Procter & Gamble

123 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview was done over the phone. There was the technical manager, the business manager, and a research scientist all on the line at the same time. Pretty standard interview. They went through my CV and asked detailed questions about my publications, previous work experience etc... Many questions about research optimization, computational modeling, and math.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about research optimization and computational modeling which was difficult since my background was chemistry. Felt like they were asking the questions to see how I dealt with subjects outside of my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Summer intern. No negotiation.

R&D Researcher Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2010.

Interview Details – A total of 2 interviews.
1) The first interview was a phone interview which focused on asking questions related to my resume: work experience, extracurricular activities, etc.
2) The second interview was face to face with 2 interviewers. Like the previous interview the questions were all related to the information on my resume. However I was asked a few questions regarding situations in which I worked on group projects, how did I step up as a leader and what did I accomplish. The interview lasted over 1 hr, yet wasn't a really tedious process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you worked on a group project and encountered difficulties with one of the group members. What did you do to resolve this issue? What was accomplished afterwards?   View Answer

Supply Planner Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. You have to take an online assessment and if you are selected from that you'll need to take another in-person written assessment. You'll then be contacted to a face-to-face interview. My interview was with a three person panel, I was told you are required to interview with three people whether its three different interviews or all at once as mine was.

Interview Question – I don't recall the most difficult. Most of the questions are pretty standard, but they do ask a lot of question. Be prepared to offer up situations where you used problem solving and leadership skills, ensure you can provide detailed information about your examples.   Answer Question

CBD Intern Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Once I applied it took a few weeks to here if I would have the initial interview. Once I received a time I waited about two weeks until my phone interview. After conducting that interview I had to wait two months before hearing back.

Interview Question – They want to know a lot of what happened and what did you do situations so be planned and prepared.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Laborer/Production Line Interview

Lima, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2012.

Interview Details – There was no interview.

Interview Question – Not applicable--there was no interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted to come in for a day visit. The day visit consisted of a tour of the building, a test, an interview, and I was able to meet with some employees and ask questions about their experience.

Interview Question – Most difficult part of the process was the interview. 3:1 is pretty intimidating.   Answer Question

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager Interview

Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview. Questions are generally, "Tell me about a time when you..." No trick questions. They just want to understand your experiences and how you have handled situations in the past. Leadership is very important.

Interview Question – No trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details – Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Question – Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

R&D Researcher Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – The interview involved a phone screen, phone interview, then two online assessments (reasoning and personality), after that, they flew me to Cincinnati for a day visit which involved another reasoning and basic maths test, a panel interview, and a presentation on a topic of your choosing. It was long but fairly easy.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to go against procedure in the laboratory?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an extra $2k from my starting offer.

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Date: October - January 2009 (during junior year of
Role: Intern, Researcher
Area: Baby Care, P&G, Research & Development

Process:
Apply online & online screening tests: One is a behavioral/personality test to ensure you have the P&G values /cultural fit they seek and another is a reasoning test that includes math, logic and geo-spatial questions. I do not remember the questions on these online tests, but do take them seriously as you have to pass the online test in order to be hired at P&G.
Submit resume- P&G comes to my school to actively recruit. I submitted my resume to a P&G employee who had come to my college to recruit because I had missed the school deadline.
Email from interviewer/recruiting manager- A few weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager who had told me to call him if I was interested in the opportunity.
Phone interview with hiring manager- A day or two later, I talked with him over the phone, and he did most of the talking. He asked me a little about my background and my resume. Then he spent the rest of the interview talking about how P&G tends to interview their candidates, and the role at P&G (for a materials position). After the phone call, he told me that he'd like me to come in, and said that a recruiter would be in touch.
Schedule on-site interview with recruiter: 2-3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me about available dates for me to interview in January (which worked out perfectly since I was in school at the time). She then sent me two (2) documents. One sheet detailed the CAR Interview technique, and the other provided a list of example behavioral questions that I might be asked.
On-site interview: Usually, a P&G employee, your day host will pick you up from the airport and treat you to dinner the night before. She will provide you with an interview schedule and answer any questions you might have. The actual interview day looks like this:
-7AM:- 60-min reasoning test (math, geo-spatial questions)- you MUST pass this test in order to get an offer. If the interviewers love you but you don't pass, you will not be offered a job.
-8AM-11AM: 3-4 interviews with another hiring manager and /or groups of managers. All questions are behavioral or related to your resume experience. They really want you to answer in the CAR technique so study it!
-1130-1: Either your day host or another peer will take you out to lunch with a few coworkers. This is usually fun, and the coworkers generally come because it's a company-paid lunch! During this time, the interviewers all sit in a room and talk about you and your fit with the company. They will decide whether or not to hire you during this time.
-130PM: Project discussion with another employee.
-230PM: If they choose to hire you, you will be given an offer on your interview day (exact time will depend). If you do not hear that day, you may still have a chance but it would indicate that they are unsure of headcount or unsure about you (have another candidate lined up). If you are given an offer, you will immediately be taken to Health Services for a drug screen (official offer is given via email and pending drug screen results).

This interview process was for an internship but it is the same for ALL candidates. PhD candidates are asked to do a presentation.

I think most people get screened out by the online tests.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were a member of a team with a specific goal. How did you reach your goal as a team? As an individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G doesn't usually negotiate salaries as all entry-level salaries for a particular position is standard. There may be some cases where you can negotiate higher but this is rare. Also, P&G is promote from within which means anyone hired externally starts entry-level.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ With the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble interview questions and advice in Ohio. All 123 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.