Professional Security Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Professional Security Consultants

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Professional Security Consultants.

Interview

basiclly just makes sure that you're human and hires you. There was like no 'what would you do' questions. Some peeople looked like hippies or wore basketball shorts and still got hired.

Assistant Security Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Woodland Hills, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an e-mail soliciting for an open position from the Director of Security at Westfield Promenade mall in Woodland Hills. I replied with my interest to learn more of the position and soon received a phone call from him. Set it up and made the drive out there. I had to wait another 25 minutes due to his other interview going over. Overheard many of the security guards talk about how they slammed some guy onto the ground and they were laughing about it. A bit unprofessional but understandable due to their age/experience but dually noted. When I finally went in to interview I sat down with the Director and Assistant Director. I asked if I could take notes and the Director snidely remarked that they would be the ones taking notes. OK. Not sure if he was joking but I quickly realized he was not. They went over some "general details" of the position which to me was not very informative at all. I was asked about myself and began speaking about myself and experience. Immediately the Director seemed a bit distracted, as he was on and off of his phone texting and fiddling with papers on the file cabinet behind him. The Assistant Director seemed to listen and answered most of my questions as to why the position was opened, etc. After the Director appeared to have finished what was keeping him distracted he asked if I had any questions about the position, which I had several. After asking the second or third question he once again snidely remarks, "What is the deal? This feels like you are interviewing us and not the other way around!" I explain that I must ensure that the position is a great fit for me as much as he must consider if I am good fit as well. By then I quickly decided this was not the job for me. I was then told what the salary was ($25,000) which was a joke. I shook hands with the Assistant Director and noticed that the Director did not reach out to shake my hand. I left and wrote it off as very bad interview experience.

Interview Questions

• This whole interview was awful. I never wanted to run out of an interview in my entire life. It took everything in my professional mind and wits to keep it cool. I mentioned my salary up front in the initial phone interview and was told that my salary could be met. That was a lie.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants.

Interview

Applied in person, job was mine as soon as I even asked for an application so we had more of a "casual conversation" than an interview. Interviewer was straight forward about job expectations and workplace environment. Conducted background check and driving record check, was training in a matter of 2 days.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a craigslist ad. The following week, I received a somewhat confusing call from one of the managers. He had assumed that this was the only job I applied to and didn't mention the name of the company and hung up before I could get a word in. He just gave me a date and time. I called back and got the company name. I went in twice. The first time I spoke to the man from the phone. This was not an interview, but rather him giving me an overview of the company. He told me I would be called back for another interview. I got the call and a few days later I was back in their lobby. This time there was another gentlemen who appeared to be interviewing as well. My future boss entered and took me to her office for the interview. It was brief and a few hours after I got home I received the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you can do this job.   1 Answer

P S C Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very unprofessional. For the first 5 months each check I had I had to use for equipment. Anything to uniforms to first aid kits. I spent over 500 bucks on the job alone. It took me a while to pay off since the pay is beyond poor.

Negotiation

Poor. I only took the job cause I needed one. I will quit this company soon once I line something else up

Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

PSC pretty much hired me on the spot after completing an application. They didn't do a background check or drug screen.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a salary and I accepted it. They said that would increase but it was extremely slow.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants (Fairfield, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was held in the manager's office and consisted of them identifying my wants to gain the position and ability to handle stressful envirnoments. I felt that the interview was pretty easy it is just hard to actually get and interview. Once you have the interview be expected to be asked about your 5 year plan and recent experience working in security and working with the public.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Consider making sure you are ready to explain how you deal under stressful situations and ability to understand that customer service is a main part of this position

Security Officer Interview

Interview

Basically, is you have your certs, you'll get hired on.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants.

Interview

Very simple questions that anyone can answer. They look for people who want to be there for years and dedicate themselves to the job. Most important question they ask you is what you will do career wise in a year and 5 years.

Interview Questions

• None. Simple interview for security officer position.   1 Answer