Procurian

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews

Program Management Interview

Program Management

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Procurian in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional team. Great follow-up days after the interview to keep you well informed on the interview progress. The interview team will consist of key stakeholders. The interview team held 1 on 1 interviews all within the same day and over a course of several hours. The HR team is very knowledgeable about the organization. ICG Commerce during the interview provides you with water and brochure information about the company and tries to make you feel welcome. They also will give a company tour before you get started.

Interview Question – Be prepared to give very specific technical examples when answering questions. Overall, every question was specific to the job and their expectations.   Answer Question

Logistics Lead Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Procurian in January 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed back in January while the company was still called ICG Commerce. I initially had a phone interview with HR, followed by a trip to King of Prussia for a long day of interviews. Overall, I had a very good experience with the interview process. The interview was set up with different team members and I was impressed with the very diverse background most of them had, which I find positive in terms of team contribution and very strategic. Most interview questions were experience and knowledge based. All the people I interviewed with were very open and seemed sincere with their answers as well as pretty clear with thei expectations. Very young team, and most have held several positions within ICG, or have been with ICG for a long time.

I didn’t care for the open floor environment – just a personal preference.

Interview Question – Work experience and some situational type of questions.   Answer Question

Contract Services Associate Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procurian in April 2012.

Interview Details – First was contacted by phone by their recruiter, then hiring manager did phone interview, next HR sent me an email to complete documents/application and also an online personality test. Then they had me come in for formal interview to meet with 5 people. They do not do second round of face-to-face interview, if they like you after 1 face-to-face interview they will usually hire you.

Interview Question – none questions were appropriate and expected for position being hired for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, I tried to negotiate for a higher salary and they just said "no" right off the bat, no room for negotiation.

Buyer Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procurian in January 2011.

Interview Details – They asked a lot of math questions and where do I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Question – 8% of 4580   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Project Sourcing Associate Interview

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procurian in August 2011.

Interview Details – professional however the overall impression completely changed when you join the company

Interview Question – do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – in my case no negotiations, my salary expectation was higher but was not accepted. Today I would insist on the amount because I know that some other colleagues have less experiences for a higher salary

Category Management Associate Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Procurian in February 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR and then had 3 in person interviews in 1 day followed by 3 more in person interviews 3 weeks later. Received an offer a week or so after my final interviews and accepted a day later.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Mostly around me explaining what I had done in the past and how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Accepted first offer.

Sourcing Lead Interview

Sourcing Lead
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Procurian in April 2010.

Interview Details – Since I worked for one of their competitors it seemed a transparent attempt to gather info about my former employer who also sells procurement as a service. They didn't discuss the potential job, work expectations, etc. They were far more interested in how my former employer gathered data on market prices, etc. Not a positive experience as I was far more knowledgeable than the people I interviewed with. A former colleague also interviewed with them about the same time (for an alleged different position) and had the same impression.

Interview Question – Numerous questions related to understanding whether a service is competitively priced.   Answer Question

Sourcing Associate Interview

Sourcing Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Procurian in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online.
Phone interview with HR.
In-person interview with HR, Hiring Manager, and Group Manager.

Interview Question – What do you read?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given my unemployment status, I used my prior salary as my only negotiating lever.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Procurian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procurian interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procurian employees and interview candidates.