Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – It starts with the "on line test". Do not take this lightly! It evaluates your reasoning skills and your potential as a manager/leader. If you fail the test, your interviewing process stops before it starts. And you will have to wait another year before you can take it again!
Since I was an experienced candidate (not a right-out-of-college grad), I did an initial phone interview, then I was asked to do a site interview. I was flown out to the site, did a series of 1:1 conversations with other managers (including breakfast and lunch), then was given a tour (where I asked lots of questions), then a 2:1 interview with the plant manager and one of the Ops Manager. Within one hour, I was given an offer (a letter stating my salary). Interestingly they knew there wasn't an immediate opening just yet, so I had to agree that I would be ok not knowing my exact position until I started my employment. (2 months later). I stated that I" understand", and that I would let them know my decision within two days. From there I did a drug test, and flew home. The whole process from start to finish was 4 weeks, and overall I think it was very fair and well executed.

Interview Question – So why do you want to work for P&G manufacturing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The offer is the offer.

Albany, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Three total interviews and one global reasoning test. The first was with two company employees who have work for 3-5 years, the second was a one on one with a guy who worked for 30+ years. The last was with the head of HR and head of paper making operations on site in Albany. All questions were similar behavioral questions..

Interview Question – Think about a time where you work on a project and you joined different points of view to come up with a solution.   Answer Question

Mehoopany, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2009.

Interview Details – Online assessment, on campus interview, site visit including additional assessment, panel interview, tour

Interview Question – Online assessment- behavioral portion is the most difficult step   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Applied right out college. Response took 4+ weeks

Interview Question – None... general questions about background, challenges. Goal is making sure you fit in with the company culture   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2011.

Interview Details – Online/On-Site Technical Test:
Can't study for it. Kind of like the ACT or something. Just competency.

On-Campus Interview:
Asked non-technical performance/behavioral based questions.
"Tell us about a time you had a difficult co-worker. How did you resolve the conflicts"
"Tell us about a time when you had to change directions suddenly in a project course"
"etc"
Really it's a company with strong values and they are looking for people with good personalities and character. So their interview process is all about filtering people through to see who can drive results, who can have fun, and who is competent enough to compete within.

Site-Visit and Interview:
Consisted of several interviews with upper management. Asked very similar questions to on-campus. Trying to learn about you, your styles, your personality. Just trying to see if you somehow slipped through the cracks and just making sure they liked you. Not too bad, just was myself and it worked out pretty well. Iowa City has a very nice workforce and the environment is great, clean, and fun.

Interview Question – Describe your largest weakness that you've struggled to develop.   View Answer

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2011.

Interview Details – A reasoning and personality test, then an interview on campus, and finally an interview at the plant site.

Interview Question – Describe a time something unexpected happened and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2008.

Interview Details – You have to start online and register. Then you have to pass an online test before you can apply for any jobs. Once you pass the online test your resume will be submitted to the hiring manager. The manager then selects who he wants to interview. If chosen there will be two more tests to be taken during the interview.

Interview Question – There are no specific questions that are difficult   Answer Question

Mehoopany, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2011.

Interview Details – They contact you within a month after your first interview to do an on site interview. They schedule you for a day and you come in and take a tour. They make you take a reasoning test where you have to fill in the next corresponding shape in the pattern. Then they do lunch and an hour long interview with 2 people in the room. If they accept you, they tell you and make you an offer at the end of the day.

Interview Question – describe a time when you found a creative solution to a difficult problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me an annual salary and told me I had a month to decide.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2011.

Interview Details – I talked to P&G at my university career fair, and they asked me for a one-on-one interview the next day. The recruiter initially asked me about the things on my resume and basic behavioral questions. About a week later, they called me for an on site interview with two leaders of the plant. I needed to take an hour long skills test which wasn't so difficult, and then the leaders asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem you have had when working with another person?   View Answer

Salt Lake City, UT

Interview Details – The interview is 50% personal questions about your resume, 50% behavior. After my initial contact with the company at the college career fair, and having completed the online application, a recruiter requested a 1:1 interview. However, I guess I didn't perform well enough on their competency screening (which is like puzzles) so I wasn't offered a further round. I would recommend you take your time on it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get a group of people excited about your idea.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had a problem with someone, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!