recruiting. I didn't have much finance background, so they didn't ask any technical questions, so much of the interview was aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning and why I wanted to work as a Consultant at Procter & Gamble.

Personally I did use The Ultimate Career Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the Procter & Gamble Interview Questions and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I would say to anyone that applies at Procter & Gamble just stay calm.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview was done over the phone. There was the technical manager, the business manager, and a research scientist all on the line at the same time. Pretty standard interview. They went through my CV and asked detailed questions about my publications, previous work experience etc... Many questions about research optimization, computational modeling, and math.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about research optimization and computational modeling which was difficult since my background was chemistry. Felt like they were asking the questions to see how I dealt with subjects outside of my area of expertise.   Answer Question
    Summer intern. No negotiation.

R&D Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview involved a phone screen, phone interview, then two online assessments (reasoning and personality), after that, they flew me to Cincinnati for a day visit which involved another reasoning and basic maths test, a panel interview, and a presentation on a topic of your choosing. It was long but fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go against procedure in the laboratory?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an extra $2k from my starting offer.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Date: October - January 2009 (during junior year of
    Role: Intern, Researcher
    Area: Baby Care, P&G, Research & Development

Process:
    Apply online & online screening tests: One is a behavioral/personality test to ensure you have the P&G values /cultural fit they seek and another is a reasoning test that includes math, logic and geo-spatial questions. I do not remember the questions on these online tests, but do take them seriously as you have to pass the online test in order to be hired at P&G.
    Submit resume- P&G comes to my school to actively recruit. I submitted my resume to a P&G employee who had come to my college to recruit because I had missed the school deadline.
    Email from interviewer/recruiting manager- A few weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager who had told me to call him if I was interested in the opportunity.
    Phone interview with hiring manager- A day or two later, I talked with him over the phone, and he did most of the talking. He asked me a little about my background and my resume. Then he spent the rest of the interview talking about how P&G tends to interview their candidates, and the role at P&G (for a materials position). After the phone call, he told me that he'd like me to come in, and said that a recruiter would be in touch.
    Schedule on-site interview with recruiter: 2-3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me about available dates for me to interview in January (which worked out perfectly since I was in school at the time). She then sent me two (2) documents. One sheet detailed the CAR Interview technique, and the other provided a list of example behavioral questions that I might be asked.
    On-site interview: Usually, a P&G employee, your day host will pick you up from the airport and treat you to dinner the night before. She will provide you with an interview schedule and answer any questions you might have. The actual interview day looks like this:
    -7AM:- 60-min reasoning test (math, geo-spatial questions)- you MUST pass this test in order to get an offer. If the interviewers love you but you don't pass, you will not be offered a job.
    -8AM-11AM: 3-4 interviews with another hiring manager and /or groups of managers. All questions are behavioral or related to your resume experience. They really want you to answer in the CAR technique so study it!
    -1130-1: Either your day host or another peer will take you out to lunch with a few coworkers. This is usually fun, and the coworkers generally come because it's a company-paid lunch! During this time, the interviewers all sit in a room and talk about you and your fit with the company. They will decide whether or not to hire you during this time.
    -130PM: Project discussion with another employee.
    -230PM: If they choose to hire you, you will be given an offer on your interview day (exact time will depend). If you do not hear that day, you may still have a chance but it would indicate that they are unsure of headcount or unsure about you (have another candidate lined up). If you are given an offer, you will immediately be taken to Health Services for a drug screen (official offer is given via email and pending drug screen results).

This interview process was for an internship but it is the same for ALL candidates. PhD candidates are asked to do a presentation.

I think most people get screened out by the online tests.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you were a member of a team with a specific goal. How did you reach your goal as a team? As an individual?   Answer Question
    P&G doesn't usually negotiate salaries as all entry-level salaries for a particular position is standard. There may be some cases where you can negotiate higher but this is rare. Also, P&G is promote from within which means anyone hired externally starts entry-level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I took the IQ test and had a 2:1 interview in the same day. Make sure to have a lot of leadership..Get a good night rest before the interview and eat a healthy breakfast because you are going to need the brain power :-)

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had limited resources to solve a problem? They asked this question twice in a different format.   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The process focuses too much on what school you attended and "leadership" as though everyone aspires to be CEO. The screening questionnaire is designed not to assess people and give them a reasonable opportunity to show their value, but as "gotcha" questions with certain key words or phrases desired as answers.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you took leadership and solved a problem.   View Answer
    There wasn't one, but I learned that before I interviewed, they had already offered the job to someone else. That person declined their offer, so I was then offered.