Procter & Gamble

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Process Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – It starts with the "on line test". Do not take this lightly! It evaluates your reasoning skills and your potential as a manager/leader. If you fail the test, your interviewing process stops before it starts. And you will have to wait another year before you can take it again!
Since I was an experienced candidate (not a right-out-of-college grad), I did an initial phone interview, then I was asked to do a site interview. I was flown out to the site, did a series of 1:1 conversations with other managers (including breakfast and lunch), then was given a tour (where I asked lots of questions), then a 2:1 interview with the plant manager and one of the Ops Manager. Within one hour, I was given an offer (a letter stating my salary). Interestingly they knew there wasn't an immediate opening just yet, so I had to agree that I would be ok not knowing my exact position until I started my employment. (2 months later). I stated that I" understand", and that I would let them know my decision within two days. From there I did a drug test, and flew home. The whole process from start to finish was 4 weeks, and overall I think it was very fair and well executed.

Interview Question – So why do you want to work for P&G manufacturing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The offer is the offer.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – 1. Applied online and took Behavioral test and IQ test online ( Once I passed the tests, they took less than 1 week to contact me)
2. In person reasoning test ( they contacted me after a week and offered first round interview)
3. Initial interview with Team manager. This would be a behavioral interview (If I pass this round, I'll be called for the second round interview)

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – First we started with psychometric tests, then mathematical, logical, geometrical tests. When successufly passed, wé moved to HR interview, then another interview with 3 operation managers, then à final interview with the plant manager.

Interview Question – What have done to overcome overload of work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have salary grid for new hirees, no possible négociation

Process Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted online, went there for 2 rounds. First rounds starts with mathematical and reasoning test, which you have to pass. Nothing difficult, there is a time limit but very doable.

Then interview with HR, very friendly, common questions. Called me back the day after for a second interview with plant manager and visiting manager. Same kind of questions (pay a lot of attention to leadership qualities, entrepreneurial...) So make sure you are prepared for that. Nothing technical.

Interview Question – Could you imagine possible problems when working with people from the south and the north? When did you led a team with people with large age differences (never did)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – benefits weren't that good, and job content was very little technical.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details – Got an interview after attending iq test. The same interview was carried about by 4 different people on the same day which was a tedious process and an unintelligent one at that. Spent a very long day answering unimaginative questions. Was not impressed by the recruiting process. Was not offered a lunch break.

Interview Question – There were none the questions were quite mundane   Answer Question

Process Engineer
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process for Process Engineer position:
Step 1: Apply online.
Step 2: Online test: Personality and IQ.
Step 3: Paper test at P&G General Office: IQ test and Reasoning test.
Step 4: Initial Interview at P&G General Office with 1 HR: All question is about what I did in the past. No technical question.
All answer must follow this construction:
- Situation
- My action
- Results
Step 5: Final Interview with manager: I think I will not have chance to go to this Interview round :(
Step 6: Offer!

Now is 26/03/2014, and I'm waiting for the result. But I think I fail after Initial Interview.
This is the fist time I go to real interview, they are very profession. I learn a lot of things from this interview. Thank P&G for giving the chance. Maybe I will come back next year. :D

Interview Questions

Process Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to change their opinions

Interview Question – When could you have been more aware of a situation   Answer Question

Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via online application. Sat two psychometric tests (both easy). Got to final interview and was denied

Interview Question – Name a difficult academic situation you have encountered.   Answer Question

Albany, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details – Three total interviews and one global reasoning test. The first was with two company employees who have work for 3-5 years, the second was a one on one with a guy who worked for 30+ years. The last was with the head of HR and head of paper making operations on site in Albany. All questions were similar behavioral questions..

Interview Question – Think about a time where you work on a project and you joined different points of view to come up with a solution.   Answer Question

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2011.

Interview Details – you start off with the reasoning test (can find sample questions online) then after passing that they call you in for an interview day where you can have 5-6 interviews back to back. the interviews mainly tackle your personality and life experiences and are not very technical, they just try to find out about you as a personal and about your personal traits and whether you have the personality that they are looking for. Leadership is very valued for this position.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions per say as this is a behavioral interview were they find out about you and about your personal experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate as i joined fresh from college and i just wanted to learn more.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!