Progeny Systems Corp. Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progeny Systems Corp.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. in August 2012.

HR is very quick in communication. Mostly talked about items in the resume. I talked to several managers ( some asked technical questions, some did not).

1 weeks.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, KY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. in July 2010.

After a phone interview, I drove down to Somerset to have an onsite interview. I was surprised by the quickness of the interview that day, perhaps even a bit put off by it given the amount of time it took me to drive down to Somerset. I spoke with 2 engineers across a table for less than a half hour, then was given a walking tour of the office for about five minutes, then sat down one more time to talk with a manager. I was shaking hands and walking back to my car in little more than an hour. I wasn't sure if I'd made a good impression until I received an offer, and it was a good one, too. Unfortunately by that time I'd decided against working there.

Interview Questions

They were making do with what they had, but there wasn't much there, not yet. The entire office could be walked in the space of a minute, and except for the manager, the crew was young. If you're looking to work for a start-up, or a part of a company that still needed to prove itself to the rest of the company, then this could be the place for you. Also, the surrounding area was very economically distressed, which unfortunately may have factored into my decision not to accept the offer more than anything.

Computer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleroi, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleroi, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. in January 2010.

Progeny was recruiting at my university. I didn't even remember talking to them until I received an email asking me if I'd be interested in an interview. I first had a phone interview. Two people were supposed to be doing the interview, but one was sick, so I only had one interviewer for the phone interview. It was simple. There were basic questions about my experience and leadership abilities. I was told about the company and the work I'd be doing if hired. I guess it went well because I was asked to set up an on-site interview. When that day came, I drove around for an hour trying to pinpoint the location. I was given coordinates to put into Google Maps which gave me unclear directions (in their defense, the roads were horribly labeled). I was glad I left early, because I took an extra 30 minutes making sure I was in the right area. I'm used to large corporations, so I was surprised at how small the actual site was. When it was finally time for the interview, I was taken into a conference room right by the entrance. I sat facing the windows and was blinded the entire time. As I waited for the interview to start, more people kept pouring into the room. I think I had about 6 different people there... all staring at me. Then the interview started. Everyone would ask a question as it came to them. However, I remember the oldest man in the group took control. He asked me about a group project I worked on and told me that I did it wrong. He wouldn't let the subject go. He told me what we should have done, why we were wrong, and why his way is much better. It was a company sponsored project and we were told to not do it his way. Then he bashed the company. The other questions were basic interview questions: Why do you want to work at Progeny? What would you bring to the company? What sort of experience do you have? etc. The interviewers would make up their own questions based off of your answers just to get more details and clarity. Easy interview, but they made me feel very unwanted. Overall, having them all stare at me from the other side of an oval table and not being able to see them from the glare was quite unnerving. I felt uncomfortable the whole time. Needless to say, I didn't finish filling out the employee application online because I knew there was no way I'd work there.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what you _should_ have done for your design project?   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp..

I initially was contacted for an interview after submitting my IT-esque resume to their website. When I came on-site for the interview, I was under the impression I would be interviewing for an IT position, especially since that was what my resume was highlighting. However, the interview focused purely on my Navy experience. I then discovered that I was being interviewed for a Test Engineer position. As I was leaving the Navy in a short while, any job prospect was a good one.

I was interviewed by two people in one room and then I was asked to step out. I was called back into the room and put on the phone with a part-owner of the company. I spoke with him for a few minutes, he asked me what my salary expectations were, and that was it. I was contacted shortly after and offered the position based on that salary.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was explaining my Navy background when I was expecting an IT interview.   Answer Question