Procter & Gamble Researcher Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.2

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

First you have to go through an online test after your application submission on the career portal. Then you may get called down for a on-site Reasoning test with a time limit, taken with a group of candidates. Finally an interview with 2 interviewers (considered Rounds 1 & 2).

Interview Questions

• Pick a P&G brand/product and tell me how you would improve on it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2013.

Interview

I first interviewed on campus. That one is more of a "first look" and they will decide whether or not to continue with you or not. I interviewed with someone at a high technical level.
    Secondly, I did an on-line interview. That one sucked. It was super long and had a logic test. The logic test wasn't hard, it was just long. Do some practice logic tests online and you'll do fine.
    Third was the on-site interview. This interview had several interviews throughout the day in addition to another logic test. I had two one-on-one interviews and one panel interview. Before the interview, I wrote out answers to all the "P&G interview questions" I found online. It really helped because they didn't deviate from the script at all, really.
    The offer was made the day of the interview, but that did not happen for all my colleagues. so don't despair of you go

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions that say, "describe a time when... "   1 Answer
    • They have a logic test which is long, but not terribly difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate, but I wish I had. The vacation offer is pretty weak (2 weeks). I haven't heard of anyone that had a successful negotiation, but some people will tell you everything is negotiable so it's probably worth a shot.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

There are online tests, as well as a written test. After passing all 3, you will then be asked to come down for an interview. There will be another final round of interview which determines if you will be offered a position in the company. The duration of the entire process is very lengthy therefore you have to be prepared to wait.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for situational questions, such as crisis management. Be sure to mention the results of your actions. Show that you take on ownership of projects/tasks.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

Online application through their website and a success drivers online assessment. This is followed by a reasoning test at their office. After which, the first round of interview was conducted by two section heads, one of whom was the hiring manager. In the second round of interview, it was a 1 to 1 interview with an associate director.

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked by my interviewers were behavioral type questions. Examples of these can be found online.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as I am a fresh graduate.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Phone call from HR to arrage the interview. One papaer test in the morning, three face to face interviews in the afternoon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

I was contacted to come in for a day visit. The day visit consisted of a tour of the building, a test, an interview, and I was able to meet with some employees and ask questions about their experience.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of the process was the interview. 3:1 is pretty intimidating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Date: October - January 2009 (during junior year of
    Role: Intern, Researcher
    Area: Baby Care, P&G, Research & Development

Process:
    Apply online & online screening tests: One is a behavioral/personality test to ensure you have the P&G values /cultural fit they seek and another is a reasoning test that includes math, logic and geo-spatial questions. I do not remember the questions on these online tests, but do take them seriously as you have to pass the online test in order to be hired at P&G.
    Submit resume- P&G comes to my school to actively recruit. I submitted my resume to a P&G employee who had come to my college to recruit because I had missed the school deadline.
    Email from interviewer/recruiting manager- A few weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager who had told me to call him if I was interested in the opportunity.
    Phone interview with hiring manager- A day or two later, I talked with him over the phone, and he did most of the talking. He asked me a little about my background and my resume. Then he spent the rest of the interview talking about how P&G tends to interview their candidates, and the role at P&G (for a materials position). After the phone call, he told me that he'd like me to come in, and said that a recruiter would be in touch.
    Schedule on-site interview with recruiter: 2-3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me about available dates for me to interview in January (which worked out perfectly since I was in school at the time). She then sent me two (2) documents. One sheet detailed the CAR Interview technique, and the other provided a list of example behavioral questions that I might be asked.
    On-site interview: Usually, a P&G employee, your day host will pick you up from the airport and treat you to dinner the night before. She will provide you with an interview schedule and answer any questions you might have. The actual interview day looks like this:
    -7AM:- 60-min reasoning test (math, geo-spatial questions)- you MUST pass this test in order to get an offer. If the interviewers love you but you don't pass, you will not be offered a job.
    -8AM-11AM: 3-4 interviews with another hiring manager and /or groups of managers. All questions are behavioral or related to your resume experience. They really want you to answer in the CAR technique so study it!
    -1130-1: Either your day host or another peer will take you out to lunch with a few coworkers. This is usually fun, and the coworkers generally come because it's a company-paid lunch! During this time, the interviewers all sit in a room and talk about you and your fit with the company. They will decide whether or not to hire you during this time.
    -130PM: Project discussion with another employee.
    -230PM: If they choose to hire you, you will be given an offer on your interview day (exact time will depend). If you do not hear that day, you may still have a chance but it would indicate that they are unsure of headcount or unsure about you (have another candidate lined up). If you are given an offer, you will immediately be taken to Health Services for a drug screen (official offer is given via email and pending drug screen results).

This interview process was for an internship but it is the same for ALL candidates. PhD candidates are asked to do a presentation.

I think most people get screened out by the online tests.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were a member of a team with a specific goal. How did you reach your goal as a team? As an individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation

P&G doesn't usually negotiate salaries as all entry-level salaries for a particular position is standard. There may be some cases where you can negotiate higher but this is rare. Also, P&G is promote from within which means anyone hired externally starts entry-level.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Egham, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

Verbal reasoning test, numerical reasoning test, abstract reasoning test, online application, online assessment of personality and panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions which required me to state the cause of the situation, the action taken and then the result for some scenarios.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

My interview was quick as I got a recommendation off my previous co-op

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In this position P&g does not negotiate they were non receptive to negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

The process I went through started by taking the online tests. It takes a while. After passing the tests, you can be contacted for a phone interview. I had a phone interview that was focused on asking me what I've done and what experiences I had. I then was told they wanted to do an in person interview. For the in person interview, there was a full day event. I was flown in and taken to dinner the night before. The following day I had to take the same online test in person. I went through a panel interview followed by a research plant tour. I was allowed to ask questions and was encouraged to. We went to lunch and did the process again. I had another tour and panel interview. In the end I was offered the full time position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how technology could be used to help the company.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.