Procter & Gamble Scientist Interview Questions

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2013.

Interview during recruiter campus visit, several phone interviews (about 2), interviews at the site in November

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about a time when you expertise or in-depth knowledge of a specific subject area enabled you to take charge and solve a problem, and what were the results?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2010.

I was contacted by the recruiting person that directed me to a online test that consisted of behavioral question regarding to leadership, creativity, etc. Next day I was contacted by a senior scientist of the division who interviewed me by phone. The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes. First part of the interview I was asked about my research, than all behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleague".
    The next phase I was invited for a onsite interview.
    I had a dinner the night before the day visit.
    I gave a seminar to about 15 people about my research. I was interviewed by many scientists and also had some project discussions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when, if you had been more flexible, things would have worked out better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have different opinions from someone how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, the offer was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Three weeks after applying online to a posted position, I was contacted to completed a "success drivers" assessment and to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral-based "success drivers" type questions.I was invited for an on-site interview a week later, and this interview consisted of a 1-hr long presentation followed by project discussions and more interviews for the remainder of the day. The interviews and project discussions were with the associate directors and directors. Much of the questions during the interviews were again behavioral-based "success drivers" type questions. These questions are not easy to prepare for, and in order to perform well, one must be able to provide an articulate, intelligent and concise response to the question. I was given an offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    • If you could relive your life all over again, what would you do differently, in terms of education or career choices?   View Answer
    My attempt to negotiate a higher salary or signing bonus was not successful. The company seems to be pretty rigid with compensation. Not once during my interview did anyone ask what my salary expectations were and what my salary with my current employer was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Gave phone interview to scientist applicant. Asked standard battery of questions regarding skills for the Scientist role (e.g. specific to microscopy - so what type of experience the person had - # years, types of instruments, what they used the most etc.). Asked what they look for in an ideal job - i.e. Do they expect to work in a lab most of the time, some of the time (what %), how much they like to manage projects, do basic research, write up reports/results. etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing, I did not ask about you, but I should have asked about you? (Asked at end of interview).   View Answer

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

I posted my resume to a general resume book compiled by my department. The recruiter said she asked certain departments for the resume book and contacts the people she would like to interview. She and I happened to follow a similar educational path (we attended the same higher education schools) so that was a starting point for the conversation. She first asked me to describe my research in 6-8 minutes and since she and I worked in completely different fields, she stopped to ask me questions and it took closer to 20 minutes. I tried to apologize and she said I clearly showed enthusiasm and excitement about my research. She also asked me what I'm most proud of and times when I've led a team. At the end, she told me to go and specifically apply for certain jobs she thought I would be good for through the P&G website.

Scientist Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2011.

After applying, I got an email to complete the online assessment and then the test. I passed that and got an interview phone call.

Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2011.

The interview was done in one day, many candidates. 3 rounds in total, each last about an hour. Lots of waiting time in between. The interviewer are nice and friendly, questions are mostly behaviour type ones. Then they will give marks based on 3 criteria, power of mind, people and agility.

Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2011.

The interview process starts online. In addition to the usual resume-type information, there was a rather long behavioral-type questionnaire (leadership, analytical skills, etc) and a timed analytical test (pattern recognition, IQ test type questions). Next, an on-site analytical test that I did not go through, apparently candidates with PhD degrees can skip this test. Then an interview day with 3 interviews each with 2-3 managers from different functions within R&D. Most question revolves on a fixed set of capabilities: leadership, analytical thinking, problem solving, team work. We hear back within 2 weeks on the decision, and an additional few weeks for placement to specific department/ function. Some hiccups and delay along the way, understandable since it is one of the first recruitment efforts for Singapore R&D organization. Overall a good experience

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that stands out. Question about our weakness do come out.   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2009.

after online application, there is an online test to determine compatibility with the company. Once you clear that, there was a written aptitude test. Clearing that, there is the interview session (at least 2 interviewers).
    The whole process (application to getting the offer) is about 6 - 7 weeks affair.

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2009.

Got an interview with the recruiter when he came to campus. Before the interview, I had to take a test online which is consisted of mostly personality questions to test one's decisions in a group setting. There will also be additional personality questions in the actual interview. Because this is a campus recruiting, there is not a specific title we were applying for. Unfortunately, never heard from them after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time when you take leadership in a project?   Answer Question