Progress Energy Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progress Energy in February 2011.

Progress Energy follows a standard interview process that is similar to other nuclear utility companies. Nuclear workers are required to have background checks, drug test, and personality test. The face-to-face interview is a panel of three with one person normally an HR person. Questions are anecdotal in nature relating to leadership skills, technical skills, project skills, and abilities to relate to others. Plus personal strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe you greatest weakness and how you will work to resolve it.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southport, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southport, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Progress Energy in January 2011.

This process was easy. Did a phone screen then the following week I interviewed on site with a manager and 4 other people on the team I would be working with. They asked a lot of technical stuff which caught me off guard. Some people that interviewed me seemed like they could care less. Over all I connected with some, and some I didn't.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how to fix things that I never worked with or on.   Answer Question

3 reasons I decided to decline the offer.

1.) Pay was VERY LOW
    2.) Location was very country and the city didn't offer anything for me.
    3.) The Technology I would be working with was VERY DATED and just graduating with my Masters I didn't want to handicap myself.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Progress Energy in December 2010.

30 minute phone screening interview followed by a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager with the last step being an interview with the hiring manager, another departmental manager peer, and then with the Vice President/Treasurer

Interview Questions
    • This was a business case about risk management and you had to define the specific risks involved and how you would mitigate them   View Answer
    It was very short since they had almost a line waiting for this particular job.

IT Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Progress Energy in September 2009.

Good interview in two one hour sessions, that gave a good view into management of that area and interface with other business functions. There was adequate time to ask both formal and conversational questions related specifically to the job and the corprate culture. It was a a very secure IT operations center that showed the corprations commitment to technology.

Senior Business Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Progress Energy in August 2009.

It was an internal position that I applied for and interviewed with. I met the manager at some corporate conferences , but this experience put me in a disadvantage position as he thinks I'm not a fit for the job just because he had some general impression of me for being too quiet at the meetings that he went to, where we met. I only received a phone interview.

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progress Energy in May 2009.

Was very structured and consistent. This was appreciated though as structure enables a fair comparison of candidates. Know their company values. Show enthusiasm and problem solving skills. Ability to work in a stressful environment with a diverse workforce is essential.

Interview Questions
    • Here is an actual situation where an internal customer made an extraordinary request of the incumbent in this position. How would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would some of your former bosses say are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progress Energy in September 2012.

Phone interview

easy, due to skill set

Director of Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progress Energy in July 2010.

Contact with HR; then hiring manager and one other senior manager

Licensing Engineer Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Progress Energy in December 2009.

Submitted resume online. A few months later, I was contacted for a phone screen and subsequently invited for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of a panel interview with 3 managers. It was a behavioral interview, but was very conversational. There were no strict guidelines for staying with the pre-selected questions. Within 2 weeks of the onsite interview, I was received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to overcome a difficult problem.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for an extra week of vacation.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Progress Energy in September 2009.

This was just an ordinary interview, where 2 employees alternate in asking you questions about your work abilities. They are looking for a well rounded person who is hard working and has good social skills. The employees are very friendly and not at all aggressive, so just be calm and truthful.

P.S. I was offered the job and it was a fantastic place to work!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you experienced a conflict with your teammate. Team leadership skills??   Answer Question