Procter & Gamble

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2014.

Interview Details – Online application through their website and a success drivers online assessment. This is followed by a reasoning test at their office. After which, the first round of interview was conducted by two section heads, one of whom was the hiring manager. In the second round of interview, it was a 1 to 1 interview with an associate director.

Interview Question – All the questions asked by my interviewers were behavioral type questions. Examples of these can be found online.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as I am a fresh graduate.

Researcher

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Phone call from HR to arrage the interview. One papaer test in the morning, three face to face interviews in the afternoon

Interview Question – technical questions   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted to come in for a day visit. The day visit consisted of a tour of the building, a test, an interview, and I was able to meet with some employees and ask questions about their experience.

Interview Question – Most difficult part of the process was the interview. 3:1 is pretty intimidating.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – Date: October - January 2009 (during junior year of
Role: Intern, Researcher
Area: Baby Care, P&G, Research & Development

Process:
Apply online & online screening tests: One is a behavioral/personality test to ensure you have the P&G values /cultural fit they seek and another is a reasoning test that includes math, logic and geo-spatial questions. I do not remember the questions on these online tests, but do take them seriously as you have to pass the online test in order to be hired at P&G.
Submit resume- P&G comes to my school to actively recruit. I submitted my resume to a P&G employee who had come to my college to recruit because I had missed the school deadline.
Email from interviewer/recruiting manager- A few weeks later, I was contacted by the hiring manager who had told me to call him if I was interested in the opportunity.
Phone interview with hiring manager- A day or two later, I talked with him over the phone, and he did most of the talking. He asked me a little about my background and my resume. Then he spent the rest of the interview talking about how P&G tends to interview their candidates, and the role at P&G (for a materials position). After the phone call, he told me that he'd like me to come in, and said that a recruiter would be in touch.
Schedule on-site interview with recruiter: 2-3 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me about available dates for me to interview in January (which worked out perfectly since I was in school at the time). She then sent me two (2) documents. One sheet detailed the CAR Interview technique, and the other provided a list of example behavioral questions that I might be asked.
On-site interview: Usually, a P&G employee, your day host will pick you up from the airport and treat you to dinner the night before. She will provide you with an interview schedule and answer any questions you might have. The actual interview day looks like this:
-7AM:- 60-min reasoning test (math, geo-spatial questions)- you MUST pass this test in order to get an offer. If the interviewers love you but you don't pass, you will not be offered a job.
-8AM-11AM: 3-4 interviews with another hiring manager and /or groups of managers. All questions are behavioral or related to your resume experience. They really want you to answer in the CAR technique so study it!
-1130-1: Either your day host or another peer will take you out to lunch with a few coworkers. This is usually fun, and the coworkers generally come because it's a company-paid lunch! During this time, the interviewers all sit in a room and talk about you and your fit with the company. They will decide whether or not to hire you during this time.
-130PM: Project discussion with another employee.
-230PM: If they choose to hire you, you will be given an offer on your interview day (exact time will depend). If you do not hear that day, you may still have a chance but it would indicate that they are unsure of headcount or unsure about you (have another candidate lined up). If you are given an offer, you will immediately be taken to Health Services for a drug screen (official offer is given via email and pending drug screen results).

This interview process was for an internship but it is the same for ALL candidates. PhD candidates are asked to do a presentation.

I think most people get screened out by the online tests.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were a member of a team with a specific goal. How did you reach your goal as a team? As an individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – P&G doesn't usually negotiate salaries as all entry-level salaries for a particular position is standard. There may be some cases where you can negotiate higher but this is rare. Also, P&G is promote from within which means anyone hired externally starts entry-level.

Egham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in January 2010.

Interview Details – Verbal reasoning test, numerical reasoning test, abstract reasoning test, online application, online assessment of personality and panel interview.

Interview Question – Asked questions which required me to state the cause of the situation, the action taken and then the result for some scenarios.   Answer Question

Researcher

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details – My interview was quick as I got a recommendation off my previous co-op

Interview Question – The offer was not to appealing at first   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In this position P&g does not negotiate they were non receptive to negotiation

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process I went through started by taking the online tests. It takes a while. After passing the tests, you can be contacted for a phone interview. I had a phone interview that was focused on asking me what I've done and what experiences I had. I then was told they wanted to do an in person interview. For the in person interview, there was a full day event. I was flown in and taken to dinner the night before. The following day I had to take the same online test in person. I went through a panel interview followed by a research plant tour. I was allowed to ask questions and was encouraged to. We went to lunch and did the process again. I had another tour and panel interview. In the end I was offered the full time position.

Interview Question – I was asked how technology could be used to help the company.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details – Online Application through their website

Online Test

Paper-based Test (3 parts, the simple calculation, the company-related behavior, logic test with pictures)

Interviews (It's an individual interview. A person can be interviewed twice or thrice with in total be interviewed by three different people. The last one would be the head of the department that you are interested in)

Scientific Discussion (I did it through phone call since I was overseas) with your functional manager or co-worker.

Interview Question – Very technical questions, in my case:
How do you know this shampoo is contaminated? How could you test that?
  View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5+ months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2011.

Interview Details – The initial step was the online application. Immediately following this, I took a personality assessment which consisted of several hundred questions. After this, there was a quick reasoning test. Fairly straightforward, just pay attention. A month or two after that, I got a call about doing a phone interview. A few weeks later, I did the phone interview and aced it - it's very typical situational leadership/personality questions. A few weeks later, I got asked to come up for a day visit. At the day visit, I was given a more rigorous IQ type test followed by a panel interview with two senior scientists. Just be sure to nerd out and don't be afraid to go into excruciating detail into what you know. After that was a drug test and that's it. An offer was made that very day before I left.

Interview Question – Explain one situation where you had to disobey your management to get something done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't accept the offer on the spot because I wanted to negotiate. I was able to raise my offer by about $2k. It wasn't as high as I wanted, but I took it at that point. My advice is to start HIGH. The worst they can say is no, which if they do, you just come back down slowly. If you passed the hiring process, it means they want you, they think you'll be a valuable contribution to the company. Don't be afraid to push back.

Researcher

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and completed two assessments. I received a phone call two months later informing me that I was selected for a phone interview. The interviewer asked situational/behavioral interview questions. The interview lasted for an hour. I advise anyone seeking employment with P&G to prepare well for their interview. I read several books of interview questions and practiced with friends beforehand. A few months later a P&G representative called to inform me that the company announced a hiring freeze :(.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Researcher interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.