Professional Security Consultants

Interviews for Top Jobs at Professional Security Consultants

Assistant Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants in May 2014.

Received an e-mail soliciting for an open position from the Director of Security at Westfield Promenade mall in Woodland Hills. I replied with my interest to learn more of the position and soon received a phone call from him. Set it up and made the drive out there. I had to wait another 25 minutes due to his other interview going over.

Overheard many of the security guards talk about how they slammed some guy onto the ground and they were laughing about it. A bit unprofessional but understandable due to their age/experience but dually noted.

When I finally went in to interview I sat down with the Director and Assistant Director. I asked if I could take notes and the Director snidely remarked that they would be the ones taking notes. OK. Not sure if he was joking but I quickly realized he was not. They went over some "general details" of the position which to me was not very informative at all. I was asked about myself and began speaking about myself and experience. Immediately the Director seemed a bit distracted, as he was on and off of his phone texting and fiddling with papers on the file cabinet behind him. The Assistant Director seemed to listen and answered most of my questions as to why the position was opened, etc.

After the Director appeared to have finished what was keeping him distracted he asked if I had any questions about the position, which I had several. After asking the second or third question he once again snidely remarks, "What is the deal? This feels like you are interviewing us and not the other way around!" I explain that I must ensure that the position is a great fit for me as much as he must consider if I am good fit as well. By then I quickly decided this was not the job for me. I was then told what the salary was ($25,000) which was a joke. I shook hands with the Assistant Director and noticed that the Director did not reach out to shake my hand. I left and wrote it off as very bad interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • This whole interview was awful. I never wanted to run out of an interview in my entire life. It took everything in my professional mind and wits to keep it cool. I mentioned my salary up front in the initial phone interview and was told that my salary could be met. That was a lie.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants.

Applied in person, job was mine as soon as I even asked for an application so we had more of a "casual conversation" than an interview. Interviewer was straight forward about job expectations and workplace environment. Conducted background check and driving record check, was training in a matter of 2 days.

P S C Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Professional Security Consultants in January 2010.

The hiring process was very unprofessional. For the first 5 months each check I had I had to use for equipment. Anything to uniforms to first aid kits. I spent over 500 bucks on the job alone. It took me a while to pay off since the pay is beyond poor.

Poor. I only took the job cause I needed one. I will quit this company soon once I line something else up

Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants in October 2009.

PSC pretty much hired me on the spot after completing an application. They didn't do a background check or drug screen.

There was no negotiation. They offered me a salary and I accepted it. They said that would increase but it was extremely slow.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants in July 2009.

The interview was held in the manager's office and consisted of them identifying my wants to gain the position and ability to handle stressful envirnoments. I felt that the interview was pretty easy it is just hard to actually get and interview. Once you have the interview be expected to be asked about your 5 year plan and recent experience working in security and working with the public.

Interview Questions
    Consider making sure you are ready to explain how you deal under stressful situations and ability to understand that customer service is a main part of this position

Security Officer Interview

Basically, is you have your certs, you'll get hired on.

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Professional Security Consultants.

Very simple questions that anyone can answer. They look for people who want to be there for years and dedicate themselves to the job. Most important question they ask you is what you will do career wise in a year and 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • None. Simple interview for security officer position.   View Answer